BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building a street driven motor. need Idea's

3 posters

Go down

Building a street driven motor. need Idea's Empty Building a street driven motor. need Idea's

Post  racinghabbit December 7th 2014, 11:37 pm

I'm building motor for my 1985 f150 that i is street driven.
501 c.i.d, offset ground crankshaft to 4.14 stroke. 4.390 bore(srp 154166 pistons -28cc dish, eagle 3d hbeam rods6.700, balanced.
Top end is a set of DOVE heads Max Effort 2.200 intake 1.76 exh valves. 72cc chamber heads. crower roller rockers.,

Here is my question I have NO CAM yet.... What cam would be good for this engine to be streetable. I want to be able to win a race from a street light and also be able to let my wife drive this truck..

What size cab and intake also would you guys run.?
racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

Building a street driven motor. need Idea's Empty Re: Building a street driven motor. need Idea's

Post  dfree383 December 7th 2014, 11:49 pm

If you have the budget a hydraulic roller street grind would work great.

If you looking at staying on the cheap a hydraulic or smaller mechanical flat tappet is hard to beat.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Building a street driven motor. need Idea's Empty Re: Building a street driven motor. need Idea's

Post  DanH December 8th 2014, 10:07 am

racinghabbit wrote:I'm building motor for my 1985 f150 that i is street driven.  
501 c.i.d, offset ground crankshaft to 4.14 stroke. 4.390 bore(srp 154166 pistons -28cc dish, eagle 3d hbeam rods6.700, balanced.  
Top end is a set of DOVE heads Max Effort 2.200 intake 1.76 exh valves. 72cc chamber heads. crower roller rockers.,

Here is my question I have NO CAM yet.... What cam would be good for this engine to be streetable.  I want to be able to win a race from a street light and also be able to let my wife drive this truck..

What size cab and intake also would you guys run.?

Win a race from the street light! Thats easy, omly race max loaded 18 wheelers

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down