BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

429 issues !!

+17
QtrWarrior
res0rli9
richter69
460bronco
FalconEh
69bluehotrod
the Coug
IDT-572
glenevans
cool40
BOSS 429
DILLIGASDAVE
rmcomprandy
gt350hr
dfree383
514Fox87
linearfab
21 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

429  issues !!  - Page 8 Empty Re: 429 issues !!

Post  linearfab October 9th 2014, 12:30 am

460bronco wrote:Sounds like it's running great! cheers  Spray the house down!

I had a real nice 2 stage NX plate set up for It but I sold it . should hung on to it .

linearfab

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra October 9th 2014, 7:49 am

linearfab wrote:
nuclearcobra wrote:Well then might as well have a blast with it while the tracks still open and maybe over the winter look into it cause its got more in it than that , and like already said put a stroker in that block and hang on , my cobra 2 in my avatar runs 10.81 at 121 mph with a 1.37 60' on a 125 shot of nitrous with a bone stock 5.0 from a 86 Lincoln Lsc I got from the junk yard , it even smokes slightly , I never found out how many miles were on it , anyway I put those jegs/kaase canted valve aluminum heads on it a small comp 292 magnum flat hyd cam 244@.050 and 534 lift , a 650 dp carb , victor jr intake , nothing ported , carb outta the box , it is lighter at 3025 with me in it but still 10.81 , that's why I say you got more in that thing, its worth tearing it down and looking , Call Lem at BF Evans Ford and he'll get ya the right gasket kit this winter. These guys on here have been more than happy to help and steer ya in the right direction like they have for a whole bunch of us in here. Forget low 11's and maybe high 10's you'll be way faster than that Very Happy

went from 70 jet to a 74 jet  in the primaries  . went  11.33  117 . picked  up  over a tenth  and  1 mph  in just a jet change .   34 degrees  timing  ..  leaving at 1800rpm    1.61  60'  .  im happy with that  for now  .  I had the cam ground  with the intention of running   200hp   worth of  n02    that's also the reason we  have the 3.89s and  he  tighter converter  ... I think on a  200 itll wake  up   real nice  . .  ill  try n  degree  the cam  this  weekend   if it checks  out ok  im gunna spray it .  also  gotta remember  this is  in  an old 57 fairlane 500  full interior  car  . damn  near  3800 lbs  like I said going through the traps  1000 rpm lower than  my shift point

Last edited by nuclearcobra on October 9th 2014, 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong spot)
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra October 9th 2014, 8:35 am

I mean really man what the hell are you coming on here whining about your crappy running combo so you say and asking for some opinions and help and have all these guys scratching there heads trying to figure this out for you and you've been mostly negative and argumentative about the answers and act like their picking your combo apart for the hell of it when we were all just trying to figure out what could be wrong as to help you go faster , heck you were even upset with comp and bullet for grinding you the wrong cams , and now finally all of a sudden you remember to tell everybody its a Nos cam and that's why we wanted that converter and rear gear, Like I already said REALLY , I mean go waist somebody else's time next time around, if you would've said all this in the first place instead of 12 pages later , I'm sure your answers would've been its fine put the bottle on it and go.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 October 9th 2014, 9:01 am

nuclearcobra wrote:I mean really man what the hell are you coming on here whining about your crappy running combo so you say and asking for some opinions and help and have all these guys scratching there heads trying to figure this out for you and you've been mostly negative and argumentative about the answers and act like their picking your combo apart for the hell of it when we were all just trying to figure out what could be wrong as to help you go faster , heck you were even upset with comp and bullet for grinding you the wrong cams , and now finally all of a sudden you remember to tell everybody its a Nos cam and that's why we wanted that converter and rear gear, Like I already said REALLY , I mean go waist somebody else's time next time around, if you would've said all this in the first place instead of 12 pages later , I'm sure your answers would've been its fine put the bottle on it and go.  

Twisted Evil
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  linearfab October 9th 2014, 9:20 am

Its cool man. . Ill take my "mysteryMotor"  And my negative attitude else where .

linearfab

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7