BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where can ind some baic info on SCJ Kasses head porting?

+2
rmcomprandy
ED468
6 posters

Go down

Where can  ind some baic info on SCJ Kasses head porting? Empty Where can ind some baic info on SCJ Kasses head porting?

Post  ED468 October 3rd 2015, 8:28 am

I have a Idea from reading about them, there from ford motorsport , he paid over $2100 for them so I hope they atleast have the valves backcut lol. I read about short turn and bowl work on one side i beleive to help straighten port. Any ifo be apreciated for a mild port job. Trying to help good friend get in the 5s Smile

ED468

Back to top Go down

Where can  ind some baic info on SCJ Kasses head porting? Empty Re: Where can ind some baic info on SCJ Kasses head porting?

Post  rmcomprandy October 3rd 2015, 9:59 am

You'll find that where you really need to remove metal, you can't ... unless you like hitting water jacket.

You can still get them up near 400 cfm though.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Where can  ind some baic info on SCJ Kasses head porting? Empty porting.

Post  ED468 October 3rd 2015, 12:03 pm

Thanks for the warning !!. LOL. I just hoping for 375-380 CFM. Only .680 lift cam and runs only 1/8 mile like most have to around here. Just needs about 30 hp without hurting 60ft. times to hit a high 5. Only a bracket car but likes going faster every yr like most of us Smile. Undercutting valves and short turn work should get him that. If he's got the p/v clearance I like to have him mill the heads .040.

ED468

Back to top Go down

Where can  ind some baic info on SCJ Kasses head porting? Empty Re: Where can ind some baic info on SCJ Kasses head porting?

Post  68galaxie October 3rd 2015, 2:53 pm

What intake manifold and carb is he running?
Work on the manifold may be an easier route to pick up 30 HP.

Cheers
68galaxie
68galaxie

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans October 3rd 2015, 7:37 pm

Getting 375-385 cfm on a SCJ FRPP head does not require getting after the short side.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr October 4th 2015, 10:04 am

Lem Evans wrote:Getting 375-385 cfm on a SCJ FRPP head does not require getting after the short side.  

Will a simple 30deg back cut on the valves and some pocket porting get them in the 385cfm range?
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Where can  ind some baic info on SCJ Kasses head porting? Empty heads

Post  ED468 October 4th 2015, 12:34 pm

Back cut help mostly mid lift numbers. I'll have to see a bowl/head  in person to really get personal lol. Will study bowl first then short turn and maybe rounding/widening the short turn. Will use probe and flow bench to help decide. Want great mid to 700 lift numbers like in average. Not concentrating on high numbers, Car can't loose anymore bottom end or won't be as fun to drive and in the 1/8 its hard to make up 60 ft. loss. He,s footbraking which dont help. Will do a little work to exhaust since thats straight forward without enlarging it. He got too big of a intake on it but paid over $400 Mafia and likes it. Hes running a 750 Domi I worked to flow around 1100 cfm with converting back to wet flow #s. I bet a victor would pick 501 up with mild 268 @ .050 .680 cam but he wants to keep domi on for now. Just HIS mph is no better then with the heavy big valve Iron ported ten yr. ago before I really learned the heads. Sixty the same now he hooking probably do from 80 pounds off the nose and adjustable uppers installed to free rear from the urathane bushing on top which I heard will bind. He running about exactly same ET now but with less weight and definately hooking better should of showed up on ET. Too bad my Victor aint a Domi or i would let him try it. He needs to up the compression to gain torque and a bigger cam to take fit the induction system and a victor intake IMO. But friends only listen so much lol. Hes picken out his parts so be easy on me lol. His compression is 12.5 but would love 13.5 Smile Hes not running near as good as my ported  TFS Streets, but combo aint matched and converter might have to be loosened, but wont help if the torque aint there.

ED468

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans October 4th 2015, 8:06 pm

gmsmkr wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:Getting 375-385 cfm on a SCJ FRPP head does not require getting after the short side.  

Will a simple 30deg back cut on the valves and some pocket porting get them in the 385cfm range?

I'd depend on how a guy would define "some" Smile

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Where can  ind some baic info on SCJ Kasses head porting? Empty porting kasse

Post  ED468 October 5th 2015, 11:37 am

Sounds like the pocket where it needs it most. I beleive short turn radius work might be for upper lifts? I'm hoping some line of sight work and blending pockets be enough. I find it harder to make excellent torque then high end HP numbers. Wish I got the chance to play with a 1/4 mile motor once where #s rule. Big Dominator ,big headers, LOTS DUR. and so on Smile

ED468

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 October 5th 2015, 5:37 pm

Short side is the last place I touch..............What Lem told you is correct and those numbers will be close to peaking at .600 lift.

If torque is what you say your wanting, that advise is spot on. You don't even need to touch the port.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  68galaxie October 5th 2015, 6:16 pm

The right camshaft for it would be another place I would look instead of the heads themselves.
Get more aggressive with the camshaft lobe type, and bump up compression.
Those two will make more torque.
68galaxie
68galaxie

Back to top Go down

Where can  ind some baic info on SCJ Kasses head porting? Empty SCJ

Post  ED468 October 6th 2015, 7:07 am

Thanks IDT, 68. I agree just wasnt completely sure about the short but figured working on it as to laying it back more would benifit HIGH lifts. Usely that comes at a price of low lift and some mid lift numbers. I read several times Scott's (Mad porter) LTD build and he worked the sides of the short turn and got good numbers by .560 lift. I know a bench is only a tool but I like to see decent numbers to .650 lift with .680 cam. I agree I wont be touching port LOL, He didnt know what how big they were when he ordered them. More Flow without increasing port size should raise cylinder pressures and help torque the way I always have looked at it. Its a bracket car and doesnt want alot of maintainance, Yes a aggresive cam slamming the intake closed would help torque alot with the right parts. When I get them I'll no more i think I have been pointed in the right direction, Thanks again

ED468

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans October 6th 2015, 8:14 pm

Get to 385 cfm @ ~.600" w/o jacking with  the SSR and then decide what you may want to get @ .700". for the loss @ .300"- .500"

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Where can  ind some baic info on SCJ Kasses head porting? Empty SCJ

Post  ED468 October 6th 2015, 10:40 pm

I see exactly what your saying LEM. Thanks for the warning. I will be at my friends shop with flow bench and probe and stuff and watching for mid loss. But Sounds like You already know above .600 the average # flow starts to fall off and thats exactly what I dont want. These heads sound like a different animal then other heads Smile. But sure cant complain about 380 cfm at .600. If it got good velocity I cant see in the engine the port not carring on the flow at higher lift like .680-lash .660ish actual. This sounds to easy to be true. The Procomps I worked on to around 360cfm still got me all frustrated lol. Told him hope the springs dont fall through lol.

ED468

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down