BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added

+23
gmsmkr
bc474
Tomasw
maverick
70FB
72mav
zbob
supervel45
Mark Miller
Ranch71460
8liter
bruno
jbozzelle
AZFairlane
DFI429
richter69
jasonf
FalconEh
Mike R
bbf-falcon
69F100
schmitty
billandlori
27 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 2 Empty Re: How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added

Post  jbozzelle March 7th 2016, 8:27 am

Looks good!

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 2 Empty Re: How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added

Post  billandlori March 7th 2016, 8:54 am

jbozzelle wrote:Looks good!

Thanks John!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller March 8th 2016, 2:17 am

X2,those floor pans and engine compartment look pretty clean!!! Smile Smile Smile

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori March 9th 2016, 9:23 pm

Mark Miller wrote:

X2,those floor pans and engine compartment look pretty clean!!! Smile Smile Smile

She's a solid old girl!! There was a small rusty bit at the drivers toe board/floor board seam. Otherwise its just cleaning and painting!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori March 14th 2016, 5:37 pm

I ran across a guy that is working on a 91 LX notch. He is going to a tubular K member so I gave $60 for his stock K. I had my k member all cleaned and painted but this one is a lot lighter, I never seen them side by side, what a difference lol!!

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 2 Img-2016

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 2 Img-2017

This one has the 4cyl/V8 mounts also, so that will save me some fab time!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 March 14th 2016, 7:17 pm

That's why they make holesaws. Looks good.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle March 14th 2016, 9:55 pm

Make sure all of the mounting holes line up. On my 78 Futura only one (I think, will have to check again) of the rear 4 holes line up...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller March 15th 2016, 1:56 am

billandlori wrote:I ran across a guy that is working on a 91 LX notch. He is going to a tubular K member so I gave $60 for his stock K. I had my k member all cleaned and painted but this one is a lot lighter, I never seen them side by side, what a difference lol!!

Bill

Wow and i thought the stock Mustang K-Member was beefy,that Fairmont K-Member is a beast must be a lot heavier though!!!! Smile Smile Smile

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori March 15th 2016, 5:44 pm

jbozzelle wrote:Make sure all of the mounting holes line up.  On my 78 Futura only one (I think, will have to check again) of the rear 4 holes line up...

Thanks, I'll check that out John. I checked the height of the rear pads but not the distance between!!

Bill

billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori March 15th 2016, 5:46 pm

Mark Miller wrote:
billandlori wrote:I ran across a guy that is working on a 91 LX notch. He is going to a tubular K member so I gave $60 for his stock K. I had my k member all cleaned and painted but this one is a lot lighter, I never seen them side by side, what a difference lol!!

Bill

Wow and i thought the stock Mustang K-Member was beefy,that Fairmont K-Member is a beast must be a lot heavier though!!!! Smile Smile Smile

It is a heavy beast lol!! I had already cut the engine mounting tabs about 2" but I was still going to have to do a bunch of fab work, this saves time and a lot of weight.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori March 27th 2016, 5:12 pm

Got some more stuff done on the Fairmont this weekend.

I put the engine/trans in from underneath. What a slick way to do it!! I won't be putting one in through the top again!!

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 2 Img-2010

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 2 Img-2011

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 2 Img-2012

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 2 Img-2013

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 2 Img-2014

Putting the headers on sitting beside the engine sure cuts down on the swearing!! No smashed fingers or scratched paint, much better!!

Bill

billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller March 28th 2016, 1:19 am

billandlori wrote:Got some more stuff done on the Fairmont this weekend.

I put the engine/trans in from underneath. What a slick way to do it!! I won't be putting one in through the top again!!

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 2 Img-2010

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 2 Img-2011

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 2 Img-2012

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 2 Img-2013

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 2 Img-2014

Putting the headers on sitting beside the engine sure cuts down on the swearing!! No smashed fingers or scratched paint, much better!!

Bill

Bill,looking good keep the pictures coming when you get them!!!! Smile Smile Smile

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle March 28th 2016, 8:24 am

K-Member spacers?

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori March 28th 2016, 4:45 pm

jbozzelle wrote:K-Member spacers?

Yep, I put 1.5" spacers in. I ran them in the thunderbird too and I like the way they level the engine out. I ran a mechanical fan with the stock shroud on it!!

How About Another LS Fairmont????? NOT! Video Added - Page 2 Img-2015

I'm hoping to get it under the hood without having to cut a hole, looks like I should have lots of room.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle March 28th 2016, 8:02 pm

Which intake do you plan to run? Keep the pics coming too

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori March 28th 2016, 8:13 pm

jbozzelle wrote:Which intake do you plan to run?  Keep the pics coming too

I'll be re-using the Performer RPM intake. Trying to get the gas stains off the thing lol!! I have a 1" spacer I made to blend the 4150 to the spread bore intake opening, if I need to I'll get a drop base air cleaner. I had thought about a carb hat and a cone filter but most of the hats I saw are as high as the filter housing.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori March 28th 2016, 8:15 pm

I have been looking for a 1050 dominator as I think the 750 dbl pumper is too small. I'll likely hold off on the filter set up till I get the carb situation figured out.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle March 28th 2016, 10:21 pm

Curious if it'll all fit under the hood

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  zbob March 28th 2016, 10:22 pm

a torkerii fit but not a rpm on my zeph fwiw. bobn

zbob

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori March 28th 2016, 10:49 pm

jbozzelle wrote:Curious if it'll all fit under the hood  

Nope. Just got back in the house, I guess I'm in the market for a scoop!! They did come with a scoop on some models. Yeah, that's it. Crap, I was really hoping to keep it under wraps lol!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller March 29th 2016, 1:29 am

billandlori wrote:

I'll be re-using the Performer RPM intake. Trying to get the gas stains off the thing lol!! I have a 1" spacer I made to blend the 4150 to the spread bore intake opening, if I need to I'll get a drop base air cleaner. I had thought about a carb hat and a cone filter but most of the hats I saw are as high as the filter housing.

Bill

I tried to get all the stains off my Victor 460 Intake.I couldn't get them all off painted the Intake with VHT-SP127 Universal Aluminum Paint.IMO best thing i've ever done i think it's been 2-3 years ago since i painted it and it still looks good IMO.I could probably get some pictures of it on Wednesday when the weather warms up.I could try to e-mail the pictures to you if you want?

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori March 29th 2016, 9:58 am

Mark Miller wrote:
billandlori wrote:

Bill

I tried to get all the stains off my Victor 460 Intake.I couldn't get them all off painted the Intake with VHT-SP127 Universal Aluminum Paint.IMO best thing i've ever done i think it's been 2-3 years ago since i painted it and it still looks good IMO.I could probably get some pictures of it on Wednesday when the weather warms up.I could try to e-mail the pictures to you if you want?  

You have a PM!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori April 1st 2016, 11:44 am

Well, she's back down on all fours again. I think it sits pretty good. A bit high in the back but I need to get the control arms set right yet. Then we'll see if I need to cut any coils in back. I cut one coil on the stock front springs.

The front fender is just sitting there, needs to be aligned yet.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav April 1st 2016, 1:59 pm

Lookin good Bill. How is Lori doing?
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori April 1st 2016, 7:27 pm

72mav wrote:Lookin good Bill. How is Lori doing?

Thanks Al!!

Lori's doing well, she's chomping at the bit to get her Nova out for the summer lol!!

Looks like your making good progress on the Maverick, do you think it will be out this summer?

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next