BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charlie Westcott giving it a go with a ford Pro Stocker

+15
DILLIGASDAVE
res0rli9
68formalGT
wayney
dr's wife racing
BigBlockRanger
Moodyblues
BOSS 429
bigblok2000ranger
514F-1
72mav
rmcomprandy
bbf-falcon
dfree383
steven gregoire
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Charlie Westcott giving it a go with a ford Pro Stocker - Page 2 Empty Re: Charlie Westcott giving it a go with a ford Pro Stocker

Post  Moodyblues September 15th 2015, 12:56 pm

Charlie has put a pic of the motor in the car on facebook.
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Charlie Westcott giving it a go with a ford Pro Stocker - Page 2 Empty Re: Charlie Westcott giving it a go with a ford Pro Stocker

Post  68formalGT September 15th 2015, 1:20 pm

Moodyblues wrote:Charlie has put a pic of the motor in the car on facebook.

Link? I don't have facebook.
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues September 15th 2015, 4:06 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204913544057704&set=a.1454809569576.2062413.1213414802&type=1
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 September 16th 2015, 2:09 am

Moodyblues wrote:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204913544057704&set=a.1454809569576.2062413.1213414802&type=1

No workie

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE September 16th 2015, 3:09 am

rmcomprandy wrote:
dfree383 wrote:

It's about time for some change in that class . It's gotten so far away from it roots. Need something fresh and new.

Going back to STOCK body shapes, windshield angles and widths would be a good start.
bigblok2000ranger wrote:A body in white class where the only thing they can modify is the wheel opening for larger tires and the front fascia, and make them run production blocks and cylinder heads would be a great show imo. The class would probably slow down significantly for awhile but I would bet the factories would be more inclined to be involved with cars the general public can relate to.

Go back to the win on Sunday sell on Monday mentalities.

All just my opinion.

Aren't you guys pretty much describing making a "new" P/S class that in effect would be waaaay too similar to the preexisting NHRA Stock/Super Stock classes? I would worry doing that would probably hurt rather than help ratings in the end since it's already hard enough to get most fans to stay in the stands to watch the S/SS stuff?
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues September 16th 2015, 2:42 pm

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:
dfree383 wrote:

It's about time for some change in that class . It's gotten so far away from it roots. Need something fresh and new.

Going back to STOCK body shapes, windshield angles and widths would be a good start.
bigblok2000ranger wrote:A body in white class where the only thing they can modify is the wheel opening for larger tires and the front fascia, and make them run production blocks and cylinder heads would be a great show imo. The class would probably slow down significantly for awhile but I would bet the factories would be more inclined to be involved with cars the general public can relate to.

Go back to the win on Sunday sell on Monday mentalities.

All just my opinion.

Aren't you guys pretty much describing making a "new" P/S class that in effect would be waaaay too similar to the preexisting NHRA Stock/Super Stock classes? I would worry doing that would probably hurt rather than help ratings in the end since it's already hard enough to get most fans to stay in the stands to watch the S/SS stuff?

I agree. The rules changes are just making it a heads-up super stock class. Pro Stock is the closest racing of any out there. It pisses me off that Ford is not involved but its not the NHRAs fault Ford will not spend the $$$.
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT September 16th 2015, 3:04 pm

Moodyblues wrote:It pisses me off that Ford is not involved but its not the NHRAs fault Ford will not spend the $$$.  

Ford didn't change the rules that limit their ability to remain competitive. It's just my opinion but Ford did get out as soon as the bore spacing rule was set to 4.84".
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues September 16th 2015, 3:58 pm

68formalGT wrote:
Moodyblues wrote:It pisses me off that Ford is not involved but its not the NHRAs fault Ford will not spend the $$$.  

Ford didn't change the rules that limit their ability to remain competitive. It's just my opinion but Ford did get out as soon as the bore spacing rule was set to 4.84".

I believe there is a lot more R&D work that has been completed on the Cleveland headed GM motors for sure. The DRC3 was build off the Cleveland head.
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh September 16th 2015, 9:08 pm

I wish him all the best, and commend his willingness to take on the challenge, but if the Factory doesn't want to back the big guns than maybe the big guns should run everybody else's contingency decals leaving off the Factory namesake and replace the "FORD" with "your logo here" on the grill, valve covers etc. Take the "Mustang" lettering off and replace it with "WESTCOTT" . Don't get me wrong I have the blue oval running through my veins, but the Factory should be getting behind the hardcore racers, as they should be tired of all the bowties on the grill's of the fox bodies. JMO
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 16th 2015, 9:31 pm

FalconEh wrote:I wish him all the best, and commend his willingness to take on the challenge, but if the Factory doesn't want to back the big guns than maybe the big guns should run everybody else's contingency decals leaving off the Factory namesake and replace the "FORD" with "your logo here" on the grill, valve covers etc. Take the "Mustang" lettering off and replace it with "WESTCOTT" . Don't get me wrong I have the blue oval running through my veins, but the Factory should be getting behind the hardcore racers, as they should be tired of all the bowties on the grill's of the fox bodies. JMO

They did help with the block and heads......
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh September 16th 2015, 9:47 pm

dfree383 wrote:
FalconEh wrote:I wish him all the best, and commend his willingness to take on the challenge, but if the Factory doesn't want to back the big guns than maybe the big guns should run everybody else's contingency decals leaving off the Factory namesake and replace the "FORD" with "your logo here" on the grill, valve covers etc. Take the "Mustang" lettering off and replace it with "WESTCOTT" . Don't get me wrong I have the blue oval running through my veins, but the Factory should be getting behind the hardcore racers, as they should be tired of all the bowties on the grill's of the fox bodies. JMO

They did help with the block and heads......

Correct...my bad, valve covers are spoken for.
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  Hardy September 16th 2015, 11:50 pm

68formalGT wrote:

Pro Stock bore spacing is 4.9". No excuse for Ford there, although I always had a problem with the other manufacturers being allowed to run wider bore centers than the ever produced for production vehicles

Hardy

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues September 17th 2015, 12:50 pm

Hardy wrote:
68formalGT wrote:

Pro Stock bore spacing is 4.9".  No excuse for Ford there, although I always had a problem with the other manufacturers being allowed to run wider bore centers than the ever produced for production vehicles

Agreed, I think its the panny waist in charge of the competition division
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 17th 2015, 1:12 pm

My opinion IS that Charlie W. doesn't care what name is on it,he just wants too prove that a Ford ProStocker can win in this class. He did the same thing w/Factory Hemi,he was a Chevy racer until he took the challenge that he could be the fastest factory hemi racer in the land.And he proved that. Good luck to him.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  rmk57 September 17th 2015, 8:32 pm

in this day and age I wouldn't think Ford would want to have anything to do with pushrods engines, then alone 500 ci ones. That's probably why there's no interest. No real money to be made, just bragging rights.

Their cobra- jet program is full steam ahead and imore relevant to what their selling on Monday anyway.

rmk57

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues September 18th 2015, 11:27 am

rmk57 wrote:in this day and age I wouldn't think Ford would want to have anything to do with pushrods engines, then alone 500 ci ones. That's probably why there's no interest. No real money to be made, just bragging rights.

Their cobra- jet program is full steam ahead and imore relevant to what their selling on Monday anyway.

That dont make me happy though, guess Im just old school. I love pro stock and I guess the days of Bob Glidden or anybody else being relevant is far gone. The Cobra Jet program is ok but I dont get too excited about that.

Ive quit watching NHRA anyway so I guess this codger will stay with the local level racing. Wink
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT September 18th 2015, 11:43 am

I feel the same as most of you, I'd love to see Ford put something out there for pro stock. Watching TF and TFFC is cool but seeing cars that look like a car that can be bought off the lot is what I liked most about the days when Bob Glidden was racing, even if his car was a copy of a front wheel drive car.
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 September 18th 2015, 12:21 pm

Moodyblues wrote:
rmk57 wrote:in this day and age I wouldn't think Ford would want to have anything to do with pushrods engines, then alone 500 ci ones. That's probably why there's no interest. No real money to be made, just bragging rights.

That dont make me happy though, guess Im just old school.  I love pro stock and I guess the days of Bob Glidden or anybody else being relevant is far gone.   The Cobra Jet program is ok but I dont get too excited about that.    

Ive quit watching NHRA anyway so I guess this codger will stay with the local level racing.  Wink
About the same here, except not the new ProStock and I still like bragging on Bob Glidden. I still have the 1986 Ford SVO catalog/magazine with his car on the cover, and still like to look at the old parts and builds in it sometimes.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE September 19th 2015, 5:10 am

My favorite Glidden car is still the EXP, that big ass Hemi stuffed in that tiny little car. Cool Twisted Evil
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT September 19th 2015, 9:14 am

http://image.hotrod.com/f/114234896+w660+h495+cr1/011-bob-glidden-exp.jpg
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2