BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C6 Roller bearing p/n

+2
J.Toney
HorsinAround
6 posters

Go down

C6 Roller bearing p/n Empty C6 Roller bearing p/n

Post  HorsinAround August 28th 2014, 8:45 am

What are the roller bearing part numbers needed to convert a C6 to full roller? Also, where is a good place to get C6 parts?
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

C6 Roller bearing p/n Empty Re: C6 Roller bearing p/n

Post  J.Toney August 28th 2014, 11:39 am

Theres a sticky with PN's on the other forum Frank put up years ago. Theres more than one way to do it, but his is fairly straightforward and it's pretty great he even gave that info out. Most custom builders will never share that sort of thing.
J.Toney
J.Toney

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield August 28th 2014, 12:06 pm

J.Toney wrote:Theres a sticky with PN's on the other forum Frank put up years ago. Theres more than one way to do it, but his is fairly straightforward and it's pretty great he even gave that info out. Most custom builders will never share that sort of thing.

X2
Frank is very help full on the phone as well .
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround August 28th 2014, 2:39 pm

Thanks, I found the sticky on the other forum with the p/n's. Question though. Is there a Timken or other brand cross for the GM 9436851 and the ford F81Z-7A166-AA?
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

Back to top Go down

Post  J.Toney August 28th 2014, 10:26 pm

The GM brg is a 350 pump brg. The Ford bearings are: forward planet to forward planet hub, and
Rear ring gear hub to low roller race. I can't remember which is which PN. I'll try to remember to look.
J.Toney
J.Toney

Back to top Go down

Post  samiam August 29th 2014, 1:53 am

HorsinAround wrote:What are the roller bearing part numbers needed to convert a C6 to full roller? Also, where is a good place to get C6 parts?

I have 4 seasons on my trans, C6.And wanting to have it reworked this winter, What are the benefits of going full roller ,,, I have a local shop that's always done the work for me, and never had a problem,,,, Truck Pulls
samiam
samiam

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust August 29th 2014, 8:31 am

HorsinAround wrote:Thanks, I found the sticky on the other forum with the p/n's. Question though. Is there a Timken or other brand cross for the GM 9436851 and the ford F81Z-7A166-AA?

No they are the numbers to use .

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust August 29th 2014, 8:42 am

samiam wrote:
HorsinAround wrote:What are the roller bearing part numbers needed to convert a C6 to full roller? Also, where is a good place to get C6 parts?

I have 4 seasons on my trans, C6.And wanting to have it reworked this winter,  What are the benefits  of going full roller ,,, I have  a local shop that's always done the work for me, and never had a problem,,,, Truck Pulls

Stock thrusts cop a hard time and often have burn marks . The rollers take that problem away , #9 is prob the worst although they all suffer

C6 Roller bearing p/n DSCN7012_zps23aa0c74

C6 Roller bearing p/n 037

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech August 30th 2014, 8:55 pm

I just had my C6 rollerized. They used 245mm GM torque converter bearings in mine. The tranny was a but of a trial and error deal but when they got it right they nailed it, it works great. I t cost me $50 for a 24 and I paid for the decals on the car - sponsorship deal. have one of Franks transbrake VB's in it and that thing is awesome. Fast, hard shifts and the brake releases like lightening. They want to inspect this winter with some runs on it to see if anything is wearing fast or odd.
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround August 31st 2014, 1:44 pm

Ok, Where can I find these bearings? I tried inputing those numbers in the autozone computer and struck out.
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

Back to top Go down

Post  J.Toney August 31st 2014, 1:54 pm

Any competent transmission supply house. Check local places out, you're bound to have a independent, Transtar, WIT, or even DAACO distributor somehwere. They may not use the OE PN's though. I just specify what bearing I need acccording the the exploded view of the trans in their catolog, have 'em send it to the shop. Most of thses places are retail walk-in freindly also. You just have to get your parts straight.

When I first bought these bearings, I got them straight from the dealer. Granted, it took a few days, but they were all good PN's and resonable prices. Maybe buy enough for backup or if you decide to do another down the road. Both of these a decent sources.
Or, buy cores and tear them down for the bearings! Rolling Eyes
J.Toney
J.Toney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down