Mid engine Boss

Go down

Mid engine Boss

Post  racnrick on May 18th 2015, 5:52 pm


racnrick

Posts : 462
Join date : 2008-12-03
Age : 61
Location : Puyallup, WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mid engine Boss

Post  bbf-falcon on May 18th 2015, 10:18 pm

Shocked W0W,that baby would bring some $$$$$$ at the auction.

bbf-falcon

Posts : 8992
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Jackson, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mid engine Boss

Post  Mustang-junky on May 19th 2015, 9:37 pm

Hum, If I could get one of those 180 degree motor/trans adapter deals, I would put my 545 under the hatch of my '90 mustang. Cool

Jess
avatar
Mustang-junky

Posts : 422
Join date : 2011-12-04
Location : Central New York. The state, not the city.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mid engine Boss

Post  dfree383 on May 19th 2015, 10:17 pm

Mustang-junky wrote:Hum, If I could get one of those 180 degree motor/trans adapter deals, I would put my 545 under the hatch of my '90 mustang. Cool

Jess

Wouldn't be hard to build......
avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14162
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mid engine Boss

Post  res0rli9 on May 19th 2015, 11:21 pm

Get a oldsmobile toronado front wheel drive trans and an adapter= ezzy-peezzy Smile

OR  get a married transfer case and just use the front shaft.
or get one of them jack shafts that they use in boats.. Ive seen that done a few times.

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3338
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 68
Location : sarasota FL.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mid engine Boss

Post  Mustang-junky on May 20th 2015, 9:20 pm

res0rli9 wrote:Get a oldsmobile toronado front wheel drive trans and an adapter= ezzy-peezzy Smile

OR  get a married transfer case and just use the front shaft.
or get one of them jack shafts that they use in boats.. Ive seen that done a few times.

How durable would the married transfer case be?

I toyed with the idea of trying to make the mustang all wheel drive over last winter. The IFS out of a late model ranger would be a close fit width wise, but looked like it only came with 4.10 gears. Durability would probably have been an issue with That too.

Jess
avatar
Mustang-junky

Posts : 422
Join date : 2011-12-04
Location : Central New York. The state, not the city.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mid engine Boss

Post  res0rli9 on May 20th 2015, 11:40 pm

Mustang-junky wrote:
res0rli9 wrote:Get a oldsmobile toronado front wheel drive trans and an adapter= ezzy-peezzy Smile

OR  get a married transfer case and just use the front shaft.
or get one of them jack shafts that they use in boats.. Ive seen that done a few times.

How durable would the married transfer case be?  

I toyed with the idea of trying to make the mustang all wheel drive over last winter.   The IFS out of a late model ranger would be a close fit width wise, but looked like it only came with 4.10 gears.  Durability would probably have been an issue with That too.

Jess

Have to ask them 4x racer's that.
I think if you only foot braked it , it would be ok with no wheel hop.
Just driving it around would be no problem.

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3338
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 68
Location : sarasota FL.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mid engine Boss

Post  Mustang-junky on May 21st 2015, 9:16 pm

Wouldn't be worth the effort just to drive it around. I'm thinking poor mans quasi supercar.

Jess
avatar
Mustang-junky

Posts : 422
Join date : 2011-12-04
Location : Central New York. The state, not the city.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum