BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Big Block build

5 posters

Go down

Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Big Block build Empty Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Big Block build

Post  jeffgfg February 19th 2014, 8:35 pm

I just read in the April issue of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords about a 385 build they did. Seems pretty straight forward 4.5 crank, 080 over dished pistons, pump gas, out of the box P-51 and a .746/732 272/280 at 050 on a 114 lsa solid roller cam. Na it hit 754 on hp and 713 torque. Then they hit it with the bottle a 200 shot and it went to 1014 hp and 935 torque. Oh it had a 1150 Holley on a Victor intake and a Wilson plate NOS system. Doesn't sound to bad. What do you guys think????

jeffgfg

Back to top Go down

Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Big Block build Empty Re: Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Big Block build

Post  nitrous.f February 19th 2014, 10:34 pm

what year issue?  Shocked 
nitrous.f
nitrous.f

Back to top Go down

Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Big Block build Empty Re: Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Big Block build

Post  Mark Miller February 20th 2014, 2:49 am

nitrous.f wrote:what year issue?  Shocked 

It's the new one out right now April 2014 edition.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mustang-junky February 20th 2014, 7:11 pm

And to think I let my subscription end. Got tired of nothing but Mod motor builds.

Jess
Mustang-junky
Mustang-junky

Back to top Go down

Post  GTmustang February 21st 2014, 10:03 am

Mustang-junky wrote:And to think I let my subscription end.  Got tired of nothing but Mod motor builds.

Jess
X2
Gary

GTmustang
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  GTmustang March 4th 2014, 9:43 am

Bought the magazine and read the article. Sounds like they got a set of free P51 heads from Kaase and instead of researching the build and building the best combination, they just through in everything they could get for free including Pro Comp 4.5" stroker crank and rods (wouldn't be my first choice- even if it was free!)! It made 750 hp on motor and then they through NOS at it till they made 1,014 hp. They didn't put a windage tray in it and they said that they had to lower the oil in the pan to keep the oil out of the crank and make more power. Probably not the best way to ensure long term durability! Maybe they should go back to building Mod Motors!
Gary

GTmustang
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Mustang-junky March 4th 2014, 9:00 pm

A lot of their builds use procomp cranks and rods.

Jess
Mustang-junky
Mustang-junky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum