AFR NEW HEADS

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  res0rli9 on May 22nd 2015, 7:11 pm

IDT-572 wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:
83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:
dirt_worker wrote:
Straubtech wrote:AFR thought this was a good idea.  I left a message at Mr. Oakley's shop.

Chris I too suggest blake cartwright get a chance to demo a set. there's not many guys on this site that are Well rounded enough to give real world unbiased info as Blake. I ran one of his cams before yours w EXCELLNT results. plus, Blakes not sponsored by TFS. Smile

My vote is for Blake as well.
Good honest un-biased feedback.

Blake is a cool dude for sure & I've been trying to get Oakley to quit lying about the AFR flow numbers.....any of you guys that want to spank him for such come to the Ford race at US 60  Laughing.

Let's put the burden were it belongs....AFR sends the heads to Blake and flow them on Phillip's flow bench during the race weekend.

My engine probably needs freshening, if they treat me right I might even do an A-B dyno test between my heads and their top head. I would have to cut the new reliefs in my pistons while they were out.  

That would be a very good comparison. I think my engine would be able to take advantage of the flow they have.  I don't think it would be an over headed engine and not totally test the capability's of their head.

An intake test could be done also, Mafia, my modded (Super Albert Victor),  stock ported Victor, and AFR manifold.

We have a Winner Smile

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3338
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 68
Location : sarasota FL.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  466cj on May 27th 2015, 10:29 pm

IDT-572 wrote:

My engine probably needs freshening, if they treat me right I might even do an A-B dyno test between my heads and their top head. I would have to cut the new reliefs in my pistons while they were out.  

That would be a very good comparison. I think my engine would be able to take advantage of the flow they have.  I don't think it would be an over headed engine and not totally test the capability's of their head.

An intake test could be done also, Mafia, my modded (Super Albert Victor),  stock ported Victor, and AFR manifold.

So which head would you use? I'd think the 270 be out.  Seems the 300 be only one close if you just go by the listed flow numbers. Then is the question of which exhaust port. Would this be stock vs. your worked P-51's or work over the AFR's to the same level.  Personally I'd like to see what a box stock 300 with the 1/4" raised exh. port would do. Just thinking out loud.

466cj

Posts : 391
Join date : 2011-05-01
Location : San Antonio, TX.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  IDT-572 on May 27th 2015, 10:43 pm

466cj wrote:
IDT-572 wrote:

My engine probably needs freshening, if they treat me right I might even do an A-B dyno test between my heads and their top head. I would have to cut the new reliefs in my pistons while they were out.  

That would be a very good comparison. I think my engine would be able to take advantage of the flow they have.  I don't think it would be an over headed engine and not totally test the capability's of their head.

An intake test could be done also, Mafia, my modded (Super Albert Victor),  stock ported Victor, and AFR manifold.

So which head would you use? I'd think the 270 be out.  Seems the 300 be only one close if you just go by the listed flow numbers. Then is the question of which exhaust port. Would this be stock vs. your worked P-51's or work over the AFR's to the same level.  Personally I'd like to see what a box stock 300 with the 1/4" raised exh. port would do. Just thinking out loud.

Me too..............
avatar
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 4600
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 57
Location : Shelbyville Tn.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  Lem Evans on May 27th 2015, 11:02 pm

I'd like to see an ant eat a bale of hay.

Lem Evans

Posts : 7137
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  kim on May 27th 2015, 11:25 pm

Lem Evans wrote:I'd like to see an ant eat a bale of hay.

Is that in one sitting or over a lifetime?

It's still going to end up as one fat ant........ accomplishing the feat.

kim

Posts : 700
Join date : 2009-06-27
Location : Tucson AZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  res0rli9 on May 27th 2015, 11:28 pm

Lem Evans wrote:I'd like to see an ant eat a bale of hay.

He could probably do it in the same time it took for these heads to come out.

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3338
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 68
Location : sarasota FL.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  Lem Evans on May 27th 2015, 11:45 pm

res0rli9 wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:I'd like to see an ant eat a bale of hay.

He could probably do it in the same time it took for these heads to come out.


You guys gotta understand that these have ants 1/4" raised ports.  Very Happy

Lem Evans

Posts : 7137
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  466cj on May 28th 2015, 12:13 am

Lem Evans wrote:I'd like to see an ant eat a bale of hay.

I would not want to meet up with the ant that can eat a bale of hay in one sitting...




466cj

Posts : 391
Join date : 2011-05-01
Location : San Antonio, TX.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  466cj on May 28th 2015, 12:18 am

Lem Evans wrote:
res0rli9 wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:I'd like to see an ant eat a bale of hay.

He could probably do it in the same time it took for these heads to come out.


You guys gotta understand that these have ants 1/4" raised ports.  Very Happy

They got some ants with 5/8" raised ports too.


466cj

Posts : 391
Join date : 2011-05-01
Location : San Antonio, TX.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  Lem Evans on May 28th 2015, 12:45 am

I'm friggen sick of hearing about what one would want to see. Hence the ant & bale of hay bullshit.

I'd be nice if AFR would deliver......seems it'd be later than sooner.

But, it's been a cool deal for AFR ........people promoting the product for years that was not there.

Lem Evans

Posts : 7137
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  bbf-falcon on May 28th 2015, 6:36 am

Lem Evans wrote:I'd like to see an ant eat a bale of hay.

Doubt that will ever happen,though I did see one carry a round bale one time. They are strong lil sumbitches.

bbf-falcon

Posts : 8992
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Jackson, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  gmsmkr on May 28th 2015, 8:51 am

Lem Evans wrote:I'm friggen sick of hearing about what one would want to see. Hence the ant & bale of hay bullshit.

I'd be nice if AFR would deliver......seems it'd be later than sooner.

But, it's been  a cool deal for AFR ........people promoting the product  for years that was not there.    

x2 after all they better be some nasty heads right OTB Rolling Eyes
avatar
gmsmkr

Posts : 1364
Join date : 2014-06-22
Location : alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  maverick on May 30th 2015, 8:07 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:I'd like to see an ant eat a bale of hay.

Doubt that will ever happen,though I did see one carry a round bale one time. They are strong lil sumbitches.

Were you eating 'shrooms? Shocked
avatar
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3052
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  dfree383 on May 31st 2015, 7:21 am

maverick wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:I'd like to see an ant eat a bale of hay.

Doubt that will ever happen,though I did see one carry a round bale one time. They are strong lil sumbitches.

Were you eating 'shrooms? Shocked

Smokin the grass clippins and banana peels! Laughing
avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14152
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  Gary Blair on May 31st 2015, 5:50 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
Gary Blair wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:
Gary Blair wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:Based on the magazine stuff I hope I have this info correct.

Question is...if you were sitting at a stop light in your 3,300# Fox Mustang and some gay LS Chevy guy was in the other lane and you had one block to get it done....3,200 stall converter...which engine would you use?

1] 727 Hp @ 6,400 rpm - 674 lbs. ft. @ 5,000 rpm

2] 652 Hp @ 6,500 rpm - 649 lbs. ft. @ 4,700 rpm

3] 707 Hp @ 6,000 rpm - 694 lbs. ft. @ 4,800 rpm

?

Engine #3 is quite an achiever, it is within 8 HP @ 6000 rpm of the SAMS 532 pump gas P-51 engine. The SAMS P-51 is 715 HP @ 6000 rpm. #3 is better on torque @ 4800 by 40 Ft. Lbs than the P-51. #3 has a 256 flat tappet and the P-51 has a 273/280 roller.


Tom Petty had a song that ~ said....'even the losers get lucky sometimes'.

I'd say the cam the SAM guys had was a bit more than needed to do what this project wanted.

The SCJ FRPP head has a smaller intake valve & port than the P51 deal...that and the shape of the short side radius is very compatible with the typical SFT cam. lifts.

Interesting thought on the Cam. SAMS did test a smaller cam, 260/268 108 .726. They only list peak numbers, 728 for power and 679 Tq.

Tom Petty wins again. Smile

You'll have to forgive me, but I have little knowledge about what the SAMS were trying to get to. Was it about doing a real street engine or about trying to get a big number .

It was a street engine. Sorry to not have mentioned that.
avatar
Gary Blair

Posts : 208
Join date : 2009-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  Gary Blair on May 31st 2015, 5:55 pm

Lem Evans wrote:I'm friggen sick of hearing about what one would want to see. Hence the ant & bale of hay bullshit.

I'd be nice if AFR would deliver......seems it'd be later than sooner.

But, it's been  a cool deal for AFR ........people promoting the product  for years that was not there.    

I doubt if the AFR will affect those that want a traditional CJ style head.

I wouldn't want to meet that ant. No
avatar
Gary Blair

Posts : 208
Join date : 2009-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  738drvr on May 31st 2015, 6:59 pm

[quote="rmcomprandy"]
68formalGT wrote:
gt350hr wrote:
68formalGT wrote:
IDT-572 wrote:I probably shouldn't have done it.

Yes you should have,  this isn't yellow bullet!!!

 Thank God it's not YB.

Lots of good info over there if you can weed through the bs and ls cult mentality.

"My brother's girlfriend's cousin has a friend who knows a guy who did this" and so, it must be true ... that's the kind of crap I remember from over there along with a bunch of opinions and most are inaccurate.

Haven't been there in a couple years and don't ever intend upon going to visit.[/quot


Sissy. The power of the bullet scares another one off. Evil or Very Mad
avatar
738drvr

Posts : 505
Join date : 2010-02-15
Age : 52
Location : Middle Tennessee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  rmcomprandy on June 1st 2015, 4:16 pm

738drvr wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:
68formalGT wrote:
gt350hr wrote:
68formalGT wrote:
IDT-572 wrote:I probably shouldn't have done it.

Yes you should have,  this isn't yellow bullet!!!

 Thank God it's not YB.

Lots of good info over there if you can weed through the bs and ls cult mentality.

"My brother's girlfriend's cousin has a friend who knows a guy who did this" and so, it must be true ... that's the kind of crap I remember from over there along with a bunch of opinions and most are inaccurate.

Haven't been there in a couple years and don't ever intend upon going to visit.[/quot


Sissy. The power of the bullet scares another one off. Evil or Very Mad

YEP ...chased me away.  I just can't accept arrogance, ignorance and stupidity trying to be be passed-off as knowledge.

rmcomprandy

Posts : 5132
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

View user profile http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  Lem Evans on June 1st 2015, 9:01 pm


"It was a street engine. Sorry to not have mentioned that."
Gary Blair

I'd guess I'm wrong but I do not see 271*/279* or 273*/280* @ .050" as being typical 'street' pump gas cams.

Lem Evans

Posts : 7137
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

AFR intake

Post  Carl on November 9th 2015, 1:57 pm

Hey guys, I was able to get some pictures of the new AFR intakes at the SEMA show last week.

Photos here --> http://www.460ford.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1502162&postcount=1

Also, my rep at Diamond Pistons said he has plans to develop a series of pistons for the new heads, and the AFR rep said they're only going to be doing STD and .250 raised exhaust ports, no .625" raised ports as originally planned. STD only on the 270cc, STD and raised .250 on the 285cc, and only .250 raised on the 300cc's.

.

Carl

Posts : 261
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR NEW HEADS

Post  dfree383 on November 9th 2015, 2:44 pm

Carl wrote:Hey guys, I was able to get some pictures of the new AFR intakes at the SEMA show last week.

Photos here --> http://www.460ford.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1502162&postcount=1

Also, my rep at Diamond Pistons said he has plans to develop a series of pistons for the new heads, and the AFR rep said they're only going to be doing STD and .250 raised exhaust ports, no .625" raised ports as originally planned.  STD only on the 270cc, STD and raised .250 on the 285cc, and only .250 raised on the 300cc's.

.

Another year later.......
avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14152
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum