AFR NEW HEADS

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

AFR NEW HEADS

Post  IDT-572 on March 27th 2015, 5:56 pm

I hope this is not what the cost is going to be on the new heads.................

http://www.flowtechinduction.com/afr-bb-ford-300-bullitt-cylinder-heads/
avatar
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 57
Location : Shelbyville Tn.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  BigBlockRanger on March 27th 2015, 6:09 pm

That must have the Ed Curtis multiplier added.
avatar
BigBlockRanger

Posts : 705
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 47
Location : Amarillo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  maverick on March 27th 2015, 7:31 pm

I guess that price is intended to boost A-460 sales.
avatar
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3052
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  BigRigTech on March 27th 2015, 9:55 pm

Yikes. affraid
avatar
BigRigTech

Posts : 763
Join date : 2013-06-17
Location : Hatchet Lake, Nova Scotia, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  69F100 on March 28th 2015, 12:25 am

I hope that is for a set and not just one head if it is one then it is over $11,000 a set scratch affraid
avatar
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5148
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 51
Location : Irwinville Ga.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  QtrWarrior on March 28th 2015, 6:27 am

So much for an "economical alternative" to the other heads on the market..... affraid
avatar
QtrWarrior

Posts : 2562
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 59
Location : Bloomingdale, Ga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  gmsmkr on March 28th 2015, 8:56 am

Yikes...Shocked ....Don't think I'll be trying them I will go strait to "A" heads
avatar
gmsmkr

Posts : 1364
Join date : 2014-06-22
Location : alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  dfree383 on March 28th 2015, 10:14 am

They are trying too kill them before they actually produce them?

avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14162
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  bruno on March 28th 2015, 10:30 am

its got to be a typo
avatar
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10671
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 45
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

View user profile http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  Hardy on March 28th 2015, 11:51 am

The same heads are 2900 for the pair on d and f performance

Hardy

Posts : 107
Join date : 2014-05-19
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  FalconEh on March 28th 2015, 1:19 pm

69F100 wrote:I hope that is for a set and not just one head if it is one then it is over $11,000 a set scratch affraid

yup, quantity of 1 Shocked affraid must have been drunken
avatar
FalconEh

Posts : 1429
Join date : 2014-08-21
Location : on the blacktop or in the mountains ????

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  jbozzelle on March 28th 2015, 10:09 pm

Do they come fully CNC ported from AFR?

The link mentions they are fully CNC ported. Maybe that's the reason for the price?

jbozzelle

Posts : 3613
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 44
Location : New Orleans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  FalconEh on March 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

jbozzelle wrote:Do they come fully CNC ported from AFR?

The link mentions they are fully CNC ported.  Maybe that's the reason for the price?

$11,000 IDK if the lazer cut them I will buy turn key Razz
avatar
FalconEh

Posts : 1429
Join date : 2014-08-21
Location : on the blacktop or in the mountains ????

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  bbf-falcon on March 29th 2015, 11:13 am

Has anyone seen the intake that goes w/these heads? They have pic's in National Dragster this month of it ,looks good.

bbf-falcon

Posts : 8992
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Jackson, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  bbf-falcon on March 29th 2015, 12:38 pm


bbf-falcon

Posts : 8992
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Jackson, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  738drvr on March 31st 2015, 9:32 pm

Prices are:

2099.00 270cc
2.25/1.76 valves
Flow:
.400 311/225
.500 356/253
.600 392/272
.700 402/279
On a 4.39 bore fixture.

2599.00 280cc
2.25/1.76 valves
Exh. Raised .250

2799.00 305cc
2.30/1.76 valves
Exh. Raised .600

IIRC.

I think these heads will work very well. If you read the article, AFR worked hard to get the port and chamber to work real well. I think out of the box they will be head and shoulders above the Kaase heads. We shall soon find out. Remember, flow numbers AREN'T EVERYTHING. Look how well the AFR heads have worked on SBF and BBC applications. A lot of that tech and experience has gone into these heads. I like the fact that they stayed with a factory exhaust pattern. I hope they perform as well as expected. Glad to see them step up.
avatar
738drvr

Posts : 505
Join date : 2010-02-15
Age : 53
Location : Middle Tennessee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  IDT-572 on April 1st 2015, 9:07 am

I haven't put a pencil to it , but they look like the average flow may be less than a set of P-51's the 400 500 and 600 numbers are way off what I have seen on the Kasse's.
avatar
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 57
Location : Shelbyville Tn.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  738drvr on April 1st 2015, 9:39 am

Out of the box? I'll have to check my flow sheets on the set I owned and see. I know for a fact the exh. flow numbers of the OTB flow numbers of the P-51's are well below the 270cc AFR's. The intake flow of the P-51's is excellent but I want to see a head to head comparison on a dyno. The flow numbers listed above are for the 270cc runner. P-51's have a 310cc runner. A better comparison will be the AFR 300cc runner. Hard to get an apples to apples comparison as the 300cc runner head has a 2.30 intake valve and a raised exhaust port. I still believe it will out perform a P-51 OTB easily. It should any way. I.E. newer design, better ports, valve location, raised exhaust port, etc...

Kaase website states intake flow:

.400=330
.500=375
.600=395
.700=401

Mine didn't flow that well until the higher flow numbers. (Ex. .700, .750, .800).

Kaase has an article on the P-51 section where a set is compared to a set of SCJ's. Out of the box the P-51's flowed:

.400=306
.500=350
.600=368
.700=388
.800=395

This was an independent test. Make no mistake, the P-51's are a great set of heads but they MAY have just been passed in performance. I'm a big fan of Kaase and appreciate all he has done for the BBF community over the years. He's still an awesome builder and competitor.
avatar
738drvr

Posts : 505
Join date : 2010-02-15
Age : 53
Location : Middle Tennessee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  68formalGT on April 1st 2015, 10:25 am

I can't believe that a few builders haven't received a few sets to try out. I'd love to see some dyno tests from some of the builders on this forum. Time will tell.
avatar
68formalGT

Posts : 797
Join date : 2012-02-13
Location : Pueblo West, Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  DanH on April 1st 2015, 10:46 am

738drvr wrote:Out of the box? I'll have to check my flow sheets on the set I owned and see. I know for a fact the exh. flow numbers of the OTB flow numbers of the P-51's are well below the 270cc AFR's. The intake flow of the P-51's is excellent but I want to see a head to head comparison on a dyno. The flow numbers listed above are for the 270cc runner. P-51's have a 310cc runner. A better comparison will be the AFR 300cc runner. Hard to get an apples to apples comparison as the 300cc runner head has a 2.30 intake valve and a raised exhaust port. I still believe it will out perform a P-51 OTB easily. It should any way. I.E. newer design, better ports, valve location, raised exhaust port, etc...

Kaase website states intake flow:

.400=330
.500=375
.600=395
.700=401

Mine didn't flow that well until the higher flow numbers. (Ex. .700, .750, .800).

Kaase has an article on the P-51 section where a set is compared to a set of SCJ's. Out of the box the P-51's flowed:

.400=306
.500=350
.600=368
.700=388
.800=395

This was an independent test. Make no mistake, the P-51's are a great set of heads but they MAY have just been passed in performance. I'm a big fan of Kaase and appreciate all he has done for the BBF community over the years. He's still an awesome builder and competitor.
I like a smaller port with good flow numbers. then the flow numbers are not the only thing that makes for a fast ride imo

DanH

Posts : 1081
Join date : 2009-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  Straubtech on April 1st 2015, 11:27 am

I just shipped them some more valve locks so they must be ready to ship heads.

Straubtech

Posts : 292
Join date : 2015-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  dfree383 on April 1st 2015, 11:48 am

68formalGT wrote:I can't believe that a few builders haven't received a few sets to try out. I'd love to see some dyno tests from some of the builders on this forum.  Time will tell.

They need to produce them to give them to people, also AFR has a different crowd of builders out side of the BBF most of us know and they probably are not plugged into our info sources or avenues.
avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14162
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  IDT-572 on April 1st 2015, 11:48 am

Here are the numbers I have off a set of heads that were out of the box that represent a good average number from what I have flowed.

1. 78.1    
2. 163
3. 260
4. 339
5. 360
6. 400
7. 390
8. 382

1. 57
2. 109.4
3. 154
4. 189.3
5. 215.4
6. 236.6
7. 246.9
7.5 252.8
8. 257
avatar
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 57
Location : Shelbyville Tn.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  68formalGT on April 1st 2015, 12:02 pm

dfree383 wrote:
68formalGT wrote:I can't believe that a few builders haven't received a few sets to try out. I'd love to see some dyno tests from some of the builders on this forum.  Time will tell.


They need to produce them to give them to people, also AFR has a different crowd of builders out side of the BBF most of us know and they probably are not plugged into our info sources or avenues.

When it finally happens I know you guys will be on top of how it was built.
avatar
68formalGT

Posts : 797
Join date : 2012-02-13
Location : Pueblo West, Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  wayney on April 1st 2015, 6:37 pm

738drvr wrote:Out of the box? I'll have to check my flow sheets on the set I owned and see. I know for a fact the exh. flow numbers of the OTB flow numbers of the P-51's are well below the 270cc AFR's. The intake flow of the P-51's is excellent but I want to see a head to head comparison on a dyno. The flow numbers listed above are for the 270cc runner. P-51's have a 310cc runner. A better comparison will be the AFR 300cc runner. Hard to get an apples to apples comparison as the 300cc runner head has a 2.30 intake valve and a raised exhaust port. I still believe it will out perform a P-51 OTB easily. It should any way. I.E. newer design, better ports, valve location, raised exhaust port, etc...

Kaase website states intake flow:

.400=330
.500=375
.600=395
.700=401

Mine didn't flow that well until the higher flow numbers. (Ex. .700, .750, .800).

Kaase has an article on the P-51 section where a set is compared to a set of SCJ's. Out of the box the P-51's flowed:

.400=306
.500=350
.600=368
.700=388
.800=395

This was an independent test. Make no mistake, the P-51's are a great set of heads but they MAY have just been passed in performance. I'm a big fan of Kaase and appreciate all he has done for the BBF community over the years. He's still an awesome builder and competitor.

not to take anything away from the AFR heads (it would be hard to since they don't have them out) but when you are comparing head specs on heads with different valve locations and runner length you can't use runner volume. if one has a longer runner it may have more volume (cc's) but a smaller cross section and higher velocity port. I can't wait to see some on an independent dyno to see how they perform.

wayne

wayney

Posts : 146
Join date : 2013-02-19
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum