BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EFI Engine Management system for Fox Body ?

3 posters

Go down

EFI Engine Management system for Fox Body ? Empty EFI Engine Management system for Fox Body ?

Post  sg86coupe December 5th 2014, 9:17 pm

Has anyone used an after market system, if so which one an how do you like it?

sg86coupe

Back to top Go down

EFI Engine Management system for Fox Body ? Empty Re: EFI Engine Management system for Fox Body ?

Post  Mustang-junky December 5th 2014, 10:26 pm

I have a Megasquirt II on my turbocharged small block mustang, it's a '79. Probably the cheapest option out there. It works good for me, software is pretty user friendly, and it has some self tuning features too. I am gong to do another one for my big block car this spring.

Jess
Mustang-junky
Mustang-junky

Back to top Go down

EFI Engine Management system for Fox Body ? Empty Re: EFI Engine Management system for Fox Body ?

Post  sg86coupe December 6th 2014, 10:39 am

Is this a piggy back unit or does it replace the factory wiring harness?

sg86coupe

Back to top Go down

Post  SandHillsHillbilly December 6th 2014, 7:52 pm

The guys over at DIYAutoTune offer the Megasquirt2PNP which plugs into the factory harness for 86-93 and 94-95. They are working on a MSPNPPro for 86-95 which is based on the highly adaptive MS3Pro.
http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/megasquirtpnp-c-40.html?osCsid=90a4b1c7aeb490c7bfcd5f68125238ec

Do you plan on using the factory harness or do you need an aftermarket harness?
SandHillsHillbilly
SandHillsHillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Mustang-junky December 6th 2014, 9:20 pm

sg86coupe wrote:Is this a piggy back unit or does it replace the factory wiring harness?

Mine is a stand alone deal with its own wiring. But you get them so that they will just plug unto your factory computer connection and add a vacuum line for the MAP sensor. You can 'squirt' just about any motor.

Jess
Mustang-junky
Mustang-junky

Back to top Go down

Post  sg86coupe December 6th 2014, 11:38 pm

I'm thinking I need a system with it's own wiring harness. My 92 has issues that I have not been able to figure out, so I'm thinking my wiring has problems

sg86coupe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down