BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Street Outlaws

+33
schmitty
blown86hallet
BRONCOBILLY7.5
Darrin Gorham
whatbumper
YellowStangDuane
cobrakid8
jasonf
fordguy69
77f150
Barney
4thHorseman
windsor
IDT-572
DILLIGASDAVE
DFI429
Mike R
460pulling
whitefield
dr's wife racing
bird of prey
NOS42
dfree383
85bigblockfox
D. Sea
Wes Littrell
wild pony
cool40
KY JELLY
bbf-falcon
richter69
yellowhorse7
79Puller
37 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Street Outlaws - Page 2 Empty Re: Street Outlaws

Post  85bigblockfox July 18th 2014, 8:47 am

richter69 wrote:saw on fb where Dave went a 4.31....... big cheif headed 632, 3 kits, light truck..... bottlomless pockets....... seems legit.

Someone has a man crush..........
85bigblockfox
85bigblockfox

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 18th 2014, 8:59 am

85bigblockfox wrote:
richter69 wrote:saw on fb where Dave went a 4.31....... big cheif headed 632, 3 kits, light truck..... bottlomless pockets....... seems legit.

Someone has a man crush.........
Wheres my autographed t shirt?
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  85bigblockfox July 18th 2014, 9:07 am

richter69 wrote:
85bigblockfox wrote:

Someone has a man crush.........
Wheres my autographed t shirt?

Haha......you gotta go to so I can get a pic of you in the driver seat of the truck
85bigblockfox
85bigblockfox

Back to top Go down

Post  bird of prey July 19th 2014, 1:33 am

bbf-falcon wrote:

True,BUT still has too have the skill/knowhow to hook it on the street. Exclamation 

with traction control, you to can be a street race car driver
bird of prey
bird of prey

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Littrell July 19th 2014, 7:29 am

When I met Dave at our track you couldn't ask for a nicer person. He said some of them have let the show go to their heads but for him it was all about having fun. He said one of his biggest enjoyments was when the little kids want to set in his truck. It was funny I had my wooden caravan at the track and he came over to me and ask if he could have his wife take pics of him setting in my stuff Shocked . He hung out with us for quite a while just having a good time.
Wes Littrell
Wes Littrell

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon July 19th 2014, 8:21 am

bird of prey wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:

True,BUT still has too have the skill/knowhow to hook it on the street. Exclamation 

If thats true,it should'nt be allowed imo. Thats NOT street racing.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 July 19th 2014, 10:03 am

bbf-falcon wrote:
bird of prey wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:

it shouldn't be allowed in any form of drag racing but it is.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 July 19th 2014, 11:47 am

http://www.moretraction.com/Drag%20Units/TMS_Drag_Pro.htm
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea July 23rd 2014, 11:02 am

AZN Hung the Dung  Laughing 
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 23rd 2014, 11:41 am

Ya forgot about that Davis box.....
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing July 23rd 2014, 12:31 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:
bird of prey wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:

I enjoy the program What they are doing is not street racing.They do not drive them. Those are not street cars.They are not even on the street. What they do is more like a no prep race,or a airport drag, low traction surface. All you have to do is go to the tracks around here and you always have have a non prep - low traction surface.. If it is going call it a street race, cars should be street driven cars . meet some where and drive to a location,might be 5 mile might be 25 miles. no trailer,run on fuel you have in the car.When your done you drive it back.. Just saying when is the last time you saw portable gen. driven lights at a street race and cops that just let you go for making a 8 sec 1/4 hit with open headers slicks and no lic. plates on the car. I've done a lot of street racing and been to a lot more. That ain't how it goes down. Again I'm not complaining about the show I watch every episode.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield July 23rd 2014, 12:37 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:
bird of prey wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:

I enjoy the program What they are doing is not street racing.They do not drive them. Those are not street cars.They are not even on the street. What they do is more like a no prep race,or a airport drag, low traction surface. All you have to do is go to the tracks around here and you always have have a non prep - low traction surface.. If it is going call it a street race, cars should be street driven cars . meet some where and drive to a location,might be 5 mile might be 25 miles. no trailer,run on fuel you have in the car.When your done you drive it back.. Just saying when is the last time you saw portable gen. driven lights at a street race and cops that just let you go for making a 8 sec 1/4 hit with open headers slicks and no lic. plates on the car. I've done a lot of street racing and been to a lot more. That ain't how it goes down. Again I'm not complaining about the show I watch every episode.

I have to say I agree with you Ward ! I too have done my share of street racing and still would be if it were not for grandsons and my job. ,! Well stated IMO .
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  85bigblockfox July 23rd 2014, 1:22 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:
bird of prey wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:

So you would rather watch a video shot in the dark where you cant tell which car is which and see 2 sets of tail lights fading in the distance? This is street racing.......just on a blocked off road. I used to help my buddy when he was on the real top 10 list. There was times when they drove maybe half a mile to the race spot. Sure it wasnt far to drive but still driven on the street with tag and insurance  Wink. I will see if I can find some of the videos of the real stuff and see what you like better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QinxCPkuHI
My buddy is the second race in the silver nova. This is 4 years ago when it was real. Red monza is Jerry that now has the camaro and rest is same cars.
85bigblockfox
85bigblockfox

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea July 23rd 2014, 2:19 pm

Street Outlaws Full Throttle has a lot of extra content that was not presented in the premiere episode. Dad and I were cracking up at AZN and Farm Truck LOL!

Lutz swinging from them nuts  Rolling Eyes 
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  460pulling July 23rd 2014, 2:56 pm

I enjoy the show. I'm surprised that everyone is against this show. I am sure they have some serious money and time in the cars. I think if you are running the way the s10 and others run on the surfaces they are its more than just luck.
Here are two interesting videos that i found.
Big chief I'm guessing before the twin turbos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2GCPplyHIs
Shawn before the twin turbos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UZIwXUAZV8

460pulling

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing July 23rd 2014, 4:47 pm

85bigblockfox wrote:
dr's wife racing wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:
bird of prey wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:

So you would rather watch a video shot in the dark where you cant tell which car is which and see 2 sets of tail lights fading in the distance? This is street racing.......just on a blocked off road. I used to help my buddy when he was on the real top 10 list. There was times when they drove maybe half a mile to the race spot. Sure it wasnt far to drive but still driven on the street with tag and insurance  Wink. I will see if I can find some of the videos of the real stuff and see what you like better.

My buddy is the second race in the silver nova. This is 4 years ago when it was real. Red monza is Jerry that now has the camaro and rest is same cars.
You must have read read what I wrote. I enjoy the program and watch every it every time it comes on. Those are not street cars, they do not drive the cars. I've seen all kinds of video's ect. It is more like a no prep race not a street race.. Not dishing what they do. Their cars. How fast they go. How they drive. Looks a lot like what we do. They are race cars in a controled enviorment, which makes it about the same as any unpreped track. That camaro is a bad ass car for sure. He knows what he is doing to get it to go A to B on a bad surface.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R July 23rd 2014, 6:14 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:
85bigblockfox wrote:
dr's wife racing wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:
bird of prey wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:

You must have read read what I wrote. I enjoy the program and watch every it every time it comes on. Those are not  street cars, they do not drive the cars. I've seen all kinds of video's ect. It is more like a no prep race not a street race.. Not dishing what they do. Their cars. How fast they go. How they drive. Looks a lot like what we do. They are race cars in a controled  enviorment, which makes it about the same as any unpreped track. That camaro is a bad ass car for sure. He knows what he is doing to get it to go A to B on a bad surface.

Obviously the show is scripted, that's for the average no nothing viewer and the cars aren't "street driven" except for the farm truck but you've got to respect what they do. Those cars are making serious power and they can make them work on less than ideal surfaces. Look at all the track raced cars that can't get hooked up on a proper surface.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing July 23rd 2014, 6:49 pm

No lack of respect for anyone who builds and drives cars like that. Didn't mean it that way at all.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon July 23rd 2014, 10:02 pm

I like the show.It's got fast cars don't it?  Very Happy 

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  DFI429 July 26th 2014, 5:42 am

cool40 wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:
bird of prey wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:

it shouldn't be allowed in any form of drag racing but it is.

Why not??  What about our endless pursuit of better performance.. be it the latest carb, intake, magic heads, whiz-bang turbo-swirl pistons.. REV LIMITERS???  No one ever bitches about those..  So why would you bitch about traction control technology?  Sounds to me like a BASHCAR conformist mentality... or jealous Chebby types  tongue 

I'm not sayin'... just sayin'   Very Happy Shocked
DFI429
DFI429

http://home.comcast.net/~dfi429/

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE July 26th 2014, 7:08 am

Big difference between a simple rev limiter & a real-time automated traction control box. The rev limiter can't change any settings on it's own, and the automated "thinking" traction control box can change/adapt to changing traction conditions/input data. It takes some of a driver's pedaling skills (or lack of) out of the picture.

But liking/hating real-time traction control is a moot point now anyway. The technology genie is out of the bottle, there's no going back now. It's use is too wide spread these days in too many forms of drag racing.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea July 30th 2014, 9:18 am

Damn Daves truck is FAST!!!! However he couldn't get around the Murder Nova when he was in and out while lifting the tires at mid track  Shocked 
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing July 30th 2014, 9:26 am

Lifting the the tires at mid track is playing with with fire. Most of those / trucks look to have a pretty soft susp. set up. He was driving the wheels off the truck. There was no quit in him.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 July 30th 2014, 3:49 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:Lifting the the tires at mid track is playing with with fire. Most of those / trucks look to have a pretty soft susp. set up. He was driving the wheels off the truck. There was no quit in him.

Soft set up and a good bit of weight bias favoring the rear end looks like to me...............
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  windsor July 30th 2014, 4:11 pm

That truck moves!  That Nova wouldn't have won had the truck made a clean pass.

Last edited by windsor on July 30th 2014, 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next