BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engine gauges

+3
460bronco
Doug Rahn
jones
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Engine gauges - Page 2 Empty Re: Engine gauges

Post  Doug Rahn February 24th 2015, 11:41 am

UDX is a good choice, available in three versions Display, Replay, Street Rod. Not knowing if this is a street car, be aware that with the Street Rod version you cannot add the Sportsman or V3 data logger to it later. But it does have all the abilities needed for street.

The Street Dash has all the amenities needed on a street-driven vehicle. Through a combination of your existing sensors and those included in the kit, this dash will provide you with the ability to display engine RPM, speedometer, odometer, water and oil temperature, oil pressure, battery voltage, and fuel level. It has internal indicator lights for such items as low oil pressure, high water temperature, turn signals, high beam, and parking brake. Additional functions can be displayed with the purchase of the appropriate V-Net sensor and module combination. A relay for an electric fan controller, and a minimum/maximum recall function, are included in the Street Dash kit. wrote:
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  hienergy557 February 24th 2015, 9:21 pm

The UDX has limited options to label different feilds.
The IQ3 dash can be configured with more labeling options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDdR3MM_ZeI

I have a UDX.
MMM Beer.
hienergy557
hienergy557

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper February 24th 2015, 11:11 pm

email me and I will shoot you a quote for which ever one you decide. justin@2jmfab.com

We don't run any gauges in our car but do have an oil pressure dummy light wired in. Too much going on during a mid 4 sec pass to worry about gauges. LOL

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  jones February 25th 2015, 12:54 am

hienergy557 wrote:The UDX has limited options to label different feilds.

I have a UDX.
MMM Beer.

Do you like the UDX? My brother did mention to me that I might want the option for the data logger down the road. Just depends on when I start spraying nitrous or add a supercharger.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  jones February 25th 2015, 1:03 am

FYI for everyone: My project truck is a 1989 Ford F150 4x4. It is built around me wanting a powerful street 4x4 truck that I can race my buddies at the "no prep" drag races. (I picture the truck racing like the 4x4 diesel trucks except with a BBF) I am trying to find a good radial tire that has more tread than a drag radial but a sticky compound in a 31-33" tall tire.

I was going to lift the truck and put 40" tires but I know I will have more fun doing four wheel drive launches against unsuspecting people! I know I will have some weak areas to work on but I'll have fun with it running and do the suspension upgrades as time passes.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  jones February 25th 2015, 1:23 am

whatbumper wrote:email me and I will shoot you a quote for which ever one you decide. justin@2jmfab.com

We don't run any gauges in our car but do have an oil pressure dummy light wired in.  Too much going on during a mid 4 sec pass to worry about gauges. LOL

I'll be in touch when I can figure out exactly what I need and how in-depth I want to go on the wiring. Do you sell ignition boxes? What else do you sell?

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  hienergy557 February 25th 2015, 1:26 am

jones wrote:
hienergy557 wrote:The UDX has limited options to label different feilds.

I have a UDX.
MMM Beer.

Do you like the UDX? My brother did mention to me that I might want the option for the data logger down the road. Just depends on when I start spraying nitrous or add a supercharger.

My UDX dash is awsome. I use it with a Sportsman logger.
I was just saying you can do more with a IQ3.
hienergy557
hienergy557

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper February 25th 2015, 10:00 am

jones wrote:
whatbumper wrote:email me and I will shoot you a quote for which ever one you decide. justin@2jmfab.com

We don't run any gauges in our car but do have an oil pressure dummy light wired in.  Too much going on during a mid 4 sec pass to worry about gauges. LOL

I'll be in touch when I can figure out exactly what I need and how in-depth I want to go on the wiring. Do you sell ignition boxes? What else do you sell?

We sell everything. I'm trying to get a web store built but that easier said than done when working two full time jobs currently. I'll have more time when my teaching contract is up in June. Send an email for anything and I'll shoot back a price. Thanks

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  jones February 25th 2015, 11:54 am

whatbumper wrote:
jones wrote:

We sell everything.  I'm trying to get a web store built but that easier said than done when working two full time jobs currently.  I'll have more time when my teaching contract is up in June.  Send an email for anything and I'll shoot back a price.  Thanks

I have sent you a email with a list of items I know I will need to purchase eventually.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  460bronco February 25th 2015, 12:44 pm

When you get the truck done, we will have to meet up at the 1/8th mile track at battlefield. My truck is currently down, but I took it out there one time last year on my 37's and smoked a new model camaro. The guy couldn't believe a big ole 4x4 just walked on him! I tried a few launches in 2wd, but it would spin really easily. So, on my last pass I put the truck in 4Hi. This was the race with the camaro. When I stomped it off the line, the truck raised up and all 4 tires still spun. I feathered the throttle and just went ahead and shifted to 2nd before I was out of the lights. The torque of the BBF pulled out from the camaro and I never quit pulling on him for the rest of the 1/8th.

I put an induction solutions plate on my truck and did a head change since then. I can't wait to go back!

When you find the street races please let me know, I'd like to get in on some of that action!

Jon
460bronco
460bronco

Back to top Go down

Post  jones February 25th 2015, 12:58 pm

460bronco wrote:When you get the truck done, we will have to meet up at the 1/8th mile track at battlefield.  My truck is currently down, but I took it out there one time last year on my 37's and smoked a new model camaro.  The guy couldn't believe a big ole 4x4 just walked on him!  I tried a few launches in 2wd, but it would spin really easily.  So, on my last pass I put the truck in 4Hi.  This was the race with the camaro.  When I stomped it off the line, the truck raised up and all 4 tires still spun.  I feathered the throttle and just went ahead and shifted to 2nd before I was out of the lights.  The torque of the BBF pulled out from the camaro and I never quit pulling on him for the rest of the 1/8th.  

I put an induction solutions plate on my truck and did a head change since then.  I can't wait to go back!  

When you find the street races please let me know, I'd like to get in on some of that action!

Jon

We will have to do that, I wanted to hit up these no prep races as well and hopefully have a traction advantage.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper February 25th 2015, 7:06 pm

jones wrote:
whatbumper wrote:
jones wrote:

We sell everything.  I'm trying to get a web store built but that easier said than done when working two full time jobs currently.  I'll have more time when my teaching contract is up in June.  Send an email for anything and I'll shoot back a price.  Thanks

I have sent you a email with a list of items I know I will need to purchase eventually.

With trying to catch up because of snow days and delayed shipments I haven't even checked my email today. I'll check it tonight and get prices together tomorrow to you. Thanks

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  jones February 25th 2015, 10:31 pm

Good deal!

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr March 26th 2015, 7:14 pm

Hey Jones what did you ever do
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  jones March 26th 2015, 10:35 pm

gmsmkr wrote:Hey Jones what did you ever do

I don't have enough money for the dash. Had some unexpected expenses come up when I went to pick-up my engine.

I have a 4" autometer tach, oil pressure gauge & water temp gauge from and old build I'll use.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr March 26th 2015, 10:46 pm

I gotcha .... I was just wondering looking into something like this my self I don't want to run my digital gauges and thought I might get some feed back on what you did thanks.
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next