BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New here from the Motor City

3 posters

Go down

New here from the Motor City Empty New here from the Motor City

Post  Lazarustorino October 23rd 2015, 7:55 pm

Hello all.  The good people at 351c.net referred me here and said you guys could help me out.  I spent the last year and a half building a Cleveland engine for my 72 Gran Torino, blew it up a couple times, but I have it running like a champ now.  The transition to a big block all came about from a visit to Milan Dragway, where my step son found out he's old enough to race on the track.  Since then my wife has, surprisingly, been encouraging me to upgrade to big block power to make the car respectable and competitive.  Two weeks ago I bought a bare 460 block that is already bored .060 over, and a set of D3 heads... may or may not use them but the price was right.  I'm inspired by a recent couple of episodes on power block tv where they stroked a 460 out to 570ish and got around 750 hp out of it on pump gas.  I still have to take the block to the shop and have it inspected and cleaned... but I'm looking forward to my new winter project.  the car I'm putting it in currently has a 9 inch rear with 4:30 gears, and a detroit locker, a c4 auto trans, and that's about it unless you count thirty year old drag shocks and aluminum racing wheels.  I brought this car back from the dead after a buddy of mine left it sitting in his yard for ten years (hence the name "lazarus").  Looking forward to learning a lot and sharing my project here.
Lazarustorino
Lazarustorino

Back to top Go down

New here from the Motor City Empty Re: New here from the Motor City

Post  69F100 October 23rd 2015, 11:21 pm

Welcome to the best BBF site on the interweb lots of engine builder here that can get you where you want to be we have some guys on here making big HP on pump gas north of the 750 mark. affraid
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

New here from the Motor City Empty Re: New here from the Motor City

Post  bigblockfox468 October 28th 2015, 11:44 am

Welcome aboard fellow Michigander.
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR