Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  FalconEh on October 11th 2015, 12:57 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ME TOO^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
avatar
FalconEh

Posts : 1424
Join date : 2014-08-21
Location : on the blacktop or in the mountains ????

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  bruno on October 11th 2015, 2:55 pm

well , i have been driving the car , remeber this deal is completelu stock , not even a tune and it is wicked fast. If i had to guees the car lost atleast 150-180 lbs. the factory manifolds on these are very restritive, so we might have gained 30-40 hp with the new exhaust.

P.S. Thanks resident SS guy for the baseline setting on the struts and shocks. I can even leave pretty hard even on the stock 20" tires Twisted Evil
avatar
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10575
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 45
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

View user profile http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  gmsmkr on October 11th 2015, 7:53 pm

cheers let us know when you go play.... I will show up for support
avatar
gmsmkr

Posts : 1364
Join date : 2014-06-22
Location : alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  69F100 on October 13th 2015, 12:02 am

bruno wrote:well , i have been driving the car , remeber this deal is completelu stock , not even a tune and it is wicked fast. If i had to guees the car lost atleast 150-180 lbs. the factory manifolds on these are very restritive, so we might have gained 30-40 hp with the new exhaust.

P.S. Thanks resident SS guy for the baseline setting on the struts and shocks. I can even leave pretty hard even on the stock 20" tires Twisted Evil

get some track times before you tune it with upgrades for we can see how much it helps
avatar
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5126
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 51
Location : Irwinville Ga.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  bruno on October 13th 2015, 11:10 am

69F100 wrote:
bruno wrote:well , i have been driving the car , remeber this deal is completelu stock , not even a tune and it is wicked fast. If i had to guees the car lost atleast 150-180 lbs. the factory manifolds on these are very restritive, so we might have gained 30-40 hp with the new exhaust.

P.S. Thanks resident SS guy for the baseline setting on the struts and shocks. I can even leave pretty hard even on the stock 20" tires Twisted Evil

get some track times before you tune it with upgrades for we can see how much it helps

will do , just trying to find time Very Happy
avatar
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10575
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 45
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

View user profile http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  69F100 on October 13th 2015, 12:06 pm

bruno wrote:
69F100 wrote:
bruno wrote:well , i have been driving the car , remeber this deal is completelu stock , not even a tune and it is wicked fast. If i had to guees the car lost atleast 150-180 lbs. the factory manifolds on these are very restritive, so we might have gained 30-40 hp with the new exhaust.

P.S. Thanks resident SS guy for the baseline setting on the struts and shocks. I can even leave pretty hard even on the stock 20" tires Twisted Evil

get some track times before you tune it with upgrades for we can see how much it helps

will do , just trying to find time Very Happy

I know how that is mine sitting on ready but no time right now to go
avatar
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5126
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 51
Location : Irwinville Ga.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  bruno on October 15th 2015, 9:10 am

looks like I need to do some welding on this rear end asap before I hit the track !!! there have been some horror stories with this 8.8 at this weight and slicks .....
avatar
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10575
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 45
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

View user profile http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  dfree383 on October 15th 2015, 9:13 am

bruno wrote:looks like I need to do some welding on this rear end asap before I hit the track !!! there have been some horror stories with this 8.8 at this weight and slicks .....

I'd be looking at a 9" upgrade........
avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14083
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  bruno on October 15th 2015, 9:16 am

dfree383 wrote:
bruno wrote:looks like I need to do some welding on this rear end asap before I hit the track !!! there have been some horror stories with this 8.8 at this weight and slicks .....

I'd be looking at a 9" upgrade........


trying to weigh in on my options. These deals can get out of hand really quick....dollar wise..... plus ive really been enjoying driving this thing around on the street.
avatar
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10575
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 45
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

View user profile http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  dfree383 on October 15th 2015, 9:54 am

bruno wrote:
dfree383 wrote:
bruno wrote:looks like I need to do some welding on this rear end asap before I hit the track !!! there have been some horror stories with this 8.8 at this weight and slicks .....

I'd be looking at a 9" upgrade........


trying to weigh in on my options. These deals can get out of hand really quick....dollar wise..... plus ive really been enjoying driving this thing around on the street.

Then forget the slicks and keep it off the track.
avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14083
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  supervel45 on October 15th 2015, 10:08 am

bruno wrote:
dfree383 wrote:
bruno wrote:looks like I need to do some welding on this rear end asap before I hit the track !!! there have been some horror stories with this 8.8 at this weight and slicks .....

I'd be looking at a 9" upgrade........


trying to weigh in on my options. These deals can get out of hand really quick....dollar wise..... plus ive really been enjoying driving this thing around on the street.
What Defree said. I would have left it bone stock, and got another car to tear up at the track.

supervel45

Posts : 3072
Join date : 2013-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  gmsmkr on October 15th 2015, 11:38 am

You didn't get the car to collect it!! make it what you want..... jmo
avatar
gmsmkr

Posts : 1364
Join date : 2014-06-22
Location : alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  bruno on October 15th 2015, 5:28 pm

gmsmkr wrote:You didn't get the car to collect it!!  make it what you want..... jmo

no doubt !!!
avatar
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10575
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 45
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

View user profile http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  supervel45 on October 15th 2015, 6:13 pm

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1540962 One way to get a Shelby in the 10's cheap,LoL.

supervel45

Posts : 3072
Join date : 2013-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  FalconEh on October 15th 2015, 10:02 pm

bruno wrote:
gmsmkr wrote:You didn't get the car to collect it!!  make it what you want..... jmo

no doubt !!!

Or give it to the wife for safe keeping, and build a tube chassis matching clone with a 600+ BBF scratch
avatar
FalconEh

Posts : 1424
Join date : 2014-08-21
Location : on the blacktop or in the mountains ????

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  gmsmkr on November 7th 2015, 9:04 pm

you still braking shit with that low power mod motor Razz
avatar
gmsmkr

Posts : 1364
Join date : 2014-06-22
Location : alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  bruno on November 9th 2015, 12:41 pm

gmsmkr wrote: you still braking shit with that low power mod motor Razz

haha .... otw to north alabama to pic up my rig
avatar
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10575
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 45
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

View user profile http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  gmsmkr on November 9th 2015, 6:14 pm

bruno wrote:
gmsmkr wrote: you still braking shit with that low power mod motor Razz

haha .... otw to north alabama to pic up my rig

Pics when you get it bounce
avatar
gmsmkr

Posts : 1364
Join date : 2014-06-22
Location : alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  bruno on November 11th 2015, 1:10 pm

supervel45 wrote:http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1540962                                                                                                                        One way to get a Shelby in the 10's cheap,LoL.

that is a clean 4 eye !!!
avatar
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10575
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 45
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

View user profile http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  bruno on November 13th 2015, 4:29 pm

gmsmkr wrote:
bruno wrote:
gmsmkr wrote: you still braking shit with that low power mod motor Razz

haha .... otw to north alabama to pic up my rig

Pics when you get it bounce


avatar
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10575
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 45
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

View user profile http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  bruno on November 13th 2015, 4:30 pm

working on the rear end ..... Very Happy


avatar
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10575
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 45
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

View user profile http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  yellowhorse7 on November 13th 2015, 6:00 pm

This is a legitimate post...
avatar
yellowhorse7

Posts : 1382
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 92
Location : Polk County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  bruno on November 14th 2015, 11:11 pm

yellowhorse7 wrote:This is a legitimate post...


ARB done , heading to the track tomorrow. we will get some baseline #s
avatar
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10575
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 45
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

View user profile http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  res0rli9 on November 15th 2015, 1:30 am

Well!!!....

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3337
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 68
Location : sarasota FL.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno's Street/Strip GT500 build

Post  torino501 on November 15th 2015, 1:52 pm

What headers did you go with. ive ran the AR headers on the 2010 I had. ive sold my lightning and ive got a 2012. lookin at some headers but I don't know if I want to loose one of my plums for another set. ive been lookin at the dynatechs...

torino501

Posts : 375
Join date : 2013-05-08
Location : THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum