BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internal Parts Details and Preference Questions/Availability

5 posters

Go down

Internal Parts Details and Preference Questions/Availability  Empty Internal Parts Details and Preference Questions/Availability

Post  FalconEh February 5th 2016, 10:05 pm

Prior to assembly ordering parts questions, preferences & availability (vendors here) stk blk stroker AL head street/strip.

Cam bearings - Durabond c/w #1/2 351C #1 Others ?
Oil Pump Drive...Make/pn ?
Main bearings...Clevite/King others ?
Pushrod size (OD/wall)/ make ?
Rings for NOS Make/type of each with detail ?
NOS Head gaskets ?
Windage tray preference (have Canton and Milodon)
Did FRPP make a roller cam for a std cam bearing

Thanks

Damn if this computer gets any slower I am going to have to buy and SLAP a bow-tie decal on it.
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Internal Parts Details and Preference Questions/Availability  Empty Re: Internal Parts Details and Preference Questions/Availability

Post  supervel45 February 5th 2016, 10:37 pm

http://www.roushyatesparts.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/ford_racing_camshafts.pdf I think the A514 cam is.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Internal Parts Details and Preference Questions/Availability  Empty Re: Internal Parts Details and Preference Questions/Availability

Post  FalconEh February 5th 2016, 11:09 pm

Good info Thanks!
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr February 5th 2016, 11:30 pm

Cam bearings - Durabond c/w #1/2 351C #1 Others ?>>>> give randy a call @ RM.comp tell him you want a set of wide cam bearings.

Oil Pump Drive...Make/pn ? >>>> ARP 154-7903

Main bearings...Clevite/King others ? >>>>> I like Clevite

Pushrod size (OD/wall)/ make ?>>>>> .080 wall ( I have comp and trends in mine )

Rings for NOS Make/type of each with detail ?>>>> total seal AP FTW

NOS Head gaskets ? >>>>A good MLS is all you need

Windage tray preference (have Canton and Milodon) >>>>> mine is made in the pan ( screen type ) moroso pan
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 6th 2016, 1:56 am

Most everything you mention has several avenues where good parts are available and from there it is merely personal preference.

Yes ... FRPP had a roller cam for standard bearings. Formerly they used it in their 514/521 crate engines and you could buy the cam with lifters separately.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh February 6th 2016, 6:02 pm

Thanks Mike & Randy for chiming in appreciated, the devil is in the details I want to get it right.

Randy I am sending you a PM
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveMcLain February 6th 2016, 7:34 pm

Most of the time I use either a King or Federal Mogul main bearing but really whatever gives you the clearance that you want is fine. I use the stock replacement Melling oil pump drive shafts and I think that the ARP piece is a waste of money. For rings I've had good results from most sources including Mahle and Sealed Power. I really like the Cometic gaskets and as long as you finish the decks without much "tooth" they work great and you can use them over and over again with a shot of copper coat. I never use a Clevite cam bearing but the Dura bond are fine and with flat tappets I've also had good results from using the Engine Tech bearings.

DaveMcLain

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh February 7th 2016, 1:57 am

Thanks Dave
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down