The Audacity of Chevy Guys

Go down

The Audacity of Chevy Guys

Post  Dark Horse of Apocalypse on September 11th 2014, 8:31 pm

I normally enjoy Car Craft mag. But in a great article about small tire heads up 1/8 the mile drag racing in Georgia was a picture of a desecrated Fox body with an unknown CID BBC. The caption made my blood boil. "Only weenies would have problems with this combo."

I don't know about you but I would rather look a smoking pile of Bovine, Equine, or Canine feces than a BBC in a Ford. And unlike the caption that's no Bunny Stew( Whiskey Tango Foxtrot)!!!
avatar
Dark Horse of Apocalypse

Posts : 171
Join date : 2014-07-08
Location : North Central Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Audacity of Chevy Guys

Post  gmsmkr on September 11th 2014, 8:39 pm

The more you go to the tracks you will see that it really common around here and them dam* ls swaps are like a plague
avatar
gmsmkr

Posts : 1364
Join date : 2014-06-22
Location : alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Audacity of Chevy Guys

Post  dfree383 on September 11th 2014, 9:30 pm

I hate to say it..... But at least the are still racing. Let's face it......this shit is a dying sport and needs all the participants it can get.

avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14162
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Audacity of Chevy Guys

Post  68formalGT on September 11th 2014, 10:26 pm

dfree383 wrote:I hate to say it..... But at least the are still racing. Let's face it......this shit is a dying sport and needs all the participants it can get.



Cheap and easy with a junk yard 5.3, China turbos and a Ford Mustang. Makes me sick like going to a car show and seeing row after row of Model A's with small blocks in them but hey I guess it's their car.
avatar
68formalGT

Posts : 797
Join date : 2012-02-13
Location : Pueblo West, Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Audacity of Chevy Guys

Post  rmcomprandy on September 11th 2014, 10:44 pm

At the closest strip to here there is a regular local racer who has a cross-ram 440 Mopar engine in a 1968 Camaro.

I can't help but smile every time I see it.

rmcomprandy

Posts : 5142
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

View user profile http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Audacity of Chevy Guys

Post  paperman on September 12th 2014, 11:06 am

Got a dude here at work ( and a forum member) that rolls to work in a 57' Che*^ with BBF rolling it down the road every day. What a Face

paperman

Posts : 87
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 39
Location : MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Audacity of Chevy Guys

Post  Dark Horse of Apocalypse on September 12th 2014, 11:14 am

68formalGT wrote:
dfree383 wrote:I hate to say it..... But at least the are still racing. Let's face it......this shit is a dying sport and needs all the participants it can get.



Cheap and easy with a junk yard 5.3, China turbos and a Ford Mustang. Makes me sick like going to a car show and seeing row after row of Model A's with small blocks in them but hey I guess it's their car.

paperman wrote:Got a dude here at work ( and a forum member) that rolls to work in a 57' Che*^ with BBF rolling it down the road every day. What a Face

Dang it if I don't hate to see an LS or SBC in everything but a Chevy. Makes me wanna put a BBF in a 63 Vette.
avatar
Dark Horse of Apocalypse

Posts : 171
Join date : 2014-07-08
Location : North Central Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Audacity of Chevy Guys

Post  dr's wife racing on September 12th 2014, 11:16 am

I'm gonna take a beating for this but I guess I don't have too much of a issue with it in race cars.Most of the guys I run with have chevy pieces. You do see a lot of small block Fords in grudge cars. There is only 2 pieces in my engine that are are actual Ford pieces. Rest came from same places the chevy guys get theirs.i do hate to see the 40 fords ect. with a brand x in them.
avatar
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 1647
Join date : 2009-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Audacity of Chevy Guys

Post  69F100 on September 12th 2014, 11:19 am

I agree they are more fox bodies with the chevy in them than most realize most people don't even notice has a chevy engine unless they have the bowtie stuck all over it. So most all they see is a Mustang which is still a plus for Ford I started to but a 2001 S10 with a BBF before I found my Ranger. Laughing
avatar
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5148
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 51
Location : Irwinville Ga.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Audacity of Chevy Guys

Post  GT300TD on September 12th 2014, 12:03 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:At the closest strip to here there is a regular local racer who has a cross-ram 440 Mopar engine in a 1968 Camaro.

I can't help but smile every time I see it.


Smile Laughing cheers

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 629
Join date : 2009-12-11
Age : 70
Location : Lancaster, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Audacity of Chevy Guys

Post  GT300TD on September 12th 2014, 12:05 pm

Dark Horse of Apocalypse wrote:
68formalGT wrote:
dfree383 wrote:I hate to say it..... But at least the are still racing. Let's face it......this shit is a dying sport and needs all the participants it can get.



Cheap and easy with a junk yard 5.3, China turbos and a Ford Mustang. Makes me sick like going to a car show and seeing row after row of Model A's with small blocks in them but hey I guess it's their car.

paperman wrote:Got a dude here at work ( and a forum member) that rolls to work in a 57' Che*^ with BBF rolling it down the road every day. What a Face

Dang it if I don't hate to see an LS or SBC in everything but a Chevy. Makes me wanna put a BBF in a 63 Vette.

You don't want to stoop to their level do you Twisted Evil OR DO YOU Laughing

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 629
Join date : 2009-12-11
Age : 70
Location : Lancaster, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Audacity of Chevy Guys

Post  BigDave65 on September 12th 2014, 1:03 pm

There was a guy at Shuffletown Dragway probably 20 years ago, had an early 70' Corvette with 426 Hemi painted on the hood scoop. We went over to take a look at this odd combo. Looked under the hood and there was a small block Ford! Shocked Figured this was one mixed up dude! lol
avatar
BigDave65

Posts : 557
Join date : 2009-08-12
Age : 53
Location : Cliffside, NC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum