need some FORD ammo, please

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  kim on September 17th 2014, 1:20 pm

tell em ford drivers don't need to go to a boat motor manufacture for a better product.

Mercury Marine did the engine for the first ZR1 in con junction with Yamaha (did the heads)... Chevy couldn't build the engine themselves, had to have a motorcycle and boat company come up with it.


kim

Posts : 700
Join date : 2009-06-27
Location : Tucson AZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  richter69 on September 17th 2014, 1:26 pm

schmitty wrote:I've got 1272hp and my engine says Ford everywhere you can see.  Block, heads, intake.  Ask if they can come close.

this will be awesome w two kits stacked on top of it............

....... stay tunned
avatar
richter69

Posts : 13645
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 47
Location : In the winners circle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  whitefield on September 17th 2014, 1:35 pm

the Coug wrote:
69bluehotrod wrote:
GT300TD wrote:
the Coug wrote:If you can't keep out of that conversation then I would go to Paul Kanes sight and read the BBF to BBC difference....

Been to Paul's site and printed out the info, now if I can just find it.

You know,... if you bring cold hard facts to this suspected conversation... your probably going to get the same results that happen on capitol hill...  affraid

collective heads will explode.... jus sayin!





the only Problem I see is that the Chevy guys won't believe anything you say truth or not. I had a guy at Oreillys the other day splane to me he has a 1000 hp 350 small block Chevy and street driven..... Shocked  and got offended when I told him he couldn't get a 1000 hp out of it if he drove it off a 1000 ft cliff.......but he explained to me it had a 4 bolt block, Edelbrock heads a Edelbrock intake a Edelbrock carb and Hyperutectic pistons with all the upgrades like roller rockers and head studs and a hydraulic roller he was very confident he was every bit of 1000hp just by adding up all the hp the add ons gave him.....I told him here's your sign



small block chevy guy says
Dist in the back straight pipe painted orange mushroom cam fuellie heads and it is fast ! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
avatar
whitefield

Posts : 2215
Join date : 2009-08-23
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  plowboy34 on September 17th 2014, 1:41 pm

Just get you a T shirt made that say's, FORD built without your tax dollars and on the back GMC....Government Motor Compay..... Shocked

plowboy34

Posts : 220
Join date : 2010-03-13
Location : SE Missouri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  GT300TD on September 17th 2014, 1:52 pm

kim wrote:tell em ford drivers don't need to go to a boat motor manufacture for a better product.

Mercury Marine did the engine for the first ZR1 in con junction with Yamaha (did the heads)...  Chevy couldn't build the engine themselves, had to have a motorcycle and boat company come up with it.


OMGoodness...that IS priceless  Shocked  cheers  Gonna have a brewski on that one  drunken .
edit: shucks my wife and I ride Yamahas, I didn't think they would stoop so low. Well at least cheby didn't go to china like they usually do Smile


Last edited by GT300TD on September 17th 2014, 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 629
Join date : 2009-12-11
Age : 70
Location : Lancaster, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  GT300TD on September 17th 2014, 1:54 pm

plowboy34 wrote:Just get you a T shirt made that say's, FORD built without your tax dollars and on the back GMC....Government Motor Compay..... Shocked

I do remind them of the 'facts' if it gets too heated Twisted Evil

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 629
Join date : 2009-12-11
Age : 70
Location : Lancaster, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  bbf-falcon on September 17th 2014, 1:56 pm

Terry,if Gary Varney is there,you better hangout w/him,because hangin around w/all those Bowtie kids will make you lose iq points quickly. Besides,if Gary's there,he will send them too the trailer early w/the Tbird. Have a good time,and have fun. Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Posts : 8992
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Jackson, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  blown86hallet on September 17th 2014, 1:57 pm

If the Chevy Small-block is so much better than the Ford small-block.

Why did Chevy relocate the dizzy from the rear to the front? Why did they use a 351 W dizzy?
Why did Chevy go to equal bore spacing on the intake runners and exhaust ports?

I know its a Nascar engine, but still!!!
avatar
blown86hallet

Posts : 1008
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 106
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  GT300TD on September 17th 2014, 2:02 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:Terry,if Gary Varney is there,you better hangout w/him,because hangin around w/all those Bowtie kids will make you lose iq points quickly. Besides,if Gary's there,he will send them too the trailer early w/the Tbird. Have a good time,and have fun. Very Happy

Glad you joined in the conversation Rick. I would sure like to meet Gary Varney. Have noticed him, in the background, on 'Cheby Street Outlaws' Evil or Very Mad .

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 629
Join date : 2009-12-11
Age : 70
Location : Lancaster, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  GT300TD on September 17th 2014, 2:03 pm

blown86hallet wrote:If the Chevy Small-block is so much better than the Ford small-block.

Why did Chevy relocate the dizzy from the rear to the front?  Why did they use a 351 W dizzy?
Why did Chevy go to equal bore spacing on the intake runners and exhaust ports?

I know its a Nascar engine, but still!!!

Now I have some small block ammo Smile

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 629
Join date : 2009-12-11
Age : 70
Location : Lancaster, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  514F-1 on September 17th 2014, 6:50 pm

I run into a few chevy guys like this, I just let them talk. However all of my Chevy friends pretty much respect Fords. Oh and BTW I have a 514 crate motor with nothing more than a slightly bigger cam, and i've been 6.25 (1/Cool @ 2850 pounds.. Not fast compared to some, but not bad for 9.8:1 compression Smile
avatar
514F-1

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-08-06
Age : 29
Location : Plant City FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  maverick on September 17th 2014, 9:39 pm

Grandad told me that I should never argue with an idiot because bystanders won't know which one is the idiot. Rolling Eyes
avatar
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3052
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  rmcomprandy on September 17th 2014, 9:58 pm

maverick wrote:Grandad told me that I should never argue with an idiot because bystanders won't know which one is the idiot. Rolling Eyes

Also, "When engaging in a war of wits, it is best not to show up unarmed".

"Facts, ma'am, just the facts".

rmcomprandy

Posts : 5127
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

View user profile http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  nitrous.f on September 17th 2014, 10:50 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:My old fox body went 5.40's on a stock susp. true 10 inch tire. at a tic over 3000 lbs.  It was a stock block 533 ci with a first gen cj head done by Blake.That was in the 175 deg heat at US 43 when the bash was there. Lots of guys on here saw it.

was that on nos? if so how much? Very Happy
avatar
nitrous.f

Posts : 272
Join date : 2011-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  maverick on September 17th 2014, 10:57 pm

Don't argue, just ask questions.  Like.......

Ask you bowtie buddies if they know why GM starters required shimming for correct installation.

2 reasons:  1. They bolted the starter to the engine block.
                2. Since they couldn't put a crankshaft in the same place in two blocks in a row, the starter had to be moved around to
                    accomodate their shitty machining process.

Ford, on the other hand, installed the starter in the bellhousing (which was always indexed to the crankshaft anyway) eliminating any potetial misalignment.  Seems like such a simple thing, but to some.......

Oh yeah....Ask them how many of them have pulled the head bolt threads out of the deck on a Chevy block.  If they're honest, there will be a few red faces.Embarassed   You know...that wimpy deck with the head bolts screwed into a water jacket..... Rolling Eyes

Oh and BTW...You may want to skip that Yamaha topic, or you may find yourself trying to defend the early Taurus SHO...just sayin'....
avatar
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3052
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  69F100 on September 18th 2014, 1:35 am

My junk yard 460 that was in my ranger at 3265# ran the best of 6.72 at 99.80mph in the 1/8. With stock crank and rods with cheap speed pro flat top with home ported dove-c  heads and one of Randy M. custom cams he designed for it with ford motorsport G429 intake the same as a victor with a 1050 dom. Now it has a 552 with the old ford SVO A429 heads and victor intake with the same 1050 dom off the 460, 2 bolt block factory D9, has ran a 6.19 in the 1/8 and 9.79 in the 1/4 at 3140#. The 460 I turned it 6500 rpm max the 552 turning to 7000 and shifting at 6800.
avatar
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5134
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 51
Location : Irwinville Ga.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  gmsmkr on September 18th 2014, 7:57 am

My junk yard build was a d1ve block with efi pistons and pi heads comp ots cam went a "best" of 6.24 with 125 shot in a 2000 mustang and SMALL TIRE stock suspension. All factory ford parts bounce
avatar
gmsmkr

Posts : 1364
Join date : 2014-06-22
Location : alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  GT300TD on September 18th 2014, 8:17 am

rmcomprandy wrote:
maverick wrote:Grandad told me that I should never argue with an idiot because bystanders won't know which one is the idiot. Rolling Eyes

Also, "When engaging in a war of wits, it is best not to show up unarmed".

"Facts, ma'am, just the facts".

You hit the nail on the head, Randy. That's why I what to get the facts straight from the guys that know them Smile . I don't like to argue, but just in case I'm 'fired upon' I want to have enough 'ammo' to defend myself lol! .

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 629
Join date : 2009-12-11
Age : 70
Location : Lancaster, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  GT300TD on September 18th 2014, 8:41 am

maverick,
My buddy Bill helped me put my bottom end ONLY together, the crank, rods and pistons (I already had the rings on the pistons). I did the rest later on. He hadn't seen a 385 BBF torn about. He looked at it and all he said was DAYUM. Then I showed him the head bolts and he remarked "no wonder the Fords stay together". I've known Bill since 1970 and he has always respected and even likes Fords. He grew up down the street from Ronny Dolen who used to race 427 Fords and drove a '64 427 dual quad Galaxie. He learned about how Fords could run from Ronny Cool .

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 629
Join date : 2009-12-11
Age : 70
Location : Lancaster, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  dr's wife racing on September 18th 2014, 9:55 am

nitrous.f wrote:
dr's wife racing wrote:My old fox body went 5.40's on a stock susp. true 10 inch tire. at a tic over 3000 lbs.  It was a stock block 533 ci with a first gen cj head done by Blake.That was in the 175 deg heat at US 43 when the bash was there. Lots of guys on here saw it.

was that on nos? if so how much? Very Happy
yes that was on spray. It was a cross hair nos plate set up with two noids. Ie. single stage with a digiset timer. Don't rember exact set up but jets were prob. Low 70's. Total. Like 36's on all sides. Usually ran close to square.
avatar
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 1644
Join date : 2009-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  bbf-falcon on September 18th 2014, 11:57 am

GT300TD wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:Terry,if Gary Varney is there,you better hangout w/him,because hangin around w/all those Bowtie kids will make you lose iq points quickly. Besides,if Gary's there,he will send them too the trailer early w/the Tbird. Have a good time,and have fun. Very Happy

Glad you joined in the conversation Rick. I would sure like to meet Gary Varney. Have noticed him, in the background, on 'Cheby Street Outlaws'  Evil or Very Mad .
wrong guy Terry,Gary is from Columbus area.

bbf-falcon

Posts : 8992
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Jackson, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  dfree383 on September 18th 2014, 1:42 pm

Chevys are soooooo cheap because the junkyards are full of them.
avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14151
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  kim on September 18th 2014, 2:24 pm

What you do is wait until there is a lull in engine noise.  Then dramatically get everyone to shut up..   shhhhhhh etc.   Pause for a moment.   Listen carefully....   Then exclaim.  Yup in the heat, cold, whatever
... of the afternoon or night....  you can still hear a chevy rust.

kim

Posts : 700
Join date : 2009-06-27
Location : Tucson AZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  FalconEh on September 18th 2014, 3:04 pm

http://www.enginediapers.com/ You will notice from the photo who their target market is !
avatar
FalconEh

Posts : 1425
Join date : 2014-08-21
Location : on the blacktop or in the mountains ????

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  GT300TD on September 18th 2014, 3:55 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:
GT300TD wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:Terry,if Gary Varney is there,you better hangout w/him,because hangin around w/all those Bowtie kids will make you lose iq points quickly. Besides,if Gary's there,he will send them too the trailer early w/the Tbird. Have a good time,and have fun. Very Happy

Glad you joined in the conversation Rick. I would sure like to meet Gary Varney. Have noticed him, in the background, on 'Cheby Street Outlaws'  Evil or Very Mad .
wrong guy Terry,Gary is from Columbus area.

Describe him and tell me about his T-Bird, maybe I can find him.

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 629
Join date : 2009-12-11
Age : 70
Location : Lancaster, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum