72 maverick

Go down

72 maverick

Post  away on March 3rd 2015, 4:35 pm

Current Car 72 maverick-2400 lb with driver

Current set-up and E.T-1/8th mile bracket racing
532 CI 4.3 stroke 4.440 bore with Eldelbrock heads 13.5:1 cam specs (.726/.726 lift--- 296/304 duration--- 260/268 dur @ 0.50--- lobe separation 108 degrees--- intake centerline 108 degrees)
4.88 rear gear 32X14.5X15 tire 1.76 power glide 1050 110 Gas Dominator. Don't know flow numbers on heads but just port matched intake runner to CJ size-I'm guessing they flow around 350 ish currently running 5.75 at 118 shifting at 6200 and crossing the stripe at 6400-6500

^^^live forever right^^^

potential add-ons

TFS street heads done by High Velocity heads-385 CFM
Alcohol dominator
Ron's toilet-injected Alky

So lets play the guess the E.T game

1st change-Head swap stay on gas
2nd change-Heads and Alcohol carb
3rd change-Heads and toilet (alcohol injection)

Anyone care to guess E.T improvements?

Adrian
avatar
away

Posts : 205
Join date : 2009-10-08
Age : 40
Location : Harrodsburg KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 72 maverick

Post  the Coug on March 3rd 2015, 4:46 pm

385 from TFS streets is a pretty ho hum number If I was going to use the streets I would go CNC 325s and cut the chambers back to 70 cc and get more duration@.050 around 277/285 then let that Biocth eat...
avatar
the Coug

Posts : 3055
Join date : 2008-12-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 72 maverick

Post  maverick on March 3rd 2015, 6:01 pm

Is that a chromoly chassis?  How much of the body is steel?  My car is MS and 145 lbs. heavier.

Are the Edelbricks "as cast"?
avatar
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3052
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 72 maverick

Post  away on March 3rd 2015, 7:13 pm

maverick wrote:Is that a chromoly chassis?  How much of the body is steel?  My car is MS and 145 lbs. heavier.

Are the Edelbricks "as cast"?

yes mild steel just roof and quarters are steel body fiberglass everything else hood one piece front clip doors trunk lid and rear bumper all glass front fuel cell of course
avatar
away

Posts : 205
Join date : 2009-10-08
Age : 40
Location : Harrodsburg KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 72 maverick

Post  away on March 3rd 2015, 7:13 pm

the Coug wrote:385 from TFS streets is a pretty ho hum number  If I was going to use the streets I would go CNC 325s and cut the chambers back to 70 cc and get more duration@.050  around 277/285 then let that Biocth eat...

what does ho hum number mean?
avatar
away

Posts : 205
Join date : 2009-10-08
Age : 40
Location : Harrodsburg KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 72 maverick

Post  the Coug on March 3rd 2015, 7:46 pm

away wrote:
the Coug wrote:385 from TFS streets is a pretty ho hum number  If I was going to use the streets I would go CNC 325s and cut the chambers back to 70 cc and get more duration@.050  around 277/285 then let that Biocth eat...

what does ho hum number mean?

nothing special just so so...
avatar
the Coug

Posts : 3055
Join date : 2008-12-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 72 maverick

Post  cool40 on March 3rd 2015, 10:53 pm

the Coug wrote:385 from TFS streets is a pretty ho hum number  If I was going to use the streets I would go CNC 325s and cut the chambers back to 70 cc and get more duration@.050  around 277/285 then let that Biocth eat...
^^^this and put the toilet on......5.50's Suspect
avatar
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 7165
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 47
Location : on the 1/8 mile dyno

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 72 maverick

Post  maverick on March 4th 2015, 9:34 am

That's the same cam I'm using. Spinning it higher doesn't pick up much (if any) in my car. X3 on the cam swap and spin it up higher. At your weight, I agree it's a 5.50's car.
avatar
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3052
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 72 maverick

Post  the Coug on March 4th 2015, 9:54 am

have those Edelbrock Ported by someone that knows what is going on and how to get over 400cfm out of them and then mill them to 70cc chambers and change cams to mid 700s in the 277/285 duration @ .050 and keep the 107* or 108* lobes and let that Bioch eat....
avatar
the Coug

Posts : 3055
Join date : 2008-12-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 72 maverick

Post  away on March 4th 2015, 2:25 pm

the Coug wrote:have those Edelbrock Ported by someone that knows what is going on and how to get over 400cfm out of them and then mill them to 70cc chambers and change cams  to mid 700s in the 277/285 duration @ .050 and keep the 107* or 108* lobes and let that Bioch eat....

I have two sets of heads: the edelbrocks and the Trick Flow street head I think.......I was running the edelbrocks so I sent the TFS to high velocity heads and had them worked its been a long time and I dont remember anything but the 385 number and can's find the flow sheet now Embarassed

So cylinder head wise are you saying the edelbrock would be the better choice head anyway? I thought the TFS was better?Shocked
avatar
away

Posts : 205
Join date : 2009-10-08
Age : 40
Location : Harrodsburg KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 72 maverick

Post  the Coug on March 4th 2015, 3:29 pm

no they aren't better but they are not bad, I have had and run the TFS Streets and they do build power just they can be better if in the right hands you need to bring the comp up to around 14.5 and put a cam like I suggested and let her eat, you also may need a bigger carb it seems like the big Fords like Carburation...
avatar
the Coug

Posts : 3055
Join date : 2008-12-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 72 maverick

Post  68galaxie on March 4th 2015, 6:02 pm

Good Lord Smile I do agree with Coug.

One must be careful getting to the magic 400+ cfm figure. There are different ways to get there - lay SSR back, or widen
bowl area (if casting allows) or both. Port air speeds will tell porter which way to go.
avatar
68galaxie

Posts : 285
Join date : 2010-04-13
Location : Edmonton AB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 72 maverick

Post  away on March 4th 2015, 8:27 pm

68galaxie wrote:Good Lord Smile I do agree with Coug.

One must be careful getting to the magic 400+ cfm figure. There are different ways to get there - lay SSR back, or widen
bowl area (if casting allows) or both. Port air speeds will tell porter which way to go.

SSR?
avatar
away

Posts : 205
Join date : 2009-10-08
Age : 40
Location : Harrodsburg KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 72 maverick

Post  maverick on March 4th 2015, 9:55 pm

Short side radius.
avatar
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3052
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum