best wiring kit?

Go down

best wiring kit?

Post  BB94STANG on June 26th 2014, 11:06 pm

What has anyone used? Painless,EZ...ect? Putting the mustang on the street and need lights, turn signals ect. to make it street legal and I want to completely rip out the existing wiring and start from scratch.
avatar
BB94STANG

Posts : 245
Join date : 2009-08-15
Age : 42
Location : Winchester, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best wiring kit?

Post  jones on June 27th 2014, 12:28 am

BB94STANG wrote:What has anyone used? Painless,EZ...ect? Putting the mustang on the street and need lights, turn signals ect. to make it street legal and I want to completely rip out the existing wiring and start from scratch.

You would think there is a company out there that makes a specific wiring harness for the mustangs as many of them that are out there! I know I saw a company out there that made a nice clean simple kit.

Here is a couple of factory replacements?
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/products/Mustang-Complete-Wiring-Harnesses
http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCatalog/Electrical/wiring-sys.htm

jones

Posts : 2212
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Philadelphia, MS.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best wiring kit?

Post  jones on June 27th 2014, 12:35 am

Here is one company.
http://www.ronfrancis.com
http://www.americanautowire.com

Speed wire is expensive put probably the nicest.
http://gallo-teck.ca/speedwire/

jones

Posts : 2212
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Philadelphia, MS.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best wiring kit?

Post  D. Sea on June 27th 2014, 3:11 pm

http://www.trickcableandswitch.com/

^ What is in my car. Custom made for my application.

avatar
D. Sea

Posts : 2765
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 49
Location : Kentucky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best wiring kit?

Post  Doug Rahn on June 28th 2014, 5:37 am

For a race application I like Auto Rod Controls touch pad setup. It uses a small computer type ribbon cable to connect the switch panel instead of a large bundle of wires running up the bars. I also use their firewall keypad which only took a couple of minutes to setup, plugged in one cable.


http://www.autorod.net/products/?TB_LINK=table_485bf7d08e08a



avatar
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 1670
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 67
Location : Springfield, GA

View user profile http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Re: best wiring kit?

Post  BB94STANG on June 28th 2014, 7:22 am

Thanks guys!
avatar
BB94STANG

Posts : 245
Join date : 2009-08-15
Age : 42
Location : Winchester, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best wiring kit?

Post  bbf-falcon on June 28th 2014, 8:09 am

Doug Rahn wrote:For a race application I like Auto Rod Controls touch pad setup. It uses a small computer type ribbon cable to connect the switch panel instead of a large bundle of wires running up the bars. I also use their firewall keypad which only took a couple of minutes to setup, plugged in one cable.


http://www.autorod.net/products/?TB_LINK=table_485bf7d08e08a




Doug,Does the touch pad work ok w/gloves on?

bbf-falcon

Posts : 8992
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Jackson, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best wiring kit?

Post  Doug Rahn on June 29th 2014, 6:13 am

bbf-falcon wrote:
Doug Rahn wrote:For a race application I like Auto Rod Controls touch pad setup. It uses a small computer type ribbon cable to connect the switch panel instead of a large bundle of wires running up the bars. I also use their firewall keypad which only took a couple of minutes to setup, plugged in one cable.

Doug,Does the touch pad work ok w/gloves on?

After installing I tried it with gloves on with no problem, and I've never heard Mike complain about it.
avatar
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 1670
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 67
Location : Springfield, GA

View user profile http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Re: best wiring kit?

Post  QtrWarrior on June 29th 2014, 7:26 am

Doug Rahn wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:
Doug Rahn wrote:For a race application I like Auto Rod Controls touch pad setup. It uses a small computer type ribbon cable to connect the switch panel instead of a large bundle of wires running up the bars. I also use their firewall keypad which only took a couple of minutes to setup, plugged in one cable.

Doug,Does the touch pad work ok w/gloves on?

After installing I tried it with gloves on with no problem, and I've never heard Mike complain about it.

Nope..no issues here..
avatar
QtrWarrior

Posts : 2562
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 59
Location : Bloomingdale, Ga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best wiring kit?

Post  Curt on June 29th 2014, 9:15 am

Doug Rahn wrote:

After installing I tried it with gloves on with no problem, and I've never heard Mike complain about it.

Mike would never complain anyway,,,,,,,,,,,,, right????  Laughing 
avatar
Curt

Posts : 2661
Join date : 2009-02-08
Age : 56
Location : Henrietta, Texas but mostly on the road

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best wiring kit?

Post  69bluehotrod on June 29th 2014, 1:18 pm

Best wiring kit made IMO... Cool   don't know if it would be good for your particular application but you might contact ARC & see if they have something... very easy install.



avatar
69bluehotrod
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 819
Join date : 2010-10-01
Age : 55
Location : Grand Prairie, TX.

View user profile http://rainbowvacuumsalesservice.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: best wiring kit?

Post  whatbumper on June 29th 2014, 10:16 pm

I'm a little partial to the Leash stuff.  We've used the ARC stuff as well but for the price the Leash stuff is hard to beat. As far as the actual wire goes, I have never found a pre-bundled kit that would not have been better off making from scratch.

whatbumper

Posts : 3023
Join date : 2009-11-11
Age : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best wiring kit?

Post  BB94STANG on July 1st 2014, 12:21 pm

Thanks guys. Going to start converting it this fall. Probably going to build a small block or maybe a carb setup on a dohc 4.6 cobra motor.
avatar
BB94STANG

Posts : 245
Join date : 2009-08-15
Age : 42
Location : Winchester, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum