The Audacity of Chevy Guys

Go down

The Audacity of Chevy Guys

Post  Dark Horse of Apocalypse on September 11th 2014, 8:31 pm

I normally enjoy Car Craft mag. But in a great article about small tire heads up 1/8 the mile drag racing in Georgia was a picture of a desecrated Fox body with an unknown CID BBC. The caption made my blood boil. "Only weenies would have problems with this combo."

I don't know about you but I would rather look a smoking pile of Bovine, Equine, or Canine feces than a BBC in a Ford. And unlike the caption that's no Bunny Stew( Whiskey Tango Foxtrot)!!!
Dark Horse of Apocalypse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Audacity of Chevy Guys

Post  gmsmkr on September 11th 2014, 8:39 pm

The more you go to the tracks you will see that it really common around here and them dam* ls swaps are like a plague
gmsmkr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 on September 11th 2014, 9:30 pm

I hate to say it..... But at least the are still racing. Let's face it......this shit is a dying sport and needs all the participants it can get.

dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT on September 11th 2014, 10:26 pm

dfree383 wrote:I hate to say it..... But at least the are still racing. Let's face it......this shit is a dying sport and needs all the participants it can get.

Cheap and easy with a junk yard 5.3, China turbos and a Ford Mustang. Makes me sick like going to a car show and seeing row after row of Model A's with small blocks in them but hey I guess it's their car.
68formalGT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy on September 11th 2014, 10:44 pm

At the closest strip to here there is a regular local racer who has a cross-ram 440 Mopar engine in a 1968 Camaro.

I can't help but smile every time I see it.

rmcomprandy

View user profile http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  paperman on September 12th 2014, 11:06 am

Got a dude here at work ( and a forum member) that rolls to work in a 57' Che*^ with BBF rolling it down the road every day. What a Face

paperman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Horse of Apocalypse on September 12th 2014, 11:14 am

68formalGT wrote:
dfree383 wrote:I hate to say it..... But at least the are still racing. Let's face it......this shit is a dying sport and needs all the participants it can get.

Cheap and easy with a junk yard 5.3, China turbos and a Ford Mustang. Makes me sick like going to a car show and seeing row after row of Model A's with small blocks in them but hey I guess it's their car.

paperman wrote:Got a dude here at work ( and a forum member) that rolls to work in a 57' Che*^ with BBF rolling it down the road every day. What a Face

Dang it if I don't hate to see an LS or SBC in everything but a Chevy. Makes me wanna put a BBF in a 63 Vette.
Dark Horse of Apocalypse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing on September 12th 2014, 11:16 am

I'm gonna take a beating for this but I guess I don't have too much of a issue with it in race cars.Most of the guys I run with have chevy pieces. You do see a lot of small block Fords in grudge cars. There is only 2 pieces in my engine that are are actual Ford pieces. Rest came from same places the chevy guys get theirs.i do hate to see the 40 fords ect. with a brand x in them.
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 on September 12th 2014, 11:19 am

I agree they are more fox bodies with the chevy in them than most realize most people don't even notice has a chevy engine unless they have the bowtie stuck all over it. So most all they see is a Mustang which is still a plus for Ford I started to but a 2001 S10 with a BBF before I found my Ranger. Laughing
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD on September 12th 2014, 12:03 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:At the closest strip to here there is a regular local racer who has a cross-ram 440 Mopar engine in a 1968 Camaro.

I can't help but smile every time I see it.

Smile Laughing cheers

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD on September 12th 2014, 12:05 pm

Dark Horse of Apocalypse wrote:
68formalGT wrote:

paperman wrote:Got a dude here at work ( and a forum member) that rolls to work in a 57' Che*^ with BBF rolling it down the road every day. What a Face

Dang it if I don't hate to see an LS or SBC in everything but a Chevy. Makes me wanna put a BBF in a 63 Vette.

You don't want to stoop to their level do you Twisted Evil OR DO YOU Laughing

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDave65 on September 12th 2014, 1:03 pm

There was a guy at Shuffletown Dragway probably 20 years ago, had an early 70' Corvette with 426 Hemi painted on the hood scoop. We went over to take a look at this odd combo. Looked under the hood and there was a small block Ford! Shocked Figured this was one mixed up dude! lol
BigDave65

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum