BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No more Nitro Plate

+10
maverick
billandlori
cool40
Mike R
514F-1
SandHillsHillbilly
TravisRice
jasonf
dfree383
jones
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

No more Nitro Plate Empty No more Nitro Plate

Post  jones November 23rd 2015, 11:33 am

I just received This email!

Good morning,

We`re not doing re-tail anymore

Calvin Tyus
General  Manager
ctyus@servitechindustries.com
Servitech Industrries, Inc.
550 Brick Church Park Drive
Nashville, TN. 37207

I can't believe they stop! I guess they got all they can handle from the automakers.
Who do I use for my headers now? Is Jet Hot any good?

jones

Back to top Go down

No more Nitro Plate Empty Re: No more Nitro Plate

Post  dfree383 November 23rd 2015, 11:54 am

Jet hot is fine
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf November 23rd 2015, 11:57 am

Did you copy and paste that response?
We`re not doing re-tail anymore wrote:
Tards can't even spell??

They suck anyways. Consider yourself better off.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice November 23rd 2015, 1:22 pm

QC Coatings in Michigan is who I use. Better finish product and a fair amount cheaper. Bill is a good guy. I think Randy Malick can vouch for them also.

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  SandHillsHillbilly November 23rd 2015, 4:11 pm

Well that sucks.
L and L Products hasn't had any nickel coated headers since forever so I was going to get a painted set for the Bronco and send them to be Nitro Plated.

Be interested in seeing who you find to plate them.
SandHillsHillbilly
SandHillsHillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  514F-1 November 23rd 2015, 9:12 pm

I had my headers done by Nitro Plate, and they I am very pleased. Would've sent another set their way in a heartbeat, if true, sorry to see them go. I cant help but think that this e-mail that the OP received is a little fishy though...
514F-1
514F-1

Back to top Go down

Post  jones November 23rd 2015, 9:35 pm

I sent him another two emails and looked up the company. They are the parent company of Nirto Plate now. There website is still up though, maybe they are just doing it through dealers like Fab Shop.

Fab Shop should be able to give us the DL if someone wanted to call them and ask.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  jones November 23rd 2015, 9:37 pm

514F-1 wrote:I had my headers done by Nitro Plate, and they I am very pleased.  Would've sent another set their way in a heartbeat, if true, sorry to see them go.  I cant help but think that this e-mail that the OP received is a little fishy though...

Please call them and find out for sure if they are no longer doing headers for Joe public.

I just called their phone number and it said commercial accounts, then it only offered existing orders. I don't have time during the day to call but it sounds like they are finishing up the existing orders.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  514F-1 November 23rd 2015, 11:32 pm

jones wrote:
514F-1 wrote:I had my headers done by Nitro Plate, and they I am very pleased.  Would've sent another set their way in a heartbeat, if true, sorry to see them go.  I cant help but think that this e-mail that the OP received is a little fishy though...

Please call them and find out for sure if they are no longer doing headers for Joe public.

I just called their phone number and it said commercial accounts, then it only offered existing orders. I don't have time during the day to call but it sounds like they are finishing up the existing orders.

I will see what I can find out. BTW, I meant no disrespect to your post, I believe that you received the e-mail, I was just wondering for sure if it was legit. Just wanted to clarify that it was not you that I was doubting. I am slightly concerned about this, as my headers are only 10 mos old, and they were supposed to have a 3 year warranty, I hope if I need it, they will honor it... Neutral
514F-1
514F-1

Back to top Go down

Post  jones November 23rd 2015, 11:51 pm

514F-1 wrote:
jones wrote:

I will see what I can find out.  BTW, I meant no disrespect to your post, I believe that you received the e-mail, I was just wondering for sure if it was legit.  Just wanted to clarify that it was not you that I was doubting.  I am slightly concerned about this, as my headers are only 10 mos old, and they were supposed to have a 3 year warranty, I hope if I need it, they will honor it... Neutral

I understand and appreciate the clarification.

I'd hate to have been told some trumped up story as the man that sent the email in question never responded back to my last two emails. I did send them another hoping for them to explain what is going on and confirm that there is no way possible for people to get their headers coated. Its just hard for me to make personal calls during the work day and not expect to be quizzed on the context of my phone call.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R November 24th 2015, 1:38 am

From their website http://nitroplate.com/

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  514F-1 November 24th 2015, 11:38 am

Mike R wrote:From their website http://nitroplate.com/

Looks like its true...appears maybe they were bought out by a bigger co. Seems more and more like that's not a good thing...
514F-1
514F-1

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 November 24th 2015, 3:02 pm

514F-1 wrote:

Looks like its true...appears maybe they were bought out by a bigger co.  Seems more and more like that's not a good thing...
they will either close it down or move. I drive twice as far to get welding supplies and such becouse all the local places were bought up and closed by Airgas. Now they bought the small place I been using a few years,O well. Airgas sucks ASS!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jones November 24th 2015, 4:08 pm

cool40 wrote:
514F-1 wrote:

Looks like its true...appears maybe they were bought out by a bigger co.  Seems more and more like that's not a good thing...
they will either close it down or move. I drive twice as far to get welding supplies and such becouse all the local places were bought up and closed by Airgas. Now they bought the small place I been using a few years,O well. Airgas sucks ASS!

There I thought Airgas only sucked in the State of Mississippi!

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf November 24th 2015, 6:01 pm

cool40 wrote:
514F-1 wrote:

Worse than that a couple years ago Airgass raised their prices substantially screwing all their loyal customers. They told me that so A hole decided that the entire country should pay the same price as California. Now if it were any other business I would just shop elsewhere ( and I do every chance I can) but I have Airgas cylinders for my welder and if I need a cyl right now I have to go to airgas and pay 3x what the other welding shops charge. Anywhere else I have to wait a week while they send my bottle out to be filled.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori November 24th 2015, 6:54 pm

jasonf wrote:
cool40 wrote:
514F-1 wrote:

Worse than that a couple years ago Airgass raised their prices substantially screwing all their loyal customers. They told me that so A hole decided that the entire country should pay the same price as California. Now if it were any other business I would just shop elsewhere ( and I do every chance I can) but I have Airgas cylinders for my welder and if I need a cyl right now I have to go to airgas and pay 3x what the other welding shops charge. Anywhere else I have to wait a week while they send my bottle out to be filled.

The TSC stores here in Canada have an exchange program. I use it for my MIG gas. Not sure if the US stores have the same thing...

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  jones November 24th 2015, 8:07 pm

I think the mafia must own Air Gas. I have the same problems with getting cylinders filled. What happened that caused the other shops to have to send the bottles off? I can understand if it has to be certified.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick November 24th 2015, 9:29 pm

jones wrote:
cool40 wrote:
514F-1 wrote:

There I thought Airgas only sucked in the State of Mississippi!

They suck in Alabama, too. Small town, only welding gases for a million miles is at Airgas. True, some Tractor Supply stores have a cylinder exchange deal...unfortunately, my local store does not.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 November 24th 2015, 9:37 pm

The price of doing business with Airgas was double that of where I went to.the guy at Airgas tried to swap me a smaller bottle the last time I went in the place.i bitched and he said it had the same amount of gas as the big bottle? confused I asked him wtf they sold big bottles for!He got the right size and sent me on my way and I noticed the price and never went back. I am also 99% sure I had a big bottle of argon leak out or was empty when I got it from them. F$&k AIRGAS!!!! I'm going on down the street to the next place,even if it cost more!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jones November 25th 2015, 12:01 am

I just received this email. It was nice for him to reply as he could have just ignored my email.

"Joshua:

After +10 years of providing coating services to the individual customer, there hasn’t been a single year the NitroPlate retail business has shown a profit. Further, the business model of maintaining a credit card service, chasing deadbeats claiming sales tax exemptions, and the everyday interruptions in our primary business, the OEM automotive industry, has been a nightmare.

I am sincerely sorry that we cannot allow “walk-in, drop-off in the lobby” trade – particularly, at the prices that were quoted by its manager, a well respected person in the racing industry. We are applying our coatings for companies that can accumulate inventory, manage the payment requirements and systematically, provide an even distribution or impact to our operations. We can provide a list of these companies if you are interested.

We maintain the NitroPlate website for a variety of reasons including its resource for material engineers in the automotive, oil & gas, and other industries demanding extreme corrosion performance, durability and high temperature applications.

I appreciate your understanding – and again, no one is more sorry about this sad ordeal than me.

Forrest"

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  jones November 25th 2015, 12:13 am

cool40 wrote:The price of doing business with Airgas was double that of where I went to.the guy at Airgas tried to swap me a smaller bottle the last time I went in the place.i bitched and he said it had the same amount of gas as the big bottle? confused I asked him wtf they sold big bottles for!He got the right size and sent me on my way and I noticed the price and never went back. I am also 99% sure I had a big bottle of argon leak out or was empty when I got it from them. F$&k AIRGAS!!!! I'm going on down the street to the next place,even if it cost more!

I would have been insulted and might have got hot with a man that knowingly tried to take me as a fool!

I have a large cylinder I keep for my mig welder and four giant tanks for the cutting torch. As little as I use the torch they last me over a year if not two!

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf November 25th 2015, 3:50 pm

cool40 wrote:The price of doing business with Airgas was double that of where I went to.the guy at Airgas tried to swap me a smaller bottle the last time I went in the place.i bitched and he said it had the same amount of gas as the big bottle? confused I asked him wtf they sold big bottles for!He got the right size and sent me on my way and I noticed the price and never went back. I am also 99% sure I had a big bottle of argon leak out or was empty when I got it from them. F$&k AIRGAS!!!! I'm going on down the street to the next place,even if it cost more!

I have actual AirGas bottles. For years I had the original one I bought which was still in great condition then. I would just go down there and they would fill it while I waited. Then they went to swapping them out. You get some old beat up bottle but you never have to worry about your valve expiring or needing changed. If you go to any non AirGas place they will not exchange your bottle because their bottles are a different brand. It doesn't seem like anybody fills them while you wait anymore so I have to drop it off, they ship it out and and once a week the truck comes back. AirGas won't fill any other bottles than AirGas bottles, they say there are too many lower quality/grade bottles out there now. It is just a big welding pissing match where the consumer is getting f'd. So, I am stuck with Airgas or have to wait. Problem with that is when you need gas you are usually in the middle of a project not just sitting around. Also, a couple years ago I needed another bottle and Airgas does not sell them anymore. They want you to lease them. I have had my bottle for 20 some years, that would cost a fortune in lease payments. They are also too darn expensive to just go buy another one from a different gas company. Next time I buy one I am going to buy a huge one that will last 10 years at the rate I use it.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf November 25th 2015, 3:51 pm

As far as Nitro plate if you google Nitro Plate sucks my post is number 2 in the list. I used to be number 1 darnit.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jones November 25th 2015, 4:11 pm

Jet hot contacted me, during the quote process they said that the polished finish won't work with my engine setup. They said the exhaust temps are liable to get too hot.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick November 25th 2015, 7:06 pm

jasonf wrote:

I have actual AirGas bottles. For years I had the original one I bought which was still in great condition then. I would just go down there and they would fill it while I waited. Then they went to swapping them out. You get some old beat up bottle but you never have to worry about your valve expiring or needing changed. If you go to any non Air^o sit downGas place they will not exchange your bottle because their bottles are a different brand. It doesn't seem like anybody fills them while you wait anymore so I have to drop it off, they ship it out and and once a week the truck comes back. AirGas won't fill any other bottles than AirGas bottles, they say there are too many lower quality/grade bottles out there now. It is just a big welding pissing match where the consumer is getting f'd. So, I am stuck with Airgas or have to wait. Problem with that is when you need gas you are usually in the middle of a project not just sitting around. Also, a couple years ago I needed another bottle and Airgas does not sell them anymore. They want you to lease them. I have had my bottle for 20 some years, that would cost a fortune in lease payments. They are also too darn expensive to just go buy another one from a different gas company. Next time I buy one I am going to buy a huge one that will last 10 years at the rate I use it.

Be sure to sit down before they quote you the price on that huge bottle. We wouldn't want you to hit your head on your way to the floor.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next