BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone using rail rockers?

+3
Super Snake Steve
maverick
tpndrcn
7 posters

Go down

Anyone using rail rockers? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone using rail rockers?

Post  FalconEh May 23rd 2015, 9:53 pm

maverick wrote:Back to original topic,  I was tossing rail rockers on the scrap pile in 1968.  While they may work oK for their intended purpose, I'm sure they haven't climbed higher on the rocker arm totem pole since then.  The "street/strip" use definitely rules 'em out, IMO.

He already bought them ^^^^ Rolling Eyes
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick May 23rd 2015, 10:00 pm

FalconEh wrote:
maverick wrote:Back to original topic,  I was tossing rail rockers on the scrap pile in 1968.  While they may work oK for their intended purpose, I'm sure they haven't climbed higher on the rocker arm totem pole since then.  The "street/strip" use definitely rules 'em out, IMO.

He already bought them ^^^^ Rolling Eyes

Noted. Just adding a nail to the rail rocker coffin. Laughing
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  tpndrcn May 23rd 2015, 10:23 pm

Well it was just an idea because the whole budget idea was laid out like this, I sold my sbf and trans for $2400. So to keep my wife happy I agreed to not spend more than that to go back to bb setup.Which includes eng.,trans,converter, headers,carb,intake,exhaust,and a the little etc.. stuff. I have a great job and make good money but it came to priority of my family of six (my wife and I and 4 kids) and spending like crazy like I did when I was in highschool. So I was trying to cut some corners to be able to just get my hotrod going again with the bb setup, then upgrade in due time.So that's why I was trying to use some stock stuff.

tpndrcn

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 23rd 2015, 11:30 pm

You can use them but keep the cam real mild and don't try and use heavy springs.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick May 24th 2015, 8:36 am

tpndrcn wrote:Well it was just an idea because the whole budget idea was laid out like this, I sold my sbf and trans for $2400. So to keep my wife happy I agreed to not spend more than that to go back to bb setup.Which includes eng.,trans,converter, headers,carb,intake,exhaust,and a the little etc.. stuff. I have a great job and make good money but it came to priority of my family of six (my wife and I and 4 kids) and spending like crazy like I did when I was in highschool. So I was trying to cut some corners to be able to just get my hotrod going again with the bb setup, then upgrade in due time.So that's why I was trying to use some stock stuff.

Yup. That's hotrodding ain't it? From time to time we all struggle to justify the money we spend on our toys...a bunch of poor guys with a rich man's hobby. I'm not taking shots at your parts choices or budget, but I felt that occasionally flogging rail rockers on a dragstrip was an invitation to heartbreak. Just looking out for you, man. Cheers to you.cheers
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum