BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Short turn radius tip to stabilize dove heads with 2.25 valve at high lifts.

2 posters

Go down

Short turn radius tip to stabilize dove heads with 2.25 valve at high lifts. Empty Short turn radius tip to stabilize dove heads with 2.25 valve at high lifts.

Post  ED468 April 17th 2014, 9:18 am

We found while playing with my doves that by just slightly adding a flat spot, I mean slightly going up to the creast increased .550 and up numbers while making less turbulent and kept increasing flow to the 1inch mark instead of flattening out around .600 . They were flowed on a consertative  flow bench around 360 at 700. Flow was probed to be very strong on the cylinder side. Ported them just like my TFS heads I did except for the short turn. It was flowed on a 4.40 cyl. which I believe would of been better on a 4.60 hole. They flowed 8 cfm less then my ported streets on this bench. Anyone else noticed or tried this approach? Will see if my buddie car pics up with these heads over good ported ones and same valves..,ED

ED468

Back to top Go down

Short turn radius tip to stabilize dove heads with 2.25 valve at high lifts. Empty Re: Short turn radius tip to stabilize dove heads with 2.25 valve at high lifts.

Post  rmcomprandy April 18th 2014, 12:26 am

ED468 wrote:We found while playing with my doves that by just slightly adding a flat spot, I mean slightly going up to the creast increased .550 and up numbers while making less turbulent and kept increasing flow to the 1inch mark instead of flattening out  around .600 . They were flowed on a consertative  flow bench around 360 at 700. Flow was probed to be very strong on the cylinder side. Ported them just like my TFS heads I did except for the short turn. It was flowed on a 4.40 cyl. which I believe would of been better on a 4.60 hole. They flowed 8 cfm less then my ported streets on this bench. Anyone else noticed or tried this approach? Will see if my buddie car pics up with these heads over good ported ones and same valves..,ED

YES ... it does help high valve lifts but, it hurts .300", .400" & .500" so it depends upon if you value maximum flow over the whole curve.

That is determined mostly by how the heads are to be used and the camshaft in the engine.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Short turn radius tip to stabilize dove heads with 2.25 valve at high lifts. Empty head porting

Post  ED468 April 19th 2014, 1:30 pm

Yes the head was ported for a high lift solid roller with higher rpm in mind with a 1150 dominator. Small tire car at his track cant use the torque he has Mad 

ED468

Back to top Go down

Short turn radius tip to stabilize dove heads with 2.25 valve at high lifts. Empty Re: Short turn radius tip to stabilize dove heads with 2.25 valve at high lifts.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down