BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much does the hvh super sucker help ?

+6
342g
richter69
bbf-falcon
bruno
lghting94
nuclearcobra
10 posters

Go down

How much does the hvh super sucker help ? Empty How much does the hvh super sucker help ?

Post  nuclearcobra November 10th 2009, 1:41 pm

i just put one on but haven't had it to the track yet i just wanted to ask what your guys input is on these things ?
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

How much does the hvh super sucker help ? Empty Re: How much does the hvh super sucker help ?

Post  lghting94 November 10th 2009, 1:44 pm

On my motor with a dominator it was 10 Horsepower with the 2 inch version. On my buddys moter with a 4150 carb the 1 inch was 7 HP and the 2 inch was a total of 15 hp vs a 1 inch open spacer on all comparisons (dyno tested).
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

How much does the hvh super sucker help ? Empty Re: How much does the hvh super sucker help ?

Post  bruno November 10th 2009, 1:53 pm

I HAD THE HVH .....GO WITH THE JOMAR PIECE Twisted Evil

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 10th 2009, 6:26 pm

Guy's correct me if I'm wrong,but don't you need to do some tuning after installation? (not just a instant HP gain) Exclamation

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 10th 2009, 6:37 pm

I have a SS, just got the Jomar deal from Lem today..............Jomar deal is the cats ass....................

Super sucker is for sale............ Very Happy
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  342g November 10th 2009, 7:02 pm

What is the difference in the two?
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra November 10th 2009, 7:04 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:Guy's correct me if I'm wrong,but don't you need to do some tuning after installation? (not just a instant HP gain) Exclamation
it does say you have to rejet i just put it on i'm runin a little fat anyway so it might be good. It was only 50 bucks so what the heck i figured its worth a try.Now i wonder how it'll work on top of my zex perimeter plate What a Face
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g November 10th 2009, 7:06 pm

I have a hvh that I bought from Lem, are they already obsolete, can't keep up. Very Happy
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans November 10th 2009, 7:45 pm

342g wrote:I have a hvh that I bought from Lem, are they already obsolete, can't keep up. Very Happy

They both are better than an open or 4 hole spacer ...on the stuff we have tested . If i had a HVH unit that was doing a good job I'd keep using it . I.M.O. these are the reasons the Jomar units have the edge .
1] The material they are made of is much better .
2] A little more power in most applications .
3] Jomar guys are a sponsor of the "bash"
In that order .

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  514Fox87 November 10th 2009, 10:06 pm

richter69 wrote:I have a SS, just got the Jomar deal from Lem today..............Jomar deal is the cats ass....................

Super sucker is for sale............ Very Happy

Hey Jon how much? I don't have either.
514Fox87
514Fox87

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra November 11th 2009, 8:47 am

Cut it out Melvin you dont need that i cant catch you as it is Laughing
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  feetfirst November 11th 2009, 8:51 am

Rejet is correct!! Lean is mean.....I "should" have been down to at least 88's or 87's squared in my 1050 in the heat.....

Another thing.........dyno's DONT go down the track......so its a trial/error thing. I have seen a "dynoed" motor run down the track, then swap the 2" spacer for a 1", and pick up 2.5 mph.........
feetfirst
feetfirst

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman February 24th 2010, 8:55 pm

Yes. I had to rejet down 2 in both ends of the dom. Its pulling a little more fuel thru with the up'ed velocity.

If you're already a little fat it's going to be pig fat.
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra February 26th 2010, 8:14 am

Thanks for the info i was thinking the other way around.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 February 26th 2010, 8:53 pm

feetfirst wrote:Rejet is correct!! Lean is mean.....I "should" have been down to at least 88's or 87's squared in my 1050 in the heat.....

Another thing.........dyno's DONT go down the track......so its a trial/error thing. I have seen a "dynoed" motor run down the track, then swap the 2" spacer for a 1", and pick up 2.5 mph.........

I keep seeing this but the dyno will show you what your motor likes and doesnt if your chassis isnt set up for the power your making it can go slower and by changing spacers your dropping power to get the chassis working better, some adjustments to the chassis/suspension may have gained this guy more. and yes i understand that some small adjustments have to be made to correct for weather and such.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down