efi intake conversion

Go down

efi intake conversion

Post  jasonf on June 4th 2014, 2:21 pm

Where is a good place to have an intake converted to efi and fuel rails machined?
avatar
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 2795
Join date : 2009-07-14
Age : 49
Location : Lafayette, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: efi intake conversion

Post  dfree383 on June 4th 2014, 2:44 pm

avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14118
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: efi intake conversion

Post  jasonf on June 4th 2014, 2:52 pm


That is a torquer manifold for standard port heads. I see pro comp makes on now but I can't bring myself to buying one of those. I'm looking to convert my BT or vic jr intake.
avatar
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 2795
Join date : 2009-07-14
Age : 49
Location : Lafayette, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: efi intake conversion

Post  dfree383 on June 4th 2014, 2:55 pm

The torker will for Scj ports.

And eddy has the rails if you want to use them on another intake.
avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14118
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: efi intake conversion

Post  jasonf on June 4th 2014, 3:15 pm

dfree383 wrote:The torker will for Scj ports.

And eddy has the rails if you want to use them on another intake.

I have the eddy rails but they are offset about 1/8" compared to the cj port. Below is a vic jr intake with the eddy rail you are talking about.

avatar
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 2795
Join date : 2009-07-14
Age : 49
Location : Lafayette, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: efi intake conversion

Post  rmcomprandy on June 4th 2014, 3:51 pm

Wilson Manifolds - www.wilsonmanifolds.com/

rmcomprandy

Posts : 5086
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

View user profile http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Re: efi intake conversion

Post  whatbumper on June 4th 2014, 5:56 pm

we do those. I know we cant get to it for a few weeks though if you are in a hurry.

whatbumper

Posts : 3020
Join date : 2009-11-11
Age : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: efi intake conversion

Post  SandHillsHillbilly on June 4th 2014, 8:29 pm

This guy specializes in doing them.
http://www.hotrodsolutions.net/index.html
avatar
SandHillsHillbilly

Posts : 225
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 57
Location : South Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: efi intake conversion

Post  Mustang-junky on June 4th 2014, 9:19 pm

avatar
Mustang-junky

Posts : 422
Join date : 2011-12-04
Location : Central New York. The state, not the city.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: efi intake conversion

Post  fordguy69 on June 4th 2014, 9:34 pm

Induction Solutions in Brooksville, Florida.

fordguy69

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: efi intake conversion

Post  whatbumper on June 4th 2014, 11:01 pm

Mustang-junky wrote:You could use these;

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/weldin-injector-bung-for-ev1-and-ev6-injectors-p-505.html

and not even need a fuel rail.

Jess

Fuel rail would be the better option due to the fuel log aspect of it.

whatbumper

Posts : 3020
Join date : 2009-11-11
Age : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: efi intake conversion

Post  SandHillsHillbilly on June 5th 2014, 12:55 am

Mustang-junky wrote:You could use these;

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/weldin-injector-bung-for-ev1-and-ev6-injectors-p-505.html

and not even need a fuel rail.

Jess

That would be a plumbing nightmare for 8 injectors. Might be ok for them 4 cylinder guys.
avatar
SandHillsHillbilly

Posts : 225
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 57
Location : South Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: efi intake conversion

Post  Mustang-junky on June 5th 2014, 8:59 pm

SandHillsHillbilly wrote:
Mustang-junky wrote:You could use these;

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/weldin-injector-bung-for-ev1-and-ev6-injectors-p-505.html

and not even need a fuel rail.

Jess

That would be a plumbing nightmare for 8 injectors. Might be ok for them 4 cylinder guys.

Mechanical fuel injection set-ups use a hose to each cylinder, right? I don't see why this would be much different pluming wise.

The problem I would see is that the fuel volume would be less than what a fuel rail would hold. But, a 6 -an to 1/4? NPT fitting would flow a good amount of fuel given it would be only for one cylinder.

Jess
avatar
Mustang-junky

Posts : 422
Join date : 2011-12-04
Location : Central New York. The state, not the city.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: efi intake conversion

Post  jasonf on June 7th 2014, 9:22 pm

[quote="Mustang-junky"][quote="SandHillsHillbilly"]
Mustang-junky wrote:

Mechanical fuel injection set-ups use a hose to each cylinder, right?  I don't see why this would be much different pluming wise.  

The problem I would see is that the fuel volume would be less than what a fuel rail would hold.  But, a 6 -an to 1/4? NPT fitting would flow a good amount of fuel given it would be only for one cylinder.  

Jess

Mechanical injection is constant flow where as an electronic injector is opening and closing which creates pulses in the fuel line. The volume in the fuel rail helps smooth out those pulses like a buffer so to speak. Or so I read.  Wink 
avatar
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 2795
Join date : 2009-07-14
Age : 49
Location : Lafayette, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: efi intake conversion

Post  whatbumper on June 7th 2014, 10:30 pm

jasonf wrote:
Mustang-junky wrote:
SandHillsHillbilly wrote:
Mustang-junky wrote:

Mechanical fuel injection set-ups use a hose to each cylinder, right?  I don't see why this would be much different pluming wise.  

The problem I would see is that the fuel volume would be less than what a fuel rail would hold.  But, a 6 -an to 1/4? NPT fitting would flow a good amount of fuel given it would be only for one cylinder.  

Jess

Mechanical injection is constant flow where as an electronic injector is opening and closing which creates pulses in the fuel line. The volume in the fuel rail helps smooth out those pulses like a buffer so to speak. Or so I read.  Wink 

Couldn't have said it better. Cool 

whatbumper

Posts : 3020
Join date : 2009-11-11
Age : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum