Racepak Info

Go down

Racepak Info

Post  FalconEh on December 19th 2014, 10:55 pm

Racepak info - who can offer info on setups, and applications for a Street/Strip setup with some pro's and cons with integration of other electronics (7531 etc.) under streetable conditions, vs RPM activated switches for things like NOS stages. Never really been much for delay boxes but times are changing and maybe this old school racer needs to get with the program...Thanks
avatar
FalconEh

Posts : 1424
Join date : 2014-08-21
Location : on the blacktop or in the mountains ????

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racepak Info

Post  BOSS 429 on December 20th 2014, 12:51 am

just buy a sportsman race pak system,it does everything but egts.if you want those you need a v300



-Rich
-
avatar
BOSS 429

Posts : 2212
Join date : 2009-08-10
Location : Ill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racepak Info

Post  Doug Rahn on December 20th 2014, 5:19 am


Attention: Racepak Sportsman Data Logger Customers

With Sportsman data logger customers asking for just a few more channels, the Racepak engineering staff recently completed updates, providing the ability to add additional V-Net channels to the Sportsman.
Available NOW, existing and new Sportsman data logger customers can add up to 12 additional channels, increasing the total V-Net sensor inputs from 6 to 18, while retaining the 8 pre-programmed EGT channels.

Upgrades are available in sets of 2 channels or 4 channels, and can be mixed and matched up to 12 total new channels.
Adding channel capabilities is an easy phone call to the Racepak office, as upgrades are accomplished through emailed software. Of course, new Sportsman orders can be upgraded before leaving the Racepak factory.

avatar
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 1654
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 67
Location : Springfield, GA

View user profile http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Re: Racepak Info

Post  Wheelie58 on December 20th 2014, 11:27 am

Call Racepak and discuss your needs with Eric Lowe.
He has been my rep there and knows their products well.
They don't actually integrate with programmable ignitions, other than being viewed on the same computer screen if you add the Power Grid.
However, you can use the RacePak data to set up a retard strategy for your programmable MSD.
Eric is the man.
Keith Fulp
avatar
Wheelie58

Posts : 1840
Join date : 2009-08-08
Location : Alpharetta, GA

View user profile http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Racepak Info

Post  BOSS 429 on December 20th 2014, 1:35 pm

Doug Rahn wrote:

Attention: Racepak Sportsman Data Logger Customers

With Sportsman data logger customers asking for just a few more channels, the Racepak engineering staff recently completed updates, providing the ability to add additional V-Net channels to the Sportsman.
Available NOW, existing and new Sportsman data logger customers can add up to 12 additional channels, increasing the total V-Net sensor inputs from 6 to 18, while retaining the 8 pre-programmed EGT channels.

Upgrades are available in sets of 2 channels or 4 channels, and can be mixed and matched up to 12 total new channels.
Adding channel capabilities is an easy phone call to the Racepak office, as upgrades are accomplished through emailed software. Of course, new Sportsman orders can be upgraded before leaving the Racepak factory.

THATS VERY GOOD TO HEAR!
avatar
BOSS 429

Posts : 2212
Join date : 2009-08-10
Location : Ill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racepak Info

Post  514F-1 on December 20th 2014, 2:44 pm

Racepak Dashes are really cool. I want to put one in my truck, and get rid of all the analog guages, do they make one that's just a guage panel, I don't need all the special sensors for my basic bracket combo, I just want one that will have all the basic readings, like RPM, Oil Press, Water Temp, Volts, Vacuum, etc.
avatar
514F-1

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-08-06
Age : 29
Location : Plant City FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racepak Info

Post  Wheelie58 on December 20th 2014, 2:56 pm

514F-1 wrote:Racepak Dashes are really cool. I want to put one in my truck, and get rid of all the analog guages, do they make one that's just a guage panel, I don't need all the special sensors for my basic bracket combo, I just want one that will have all the basic readings, like RPM, Oil Press, Water Temp, Volts, Vacuum, etc.

Just go to the RacePak web site. http://www.racepak.com/Components/UDX.php
There are 3 UDX models. One requires a RacePak and two models do not.
Keith
avatar
Wheelie58

Posts : 1840
Join date : 2009-08-08
Location : Alpharetta, GA

View user profile http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Racepak Info

Post  514F-1 on December 20th 2014, 4:25 pm

Wheelie58 wrote:
514F-1 wrote:Racepak Dashes are really cool. I want to put one in my truck, and get rid of all the analog guages, do they make one that's just a guage panel, I don't need all the special sensors for my basic bracket combo, I just want one that will have all the basic readings, like RPM, Oil Press, Water Temp, Volts, Vacuum, etc.

Just go to the RacePak web site. http://www.racepak.com/Components/UDX.php
There are 3 UDX models. One requires a RacePak and two models do not.
Keith

Thanks for the heads up Keith. The price is less than I thought, can't buy a nice full set of guages for that.. Smile
avatar
514F-1

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-08-06
Age : 29
Location : Plant City FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racepak Info

Post  FalconEh on December 20th 2014, 11:27 pm

Oops I forgot to logout... Thanks for the info Guys cheers
avatar
FalconEh

Posts : 1424
Join date : 2014-08-21
Location : on the blacktop or in the mountains ????

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racepak Info

Post  Doug Rahn on December 21st 2014, 12:30 pm

514F-1 wrote:Racepak Dashes are really cool. I want to put one in my truck, and get rid of all the analog guages, do they make one that's just a guage panel, I don't need all the special sensors for my basic bracket combo, I just want one that will have all the basic readings, like RPM, Oil Press, Water Temp, Volts, Vacuum, etc.

They have what you want, it's called the UDX Street Rod.  I plan on putting one in my Econoline tow truck.


I see they finally have a module for the Replay and GoPro cameras, Cool



UDXSR Features:
·  Tachometer.
·  Speedometer (requires sender)
·  Odometer and Trip Odometer
·  Water Temperature
·  Oil Pressure
·  Oil Temperature (transmission or engine)
·  Fuel Level (requires sender)
·  Indicator lights for the following items:
o Low oil pressure warning
o High oil temperature warning
o High water temperature warning
o Low battery voltage warning
o Parking brake indicator
o Turn signal indicator
o High beam indicator
·  External warning light output.
·  External shift light output.
·  Relay output for automatic cooling fan control.
·  V-Net port for expansion of up to 32 additional channels. (requires PC software)
·  Minimum and Maximum value recall.
·  Electro luminescent(EL) back light.
avatar
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 1654
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 67
Location : Springfield, GA

View user profile http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Re: Racepak Info

Post  hienergy557 on December 21st 2014, 9:59 pm

BOSS 429 wrote:just buy a sportsman race pak system,it does everything but egts.if you want those you need a v300



-Rich
-

Sportsman does do egt's.
Here's the info I got from Greg Kelly. This was in 2011, before you could add channels.



The chanel count goes like this: (Sportsman)

1   Engine RPM
2   Shaft RPM
3   Volts
4   Accel G meter
5    Lateral G meter
6    Record button
7    12 volt event
8-13.      User V-net  
14-21 reserved for EGT

You can not add channels

You can not change any definitions. In the 6 available you can plug in fuel pressure, water temp, O2, boost, nitrous pressure etc (up to 6 total).

Digital vs v-net I don’t think is relevant. For instance if you wanted to get front wheel speed it would be a digital signal but still takes one of the 6 V-net channels to record it.
avatar
hienergy557

Posts : 175
Join date : 2009-08-20
Age : 55
Location : Melbourne, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum