BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's a good shipping company to ship block that does thier own customs

+2
dfree383
rocketpony
6 posters

Go down

Who's a good shipping company to ship block that does thier own customs Empty Who's a good shipping company to ship block that does thier own customs

Post  rocketpony November 20th 2014, 12:16 pm

I'm looking to have a block shipped from the U.S. To Canada , I'm looking for a company that does their own customs and duty so that I don't have to go get independent brokerage company besides the shipping company.
Thanks

rocketpony

Back to top Go down

Who's a good shipping company to ship block that does thier own customs Empty Re: Who's a good shipping company to ship block that does thier own customs

Post  dfree383 November 20th 2014, 12:26 pm

are you Canadian or American?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Who's a good shipping company to ship block that does thier own customs Empty Re: Who's a good shipping company to ship block that does thier own customs

Post  FalconEh November 20th 2014, 1:55 pm

You might want to reconsider the broker idea, you can get companies like USPS who will broker the product for you, but they will use their own broker and charge 2x or 3x more than the cost of hiring your own, plus they will charge you a premium for the shipping. If you hire your own broker you can use just about any shipper and benefit from the competitive rates. I believe Byers, and Reimer will also do it for you, but again the broker will work to save you the most time and money if they are dealing directly with you.
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  rocketpony November 20th 2014, 3:42 pm

I'm in canada
Thanks for replies

rocketpony

Back to top Go down

Who's a good shipping company to ship block that does thier own customs Empty Shipping to Canada

Post  Mark Laczo November 20th 2014, 3:55 pm

Where in Canada are you ? I am out in Alberta. I use the cheapest ground in the USA (depending on item size) to a border storage service. I have done a couple blocks that way, one all the way from Florida. Then go get it myself and do my own brokerage. Maybe this is not an option for you.

Mark
Mark Laczo
Mark Laczo

Back to top Go down

Post  rocketpony November 20th 2014, 4:48 pm

Mark Laczo wrote:Where in Canada are you ? I am out in Alberta. I use the cheapest ground in the USA (depending on item size) to a border storage service. I have done a couple blocks that way, one all the way from Florida. Then go get it myself and do my own brokerage. Maybe this is not an option for you.

Mark

I'm in newfoundland so that's not an option for me

rocketpony

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 20th 2014, 6:00 pm

"GOOD" entails a lot of differing opinions.
EASY will expensive...
INEXPENSIVE will require some work by you...

I would visit a marina and talk with them to use their broker.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  t120r November 20th 2014, 6:06 pm

A fellow Newfie huh?Smile You might want to look into Oceanex. If I'm not mistaken the go from Florida straight into St. John's and you can do brokerage there yourself.

Are you looking for an aftermarket block? There are lots of used 429/460s on the island.

t120r

Back to top Go down

Post  rocketpony November 20th 2014, 11:04 pm

I will look into oceanex, I never thought of them, they do have a port in st.johns.

There are lots of factory 460's here but no aftermarket ones

rocketpony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down