BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

converter let go

+8
mstngfreak
85bigblockfox
cool40
whatbumper
dfree383
richter69
whitefield
quick 52
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

converter  let go - Page 2 Empty Re: converter let go

Post  quick 52 July 14th 2014, 3:45 pm

UPS the converter today will let you know what Michael as to say

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech July 14th 2014, 6:00 pm

I have a really good converter built at a local shop. I dropped from 11.70's with a guess-a-stall TCI piece to 10.85 with my new converter from DSI on the first pass last year. No other changes....It works great...But to show you that all shops have their bad day's I'll tell you what happened to me a week ago. I wanted them to freshen up my C6 until I had time to rollerize it myself. The owner had been bugging me to do a sponsor deal as I was happy with my converter and I'm running it in a Ford...Most people around here will tell you they are Mopar only. So I said ok and gave them my C6, 2 extra ones for hard parts and a diesel E40D for some more good parts that he wanted...They built it, rollerized it and install my used Merkl VB with a brake. I got it home, got the car together only to have reverse but no forward gears.... Rolling Eyes ....Needless to say it's back on their bench and I ain't putting their decals on my car until it works right.  Suspect The builder knows C6's very well (building tranny's for 35yrs) but he missed something and unfortunately I had to get a dud. In the future if I break it they will fix it, they stand behind their work.
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T July 15th 2014, 3:32 pm

We use PTC on all our high end stuff and Lane treats us right too.

I second that I have no complaints with PTC great service every time.
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  quick 52 July 16th 2014, 2:35 pm

Larry T wrote: We use PTC on all our high end stuff and Lane treats us right too.

I second that I have no complaints with PTC great service every time.  
PTC is a good shop and have used them before....Plus there prices are fair I just thought I would try out Freak Show... have a couple friends running Freakshow converter and all been fine guess it just my turn in the barrel

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  quick 52 July 17th 2014, 10:40 pm

Finally got time to finish up the old trans that I robbed the pump and governor out of... Drove it around today 20 - 30 miles and seem fine... Waiting For Michael to contact me when he get the converter to see what happen....Still haven't order parts to freshen the trans that the converter contaminated looks like 3-4 clutch pack, reverse input clutch pack sprags, seal kit and bushing Also the converter

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  85bigblockfox September 24th 2014, 2:59 pm

Was the cause of the problem ever figured out?
85bigblockfox
85bigblockfox

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper September 24th 2014, 4:21 pm

85bigblockfox wrote:Was the cause of the problem ever figured out?

I was kind of waiting myself after seeing the converter opened up.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  airford1 October 14th 2014, 11:56 am

just part of good customer service. Shipping takes awhile. Sleep
airford1
airford1

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper October 14th 2014, 4:53 pm

airford1 wrote:just part of good customer service. Shipping takes awhile. Sleep

No sir. I cut it open. It was fine and it went back immediately. I was hoping to see more from the transmission.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave De October 28th 2014, 9:55 pm

I will speak for Dale (quick52) because he has had some computer problems. His trans had some metal in it that must have come from a converter. The trans was in working order at disassembly so he doesnt know what could be wrong. He will rebuild the trans and plug it in next year.

I have a Freakshow billet converter in my 9.20s Mustang that has been flawless for 2 seasons. It replaced a Coan that failed twice in less than a year. I rolled the dice with Freakshow for half the price of UCC and so far so good. It did need to be reflashed because the first build would blow  thru the converter. The reflash was perfect.
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Post  quick 52 November 25th 2014, 2:29 pm

Dave thank for the reply puter was down and just got a new... I'm not bad mouthing Freak Show they have been very stand up in service and shipping... The converter was return with Freak Show saying there was no evidence of failure and at no charge to me... As far as the trans goes it has been inspected a few times by myself with no luck finding a problem and also a pro trans builder that would cause a lost of all gears... So with that said the trans will be freshen this winter and try again... Like I said Michael has stood behind his product

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2