BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what is the correct way to weigh a car?

3 posters

Go down

what is the correct way to weigh a car? Empty what is the correct way to weigh a car?

Post  Larry T November 10th 2015, 9:28 pm

at sgmp my car weighed 3100 on what seemed to be a conventional scale or normal scale were you pull the whole car on the scale.the last race I went to in Knoxville I had to add 150lbs to make weight of 3250 I did this before I went to the track.after first round they weighed the car and said I was 70lbs lite.the scales they had was the scales you use to check the 4 corners weight when setting up a car but only used 2 of the scales.you pulled the front tires on the scales took a reading and then put the rear tires on then took another reading.

bottom line I think it was flawed because the front end of the car was on an encline and then pulled up on a flat to do the rear of the car.
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

what is the correct way to weigh a car? Empty Re: what is the correct way to weigh a car?

Post  dr's wife racing November 10th 2015, 9:39 pm

Best way I know is just a set of coventional car scales. Weigh all four corners at that the same time. Most any of the digital scales should weigh it fine. We have a couple of sets that we pass around among our group. They both weigh my car in a couple pounds. I've learned a lot about my car scaling it.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

what is the correct way to weigh a car? Empty Re: what is the correct way to weigh a car?

Post  dr's wife racing November 10th 2015, 9:40 pm

Best way I know is just a set of coventional car scales. Weigh all four corners at that the same time. Most any of the digital scales should weigh it fine. We have a couple of sets that we pass around among our group. They both weigh my car in a couple pounds. I've learned a lot about my car scaling it.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 November 10th 2015, 10:24 pm

3300 Twisted Evil
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T November 11th 2015, 10:05 pm

yellowhorse7 wrote:3300 Twisted Evil

yea baby twin prochargers=3000+hp Wink
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 November 12th 2015, 11:32 am

Larry T wrote:
yellowhorse7 wrote:3300 Twisted Evil

yea baby twin prochargers=3000+hp Wink

That'd be one hell of a pulley/drive system. I'll stick to nitrous
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down