BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oiling modifications, block?, and max overbore D9TE

3 posters

Go down

Oiling modifications, block?, and max overbore D9TE Empty Oiling modifications, block?, and max overbore D9TE

Post  FalconEh October 14th 2014, 8:33 pm

1.) Are there any useful oiling modifications that utilize the bung with the 2-blugged ports on a D9TE block...or?
2.) D9TE block what are your experiences...Max HP and modifications recommended for stroker low to mid 5**cu/in
3.) D9TE Max safe overbore... (.080)
scratch
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Oiling modifications, block?, and max overbore D9TE Empty Re: Oiling modifications, block?, and max overbore D9TE

Post  jeffgfg October 15th 2014, 9:53 am

1) No oiling mods using that, but there are some oiling mods that can be done to help. Check Paul Kane's website for complete list of mods.
2) This will depend on what it will be used for, tune, etc. BUT with a good tune I would say 700 hp would be safe.
3) Most any block will go .060, when going more a sonic check would be the smart thing to do. There are some late model blocks that can go to 4.5 bore, but they have to be checked first. Hope this helps.

jeffgfg

Back to top Go down

Oiling modifications, block?, and max overbore D9TE Empty Re: Oiling modifications, block?, and max overbore D9TE

Post  HorsinAround October 15th 2014, 3:38 pm

FalconEh wrote:1.) Are there any useful oiling modifications that utilize the bung with the 2-blugged ports on a D9TE block...or?
2.) D9TE block what are your experiences...Max HP and modifications recommended for stroker low to mid 5**cu/in
3.) D9TE Max safe overbore... (.080)
scratch

I ran a D9 block for several years making over 800hp and buzzing 8300-9000rpm, 468ci. I sold it 3 years ago, and it has been ran every year since.
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh October 15th 2014, 9:28 pm

I have a .030 and a .060 over D9 I am considering for this. The 700 mark is a little low, especially juiced up looking for 800+NA & 250+ Nos on a good night, 4.3" crank is the mininum buy in 4.5" possible. I don't mind switching the block when I am done so I do want to Max the bore safely(not toss the internals/heads)...it will be checked. A stud girdle will also be added recommendations? internals will all be forged (basic aftermarket), the combination is not established, I may need to go in a different direction on the block, but I would like to know the shortfalls of the D9 before I take it to machining. As for the oiling I believe it is fed from the right and there are galleries for redirection of the oil, I do not mind overkill in this department, any bearing or lifter failures with this block, and on what sides and which cylinder did they occur?
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down