BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scja heads

+3
BB94STANG
dfree383
garys gt
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

scja heads - Page 2 Empty Re: scja heads

Post  4thHorseman February 27th 2014, 11:19 am

Both my scj blown motor and my p-51 headed motor have heads that are pretty much out of the box.  I had a 30 degree back cut done on the scj's.  But if I was to want more flow out of them as it appears you do I wouldn't mess around with a local shop.  I'm all for helping out local businesses but going fast is big $ (scj's aren't cheap) and it takes a barnful of knowledge to get it right and if it gets f'ed up you go slow, aren't happy,  and have a couple of neat looking door stops.

The short of it is if it we me and my wallet I'd send the heads off to one of these site vendors with your cam specs or let them set you up with a cam given your combo and intensions.  You'll end up quicker and money ahead later.  Just my .02.
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

scja heads - Page 2 Empty Re: scja heads

Post  rmcomprandy February 27th 2014, 8:45 pm

4thHorseman wrote:Both my scj blown motor and my p-51 headed motor have heads that are pretty much out of the box.  I had a 30 degree back cut done on the scj's.  But if I was to want more flow out of them as it appears you do I wouldn't mess around with a local shop.  I'm all for helping out local businesses but going fast is big $ (scj's aren't cheap) and it takes a barnful of knowledge to get it right and if it gets f'ed up you go slow, aren't happy,  and have a couple of neat looking door stops.

The short of it is if it we me and my wallet I'd send the heads off to one of these site vendors with your cam specs or let them set you up with a cam given your combo and intensions.  You'll end up quicker and money ahead later.  Just my .02.

Yea, but you are missing a point that you probably save 10 bucks in the beginning.  Wink

My dad used to call it, "penny wise and dollar foolish".

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2