BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could I Run Pump Gas??

3 posters

Go down

Could I Run Pump Gas?? Empty Could I Run Pump Gas??

Post  514F-1 August 5th 2015, 8:50 pm

Hey guys, I've got a question.  I've been thinking of running my 514 on Pump gas, rather than race gas, If it will work.  Based on my research, and what I know about the engine, I think that it will.  The engine is a Ford racing 514 crate motor with Cobra Jet heads, .692/.726 cam, Motorsport intake, and a Dominator, that was built by APD for use with 110 (not sure if this matters).  The engine was in the truck when I bought it, and as far as I know, the engine is still the way that it came from Ford, with the exception of an upgraded cam and according to the original owner a little port matching on the intake and heads.  I'm not sure, but I think he may have put some thinner head gaskets on it when he had the heads off, but I am not sure.  I think that the motor should run fine on 93 non ethanol gas,but definately cant afford something to happen to it, so I'm asking here first before trying it.  The reason Im asking is, if I can run pump gas, I see no reason why I should be buying $9.00/gal 110 octane. The previous owner used 110 exclusively in the engine, so thats why I have, but i'm getting tired of buying it, if I dont need it.  Thanks for the advice.

Last edited by 514F-1 on August 5th 2015, 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
514F-1
514F-1

Back to top Go down

Could I Run Pump Gas?? Empty Re: Could I Run Pump Gas??

Post  514F-1 August 5th 2015, 8:50 pm

Also, for those who run pump gas while bracket racing, do you ever have any problems with consistency??
514F-1
514F-1

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 5th 2015, 9:49 pm

I know that engine runs really well on 99 octane, (R+M/2), gasoline ... VP100 "Street Blaze".

(R+M/2), 93 octane might be pushing the envelope a little if the engine has over 140 degree water temp.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  butterbean August 5th 2015, 9:59 pm

Mark, I would try AV gas, its 100LL and I used it in my first engine I built for the T-bird it was a 11.1 429 and a solid roller and it ran fine, I would find your local small air strip and get like 10 gallons and give it a try, or you can try my carb its set up for E-85 and all you will have to do is bolt it on and put the E-fuel in, and with E-85 it I'll be it runs faster and cooler too!!!!!!
butterbean
butterbean

Back to top Go down

Post  514F-1 August 5th 2015, 10:26 pm

Thanks for the replies Randy and Butterbean. I may give the VP 100 or the Av gas a try. I'm not ready to make the E-85 switch just yet, since there is not a local station very close to me yet. We do have an airport 10 mins from the house, so the av gas would be an easy experiment.
514F-1
514F-1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down