BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring Columbus Swap Meet

+5
3x8g
GT300TD
dave d
bbf-falcon
rmcomprandy
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Spring Columbus Swap Meet - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring Columbus Swap Meet

Post  NOS42 April 6th 2014, 8:07 am

will anyone give a honest opinion on turn out? as in items, vendors and cars, stuff for sale....we use to come out from Syracuse but in recent years it was just not the same....is it more of a meet and greet now? just curious is all
NOS42
NOS42

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon April 6th 2014, 9:18 am

imo,the fall meet is a bigger turnout as far as vendors,used parts and crowd.There is always great deals to be found.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf April 6th 2014, 3:53 pm

This was my first time. There was 2 buildings with parts inside. There was a small selection between the two buildings outside. There was also parts in the car corral section with a bunch of cars. Not the biggest swap meet I have ever been to but being all Ford you didn't have to dig through piles of chevy junk for that blue oval gem. Price wise, there were a few good deals but I didn't see everyone "giving" stuff away. Like Rick said there were some good deals but mostly regular prices that could be found online at craigslist or ebay. Better prices could be had with a bit of haggling but I'm not your guy for that. lol.

Now if you are looking for specific odd car pieces it was great. For example there were more Falcon parts and 56 Ford parts there than I have ever seen. SBF aluminum heads were plenty and could be had from cheap to expensive depending on taste. There was a shit ton of FE parts there priced like they were gold.

I was looking for oddball obsolete intakes for my collection and managed to find a sbf Barry Grant Bad Man intake. They only made a few before they went bankrupt so that was pretty cool. I also found a Blue Thunder 429 Injection manifold which is amazing IMO. I was also looking for a sbf Mickey Thompson cross ram and there were a couple there but I spent enough on the other intakes that I had to pass. The white unicorn I was looking for is a sbf Man-A-Fre 4x2 intake.

Spring Columbus Swap Meet - Page 2 4Deuce_03_zps86e1e0b2
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon April 6th 2014, 6:17 pm

Those intakes you bought were very Cool Jason,the one you have shown is the only one I have ever seen. Da Coug probably has a garage full of them. Very Happy 

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD April 6th 2014, 7:38 pm

Jason...glad you liked it. I belong to both car clubs that put the Spring and Fall Ford swaps on. I've belonged to each club for about 7 years and the show was about twice as big then. There was one more building and a lot more people, and vendors. These days some of the vendors don't make enough to pay for their gas, and some sell a lot of stuff. Kinda depends on what people are looking for, also location makes a big difference. E-bay and Craig's list have really hurt us. Still a good time for sure, you can meet and put a face on some of your Ford Brothers  Very Happy

Last edited by GT300TD on April 7th 2014, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  NOS42 April 6th 2014, 8:05 pm

what a unique intake, very cool...sounds like we might have to make the trip once again....may have even talked to some of you guys and never even knew it....we only do a one day trips, so were on a mission...lol
NOS42
NOS42

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy April 6th 2014, 8:55 pm

The spring swap meet is on the first weekend of APRIL ...
well, a few years ago that weekend was the EASTER weekend but, they held the swap meet anyway but, on Friday evening and Saturday afternoon. So they lost a lot of vendors and a considerable buyers at that time. The next 2 years they did the same thing with Friday evening and Saturday afternoon so, they lost even MORE vendors and even MORE buyers. (Heaven only knows what the powers in control of that meet were thinking).

This swap meet was still a big meet by other standards but, not near what it used to be as far as turn-out. This used to be a lot bigger than the fall meet, (mostly because of the length of the day and weather), but, NOT ANY MORE. The fall swap meet is larger even with those handicaps.

NOW, if they KEEP it Saturday and Sunday some vendors and therefore buyers may come back. Those I talk with have a wait and see attitude about that.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf April 6th 2014, 10:52 pm

GT300TD wrote:Still a good time for sure, you can meet and put a face on some of your Ford Brothers  Very Happy

That is for sure. That makes the trip worth it IMO.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2