BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford and drag racing

+8
rmcomprandy
kim
GTmustang
bbf-falcon
Curt
dfree383
the Coug
Moodyblues
12 posters

Go down

Ford and drag racing Empty Ford and drag racing

Post  Moodyblues 15th January 2015, 12:35

Well it looks like Force has gone to Chebbie since Ford no longer has an interest in drag racing. Before those of you start defending Ford Motor Co just remember they could care less about us drag racers.

Not happy!

My rant for the day. Evil or Very Mad
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Ford and drag racing Empty Re: Ford and drag racing

Post  the Coug 15th January 2015, 12:43

Let me ask can you blame him? ford has stopped all sponsorship along time ago, we are fortunate we even get Hp parts and not that many from Ford it's self...
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 15th January 2015, 12:56

Screw them all.... Support your local sportsman program!

Grass roots is where it's at, to hell with the big corporate BS.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues 15th January 2015, 13:33

the Coug wrote:Let me ask can you blame him? ford has stopped all sponsorship along time ago, we are fortunate we even get Hp parts and not that many from Ford it's self...

No Coug, I don't blame him. I blame Ford.

I'm just tired of the chebbie boys getting everything. Like most here I am diehard Ford and its just aggravating.
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues 15th January 2015, 13:34

dfree383 wrote:Screw them all.... Support your local sportsman program!

Well Ford has no problem supporting Nascrap and Indy!
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug 15th January 2015, 13:37

Moodyblues wrote:

the Difference between the Drag racers and circle burners are we as Drag racers run 1/8 or 1/4 mile and find the finish line but Nascrap and circles drive over the finish line 250 times before they figure out the went over it for the win... and have to have somebody tell them they won...
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 15th January 2015, 14:30

Moodyblues wrote:

I don't watch either.... So screw them too.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt 15th January 2015, 14:35

Drag racing isn't a spectator sport. If you're not in the seat or know the guy that is, its like watching grass grow. People don't come to a drag strip waiting on the big one to happen. Plus, the only way to make money drag racing is with a sponsor. A years worth of prize money wouldn't pay for one weekend of racing top fuel to the finals. It says a lot about our sport.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues 15th January 2015, 15:30

Curt wrote:Drag racing isn't a spectator sport. If you're not in the seat or know the guy that is, its like watching grass grow. People don't come to a drag strip waiting on the big one to happen. Plus, the only way to make money drag racing is with a sponsor. A years worth of prize money wouldn't pay for one weekend of racing top fuel to the finals. It says a lot about our sport.

Have you been to a national event lately?
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt 15th January 2015, 16:04

Moodyblues wrote:
Have you been to a national event lately?

Yes, and half of the people in the stands are with a car/driver. Even the national events are having trouble filling the seats, and what happens when top fuel is over? The stands are occupied by people watching their car/driver go down the track.

Here are a couple of pictures from the Winter Nationals last year. This is in California where they only get a couple of shots a year at watching a drag race.

Ford and drag racing Th?&id=HN.608019261894230172&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1

Ford and drag racing 0

Texas Motorplex,
Ford and drag racing Fri5
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon 15th January 2015, 19:23

Pull all the sponsorship out of racing, and you will find the TRUE racers imo. I don't blame any mfg from pulling out of professional racing. Mad

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  GTmustang 16th January 2015, 18:49

X2. Screw John Force and his inbred family race team! The new Cobra Jet program is great and gives sportsman racers the opportunity race heads up against Camaro's and Challengers in a factory designed and built race car or a clone of one.

GTmustang
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  kim 17th January 2015, 09:04

problem is without sponsorship money and or TV monies.... most tracks would close. Fan revenue isn't paying the property tax, much less a purse........ If the state of the state doesn't change somewhat and or soon. Going to have to figure out how to make these drag cars turn left.....

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy 17th January 2015, 13:31

kim wrote:problem is without sponsorship money and or TV monies....  most tracks would close.  Fan revenue isn't paying the property tax, much less a purse........    If the state of the state doesn't change somewhat and or soon.   Going to have to figure out how to make these drag cars turn left.....

There are a couple "mom & pop type" drag strips around here who own the land and have never had any kind if TV coverage or money or any kind of special meet except what they "put-on" themselves.
They have their 40 to 50 bracket race or index cars every weekend and survive.

AND, I know of a LOT more around the country

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior 17th January 2015, 14:18

rmcomprandy wrote:
kim wrote:problem is without sponsorship money and or TV monies....  most tracks would close.  Fan revenue isn't paying the property tax, much less a purse........    If the state of the state doesn't change somewhat and or soon.   Going to have to figure out how to make these drag cars turn left.....

There are a couple "mom & pop type" drag strips around here who own the land and have never had any kind if TV coverage or money or any kind of special meet except what they "put-on" themselves.

QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt 17th January 2015, 14:34

Our biggest problem around here is that we ended up with to many strips. Now the numbers are dwindling, but the car counts will probably tick up a bit. The only track here that requires a national event, sponsors and TV time to stay in business is the Texas Motorplex. It is so poorly managed that most bracket racers don't even consider it when they're looking for somewhere to race.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick 17th January 2015, 15:16

QtrWarrior wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

X3.....

Our local track is well prepped and well run. A regular bracket series of 4 classes, with lots of special events scattered throughout the year. Saturdays for the organized events, Sundays for TNT and grudge (Good Saturday car counts with real racers. The place is packed on Sundays...lots of spectators, grudge guys and folks cooking out.). Smoothest, consistently hooking track I 've ever been on. Operator is honest, smart and popular with racers.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^BTW, There's your recipe for success.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD 17th January 2015, 15:44

There is a small "mom and pop" 1/8 mile track (Pacemakers) about 50 miles North of my house. Just like you stepped back in time Cool . Used to race there in the late 60's early 70's, it was 1/4 mile then. Sticky starting line too. I'm pretty lucky because I live about 30 miles from National Trail Raceway, used to be home of the Spring Nationals. They seem to be attracting enough to pay the bills, but the track has a drainage problem when it rains hard. There was also talk of them turning it into an 1/8 mile track. Whatever...as long as they keep it open cheers .

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  kim 17th January 2015, 15:59

Lots of tracks going 1/8 mile.  Lower top end speeds...  usually less issue with high speed wrecks.

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior 17th January 2015, 16:54

And cheaper insurance rates from what I hear...
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  YellowStangDuane 17th January 2015, 18:20

Curt wrote:Our biggest problem around here is that we ended up with to many strips. Now the numbers are dwindling, but the car counts will probably tick up a bit. The only track here that requires a national event, sponsors and TV time to stay in business is the Texas Motorplex. It is so poorly managed that most bracket racers don't even consider it when they're looking for somewhere to race.

The Motorplex is actually stepping up on the bracket program, I've run it some the last few years. Texas Raceway has the most consistent programs of all the tracks, whether brackets or heads up.

Force will always be Force to me, I liked him when he drove Oldsmobiles. Nothing GM but the money, paint all those bodies flat black, you won't tell them apart. Nothing close to a GM engine either.
YellowStangDuane
YellowStangDuane

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon 18th January 2015, 02:59

YellowStangDuane wrote:
Curt wrote:Our biggest problem around here is that we ended up with to many strips. Now the numbers are dwindling, but the car counts will probably tick up a bit. The only track here that requires a national event, sponsors and TV time to stay in business is the Texas Motorplex. It is so poorly managed that most bracket racers don't even consider it when they're looking for somewhere to race.

The Motorplex is actually stepping up on the bracket program, I've run it some the last few years. Texas Raceway has the most consistent programs of all the tracks, whether brackets or heads up.

Force will always be Force to me, I liked him when he drove Oldsmobiles. Nothing GM but the money, paint all those bodies flat black, you won't tell them apart. Nothing close to a GM engine either.

I agree Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD 18th January 2015, 12:41

I'll always like John Force. Made it a family business and seems like a class guy. Ford's loss, GM's gain. Sometimes I just scratch my head at some of the things Ford does. Sure do like what they're doing with the new Mustangs, though cheers .

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down