Junkyard Wars Race Numero Uno - Thunder Valley Raceway Park

Go down

Junkyard Wars Race Numero Uno - Thunder Valley Raceway Park

Post  BigBlockRanger on December 14th 2015, 3:24 pm

We are going this week, but here is the pics from the first race last Saturday.

http://www.stephaniejohnsonphotography.com/p496826958

Some really crazy stuff. Looks like a blast. Can't wait!

I dig this one!
avatar
BigBlockRanger

Posts : 693
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 47
Location : Amarillo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Junkyard Wars Race Numero Uno - Thunder Valley Raceway Park

Post  billandlori on December 14th 2015, 6:11 pm

BigBlockRanger wrote:We are going this week, but here is the pics from the first race last Saturday.

http://www.stephaniejohnsonphotography.com/p496826958

Some really crazy stuff. Looks like a blast. Can't wait!

I dig this one!

That one will keep the tech guy busy for a while lol!!

Bill
avatar
billandlori

Posts : 2081
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 49
Location : Stratford, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Junkyard Wars Race Numero Uno - Thunder Valley Raceway Park

Post  richter69 on December 14th 2015, 8:24 pm

I shoulda built one just so i could have put a giant cock on the roof.....
avatar
richter69

Posts : 13645
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 47
Location : In the winners circle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Junkyard Wars Race Numero Uno - Thunder Valley Raceway Park

Post  maverick on December 14th 2015, 8:38 pm

billandlori wrote:
BigBlockRanger wrote:We are going this week, but here is the pics from the first race last Saturday.

http://www.stephaniejohnsonphotography.com/p496826958

Some really crazy stuff. Looks like a blast. Can't wait!

I dig this one!

That one will keep the tech guy busy for a while lol!!

Bill

.....and the fire crews, too.
avatar
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3051
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Junkyard Wars Race Numero Uno - Thunder Valley Raceway Park

Post  Mark Miller on December 15th 2015, 1:09 am

I wouldn't want to work at that track and pick up the junk falling off those cars after they make a pass!!! Smile Smile Smile

Mark Miller

Posts : 1299
Join date : 2009-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Junkyard Wars Race Numero Uno - Thunder Valley Raceway Park

Post  BigBlockRanger on December 15th 2015, 10:07 am

This is our car.



A gutted 1998 Regal GS.  Supercharged 3800.  We didn't go as nuts as some teams because we ended up kinda liking it.  lol

Seems to run good now.   Biggest challenge was the fact it did not run when we bought it.  No keys, no fuel pump, body control module kaput, had to defeat the VATS (which was a HUGE pain in the butt). We did some ECM tweaks to make it run on E85 in order to run more timing and combat detonation.

We call it the "Grand Irrational" because:

1. It's a Regal
2. It's white instead of black
3. It's fwd instead of rwd
4. It's supercharged instead of turbocharged.
avatar
BigBlockRanger

Posts : 693
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 47
Location : Amarillo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Junkyard Wars Race Numero Uno - Thunder Valley Raceway Park

Post  cheatham on December 15th 2015, 1:15 pm

We went, my wife's team won 50.00 and third, most consistent time in a v6 camaro.
First went to a 78 mercury with a 460 and a 150 shot of notrous. Ran mid 13's!!
Pretty fun
avatar
cheatham

Posts : 267
Join date : 2009-08-07
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Junkyard Wars Race Numero Uno - Thunder Valley Raceway Park

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy on December 16th 2015, 12:14 pm

BigBlockRanger wrote:We are going this week, but here is the pics from the first race last Saturday.

http://www.stephaniejohnsonphotography.com/p496826958

Some really crazy stuff. Looks like a blast. Can't wait!

I dig this one!

Gotta love that fuel tank strap.
Looks like window trim.
avatar
83-88T-Bird Guy

Posts : 965
Join date : 2008-12-03
Age : 103
Location : Bardstown, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Junkyard Wars Race Numero Uno - Thunder Valley Raceway Park

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy on December 16th 2015, 12:16 pm

BigBlockRanger wrote:This is our car.



A gutted 1998 Regal GS.  Supercharged 3800.  We didn't go as nuts as some teams because we ended up kinda liking it.  lol

Seems to run good now.   Biggest challenge was the fact it did not run when we bought it.  No keys, no fuel pump, body control module kaput, had to defeat the VATS (which was a HUGE pain in the butt). We did some ECM tweaks to make it run on E85 in order to run more timing and combat detonation.

We call it the "Grand Irrational" because:

1. It's a Regal
2. It's white instead of black
3. It's fwd instead of rwd
4. It's supercharged instead of turbocharged.

That's cool.
Does the Regal have a 4 1/2 inch bolt pattern like a Ford or did you have to modify the wheels or hubs ?
avatar
83-88T-Bird Guy

Posts : 965
Join date : 2008-12-03
Age : 103
Location : Bardstown, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Junkyard Wars Race Numero Uno - Thunder Valley Raceway Park

Post  BigBlockRanger on December 16th 2015, 2:15 pm

The Regal is 5 on 112mm. This is close enough to the Mustang 114.3mm that these guys use Mustang wheels all the time.

avatar
BigBlockRanger

Posts : 693
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 47
Location : Amarillo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Junkyard Wars Race Numero Uno - Thunder Valley Raceway Park

Post  BigBlockRanger on December 21st 2015, 4:11 pm

Dang, that was a lot of fun.  We finished in 6th.  Our car had potential, but our drivers/technique didn't.  haha  Took us several passes to figure out how to make it launch and that killed our average.  We ran some t-n-t after the 5 rounds they used to determine you average and if we could have used a couple of those passes we could have been as high as 3rd.  Best run was a 13.51 @ 100.  1.93 60 foot.  Had to really baby it off the line or it would just spin, hit 5750 rpm and shift to 2nd. (which was the case on the first few laps)

Top 10.

91 C4 Bomb Squad 13.5418 (TPI Corvette, N20)
63 Bewsted Yak 13.5662 (L67 GTP)
55 Dirty Sanchez 13.8534 (BBF powered Lincoln, N2O)
69 The Winner 13.8766 (Mark VIII, N2O)
77 3/4 of a Grand Prix 14.2312 (turbo GP)
6 Grand Irrational 14.3562 (us)
59 DeathStar 14.793 (Northstar n/a)
78 The Green Weenie 15.1154
98 Shake n Break 15.1622
71 The Avenger 15.2155

Car has more in it. I think the blower belt may be slipping costing us some boost though.

Next race is in March!  Maybe it will be warmer!!!!

avatar
BigBlockRanger

Posts : 693
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 47
Location : Amarillo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum