BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

got a strange feeling about this bearing?

+4
gt350hr
manofmerc
cool40
rancheronut
8 posters

Go down

got a strange feeling about this bearing? Empty got a strange feeling about this bearing?

Post  rancheronut February 24th 2016, 11:49 pm

while swapping out my low mileage 429 crank & pistons with standard rods for 460 crank with CJ rods .i ordered a re ring kit on line like I have done for last 20 yrs.  when I ordered them,they say in all adds that there Occasionally we will substitute quality brand names in our engine kits.
when the kit  arrived instead of hasting rings and clevite bearings like I have many time in the past got ? it had rings& bearings in box's from engine tech company.
first red flag is the  iroc I know nascar drops years ago,so how could the being a official supplier?
second red flag is when I  emailed the company about them, I get a replay that it same parts, there just rebox of the stuff I wanted.
I know there not the same as what I ordered but I figure I would ask any of you have use parts from this enginetech company?
how is there product's .

Last edited by rancheronut on February 24th 2016, 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding words)
rancheronut
rancheronut

Back to top Go down

got a strange feeling about this bearing? Empty Re: got a strange feeling about this bearing?

Post  cool40 February 25th 2016, 12:48 am

I used some engine tec stuff years ago with OK results. Be sure and check clearance on everything .
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

got a strange feeling about this bearing? Empty No trouble

Post  manofmerc February 25th 2016, 6:11 am

I used engine tech rod bearings in my 427 .They miced alright and have been trouble free.

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

got a strange feeling about this bearing? Empty Re: got a strange feeling about this bearing?

Post  gt350hr February 25th 2016, 11:42 am

Reboxing happens ALL the time. I have used many of their products without any issue at all. Bearings are usually Clevite and rings from Hastings /Mahle/Perfexct Circle -Dana. Good stuff bought in huge quantities and packaged in EngineTech boxes. Napa has done the same thing for years as have others.

gt350hr

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 25th 2016, 11:50 am

What are the numbers on the actual bearings? That will tell us the mfr. of the parts.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane February 25th 2016, 9:52 pm

rancheronut wrote:...i ordered a re ring kit on line like I have done for last 20 yrs...when the kit  arrived instead of hasting rings and clevite bearings...it had rings& bearings in box's from engine tech company.
first red flag.....
I know there not the same as what I ordered but I figure I would ask any of you have use parts from this enginetech company...
Engine Tech (ET) is not a manufacturer, they are simply a parts house supplier that distibutes rebuild kits for the engine rebuilding industry.  The brand name parts are purchased in bulk then just packaged in ET boxes.  It's the exact same bearing, ring set, etc, only determined by which major brand name manufacture last sent them product.  Frankly it wouldn't surprise me to learn that ET probably sells more bearings for Clevite than Clevite themselves sell.
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rancheronut February 25th 2016, 11:26 pm

Lem Evans wrote:What are the numbers on the actual bearings? That will tell us the mfr. of the parts.

first box is bb618jstd. the second box is bc341std. the 3box is r43658dstd
rancheronut
rancheronut

Back to top Go down

Post  rancheronut February 25th 2016, 11:31 pm

Paul Kane wrote:
rancheronut wrote:...i ordered a re ring kit on line like I have done for last 20 yrs...when the kit  arrived instead of hasting rings and clevite bearings...it had rings& bearings in box's from engine tech company.
first red flag.....
I know there not the same as what I ordered but I figure I would ask any of you have use parts from this enginetech company...
Engine Tech (ET) is not a manufacturer, they are simply a parts house supplier that distibutes rebuild kits for the engine rebuilding industry.  The brand name parts are purchased in bulk then just packaged in ET boxes.  It's the exact same bearing, ring set, etc, only determined by which major brand name manufacture last sent them product.   Frankly it wouldn't surprise me to learn that ET probably sells more bearings for Clevite than Clevite themselves sell.

so with all that buying, then repackaging things in bulk going on. it kind a gives me feeling did I get the right part in the right box because no markings in the bearings them self's. sound like to many hands in the cookie jar.
rancheronut
rancheronut

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 26th 2016, 10:46 am

rancheronut wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:What are the numbers on the actual bearings? That will tell us the mfr. of the parts.

first box is bb618jstd. the second box is bc341std. the 3box is r43658dstd

Again, what was actually on the actual bearing not the box. I have never seen a bearing with absolutely nothing on it.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveMcLain February 26th 2016, 3:09 pm

Engine Tech sells King bearings. The numbers on the boxes are from their own numbering system. They are fine bearings and I use them all the time.

DaveMcLain

Back to top Go down

Post  rancheronut March 13th 2016, 10:52 pm

got a strange feeling about this bearing? Dsc00615
got a strange feeling about this bearing? Dsc00616

well I got my answer last night when I went to assembly my short block. not using this stuff. I reorder the Clevite Bearings MS1039V like I wanted in the first place.
rancheronut
rancheronut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down