BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the Bracket Racers

+29
HorsinAround
D. Sea
valleydawg
kim
5pointslow
NOS42
70FB
Lem Evans
rmcomprandy
99zx9r
bigblok2000ranger
Larry T
maverick532
Curt
Dave C.
gmsmkr
cool40
bbf-falcon
richter69
YellowStangDuane
Barney
Dark Horse of Apocalypse
dfree383
bruno
dr's wife racing
maverick
KY JELLY
QtrWarrior
yellowhorse7
33 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

For the Bracket Racers - Page 2 Empty Re: For the Bracket Racers

Post  dfree383 August 2nd 2014, 10:32 am

cool40 wrote:All you wanta be heads up racers need to remember without the brack racers you'd all be famous street racers! Damn them bracket racers for keeping tracks all over the country open the last 40 years!  Rolling Eyes 

X2
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 2nd 2014, 10:45 am

Its wanna be. The reason theres so many bracket racers is because if you have a pulse you can do it. My daughter hasnt even completed drivers ed and gets it done.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior August 2nd 2014, 10:49 am

Barney wrote:Its wanna be. The reason theres so many bracket racers is because if you have a pulse you can do it. My daughter hasnt even completed drivers ed and gets it done.

Maybe it's because all this small tire racing didn't exist when we started racing ??
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 2nd 2014, 11:11 am

Probly
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr August 2nd 2014, 11:14 am

Small tire or no tire  Very Happy cheers  why race round after round for 1000$ when you can get it done in one pass
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 August 2nd 2014, 11:16 am

gmsmkr wrote:Small tire or no tire  Very Happy cheers  why race round after round for 1000$ when you can get it done in one pass

Winna.....

Round robin my shit for what. Show up with the cash and get it done on one hit. More BBQ time
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. August 2nd 2014, 11:18 am

Bracket Racing keeps the tracks going. Street Outlaws don't hurt either.

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing August 2nd 2014, 11:34 am

All the tracks around here that do any good have a little bit of all it going on. Ask any of the small tire guys , All you have to do is back the power down a little add a box. http://bham.craigslist.org/cto/4538265829.htmlYou have a instant bracket car. Last time I had mine out it went three back to back 5.62's on motor. With a complete nos tune To run a small tire car you have to have a base line and turn it up from there. Any body who grudge races or heads up races knows what you can run on a given tune. As you get close to the edge the things are more likely to happen. Just a lot more than a bunch of thugs doing stab and steer.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing August 2nd 2014, 11:41 am

Not sure how the Craig's list got in there?? Must have hit the wrong button on my traction control. Lol.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 August 2nd 2014, 11:53 am

Barney wrote:Its wanna be. The reason theres so many bracket racers is because if you have a pulse you can do it. My daughter hasnt even completed drivers ed and gets it done.
im no bracket racing fan but Im smart enough to know what keeps the track running. I'd love to see the heads up grudge crowd run every weekend.  Laughing  excuse me "wanna" be!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 August 2nd 2014, 11:55 am

dr's wife racing wrote:Not sure how the Craig's list  got in there?? Must have hit the wrong button on my traction control. Lol.
you been looking at pussy on c/l again?  Laughing 
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr August 2nd 2014, 12:03 pm

cool40 wrote:
 im no bracket racing fan but Im smart enough to know what keeps the track running. I'd love to see the heads up grudge crowd run every weekend.  Laughing  excuse me "wanna" be!

There is a grudge every weekend here alot more than you would think I think we could keep it open and bring a bigger crowd too. We even have one track around the b,ham area that said it's not worth opening the gates for the bracket guys. Crying or Very sad
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 August 2nd 2014, 12:13 pm

gmsmkr wrote:
cool40 wrote:

There is a grudge every weekend here alot more than you would think I think we could keep it open and bring a bigger crowd too. We even have one track around the b,ham area that said it's not worth opening the gates for the bracket guys. Crying or Very sad
thats great if it works out better. Out in the sticks it dont work that way.lol
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 2nd 2014, 12:21 pm

Bracket racing=glorified tnt. Boring as shit.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick August 2nd 2014, 12:22 pm

yellowhorse7 wrote:
gmsmkr wrote:Small tire or no tire  Very Happy cheers  why race round after round for 1000$ when you can get it done in one pass

Winna.....

Round robin my shit for what. Show up with the cash and get it done on one hit. More BBQ time

I don't go to the track for the BBQ. I actually enjoy running my car and one pass doesn't do it.

I do enjoy the heads up stuff, although grudge ain't my cup of tea. I don't knock another guy's type of racing...there's an ass for every seat, and it's all in point of view. Example: One Staurday at the track, I had a guy constantly coming to my pit, trying to goad me into a grudge race while I was qualifying for the electronics race. He got tired of me turning him down, and said, "I think you're just scared of going fast."
I said, "Well it sounds to me like you have no idea what your car's gonna do." He said, "Oh, yes I do." I said, "Well, good....write it on your window and meet me in the staging lanes." He declined.

It's all point of view...and it's all racing. For me, I like a lot of laps...like today, if the weather holds out, our sissy bracket race pays $5000 to win, with payouts down to quarterfinals.

maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr August 2nd 2014, 12:23 pm

cool40 wrote:
gmsmkr wrote:
cool40 wrote:

thats great if it works out better. Out in the sticks it dont work that way.lol

I understand now lol hell we can grudge in the mud too... Razz  just got to go out a little more.
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt August 2nd 2014, 2:13 pm

Barney wrote:Bracket racing=glorified tnt. Boring as shit.

Anything with an index is bracket racing.  It's either first to the finish line or bracket racing.

I'm guessing no one on here has the money to run a pro class.  (except Lem  Wink  )
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  YellowStangDuane August 2nd 2014, 2:19 pm

Funny $1000.00 for one pass? Where and how often??? And how much do you blow up, or break it? Some proof would be nice.... So easy a daughter can get it done? ....Come on down, pretty sure it won't happen here, unless she runs Trophy. Funny to see both sides here, grudging it and taking home some money is nice, and so is a controlled racing environment the bracket racers provide. I just like messing with people that don't (can't) understand bracket racing. I really love the chumps that index race (bracket racing!) and say the don't like bracket racing, index is just a simple way for the tower to not put dial ins on each car! And to say it's easy is an understatement... Take the World Foot Brake Challenge for example, if you weren't low teens or .00's on the tree and dead on, you went home in most cases, very tough racing. Several of our locals were there and did great each day, I didn't go, but watched plenty of it live. It makes me laugh that bracket racers don't always start the smack talk about who is better, but the grudge guys love starting it? If you don't like it, ignore it. The more cars racing (whatever class) the cheaper and more advance our parts will be. Remember when a 302 was twice what it was to build a 350? More Fords getting raced has really helped. No one particular class has done that.
YellowStangDuane
YellowStangDuane

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 August 2nd 2014, 2:21 pm

Barney wrote:Bracket racing=glorified tnt. Boring as shit.
I'd rather tnt than bracket race! We can't all be high rollers like you.  Razz 
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 2nd 2014, 2:42 pm

I cant get anyone to put any money up against the Grande or the brown car apound here lol. I have won a good bit of cash though on the bounty races the track puts up etc.

Its to each his own im havin more fun now with the grudge scene. And for the record ive round robined the cars each time ive had um out.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  YellowStangDuane August 2nd 2014, 2:52 pm

richter69 wrote:I cant get anyone to put any money up against the Grande or the brown car apound here lol. I have won a good bit of cash though on the bounty races the track puts up etc.

Its to each his own im havin more fun now with the grudge scene. And for the record ive round robined the cars each time ive had um out.

Make a drive south and I bet you can find some grudge around here, well, at least one race before they figure it out!
YellowStangDuane
YellowStangDuane

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 August 2nd 2014, 2:54 pm

richter69 wrote:

Its to each his own im havin more fun now with the grudge scene

I agree

Funny how a silly picture ruffles a bunch of feathers.
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr August 2nd 2014, 2:55 pm

YellowStangDuane wrote:Funny $1000.00 for one pass? Where and how often???  And how much do you blow up, or break it?  Some proof would be nice.... So easy a daughter can get it done? ....Come on down, pretty sure it won't happen here, unless she runs Trophy. Funny to see both sides here, grudging it and taking home some money is nice, and so is a controlled racing environment the bracket racers provide. I just like messing with people that don't (can't) understand bracket racing. I really love the chumps that index race (bracket racing!) and say the don't like bracket racing, index is just a simple way for the tower to not put dial ins on each car! And to say it's easy is an understatement... Take the World Foot Brake Challenge for example, if you weren't low teens or .00's on the tree and dead on, you went home in most cases, very tough racing. Several of our locals were there and did great each day, I didn't go, but watched plenty of it live. It makes me laugh that bracket racers don't always start the smack talk about who is better, but the grudge guys love starting it? If you don't like it, ignore it. The more cars racing (whatever class) the cheaper and more advance our parts will be. Remember when a 302 was twice what it was to build a 350? More Fords getting raced has really helped. No one particular class has done that.

I don't break much just blow em up!!!! I tried to load a video for you but seems a video longer than 15 sec won't load lmao.... I have bracket raced it's fun but I enjoy the grudge my self alot.
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 August 2nd 2014, 2:57 pm

YellowStangDuane wrote:Funny $1000.00 for one pass? Where and how often???

REALLY? In your area you should know better. You aren't going to the right places lol. And I sure as shit ain't talking about a silly TV show. There was a time that I wouldn't unstrap my shit for LESS than $1000.
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing August 2nd 2014, 3:03 pm

cool40 wrote:
dr's wife racing wrote:Not sure how the Craig's list  got in there?? Must have hit the wrong button on my traction control. Lol.
you been looking at pussy on c/l again?  Laughing 
Na, not my style. I'm treated pretty good at home. Lol.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next