BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Jesel Rockers From A Yates Head Work On A C-460 Cylinder head?

3 posters

Go down

Will Jesel Rockers From A Yates Head Work On A C-460 Cylinder head? Empty Will Jesel Rockers From A Yates Head Work On A C-460 Cylinder head?

Post  DaveMcLain June 24th 2015, 5:07 pm

I was wondering if Jesel rockers that were originally used on a Yates head work on a C-460 head. If they will work I have a great big box full of them and I would love to sell. They are assorted ratios.

DaveMcLain

Back to top Go down

Will Jesel Rockers From A Yates Head Work On A C-460 Cylinder head? Empty Re: Will Jesel Rockers From A Yates Head Work On A C-460 Cylinder head?

Post  c.evans June 25th 2015, 12:43 am

you would need to figure out the pivot length or body length. I believe the C-460 heads use an 1850 body length. The Jesel's you have, you may be able to decode with a jesel catalog and the letters that are stamped into them.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Will Jesel Rockers From A Yates Head Work On A C-460 Cylinder head? Empty Re: Will Jesel Rockers From A Yates Head Work On A C-460 Cylinder head?

Post  DanH June 25th 2015, 4:02 am

most Jesel early1.75 pivot, later are 1.85 pivot. push rod offset and stands won't work (both lenght) on intake

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveMcLain June 25th 2015, 12:12 pm

c.evans wrote:you would need to figure out the pivot length or body length.  I believe the C-460 heads use an 1850 body length.  The Jesel's you have, you may be able to decode with a jesel catalog and the letters that are stamped into them.

Charlie

Ok. For instance I just picked up one of the rockers and on the bottom it says DDDL 1.90. Another one says DA2R 2.00

DaveMcLain

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans June 25th 2015, 1:04 pm

Dave,

I don't have the jesel catalog in front of me, and I'm not going to go get one and do the decoding. All those letters and numbers mean something. For example I "think" on that first one, the last DL means dog-leg. Is it an offset rocker?

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveMcLain June 25th 2015, 1:30 pm

I dug out a catalog and it explains what the codes mean.

DaveMcLain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down