BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who makes a stub distributor (need it it turns oil pump only) F.I. Motor

+2
windsor
Trentrent
6 posters

Go down

Who makes a stub distributor (need it it turns oil pump only) F.I. Motor Empty Who makes a stub distributor (need it it turns oil pump only) F.I. Motor

Post  Trentrent March 15th 2016, 9:50 pm

Gents,
Using a Holley Dominator Fuel injection system with 8 individual coil packs. I gave a Wet sump oil pump, so I need a "stub" distributor for the oil pump shaft to mesh with the cam gear. Anyone know who makes one?

Thanks

Trentrent

Back to top Go down

Who makes a stub distributor (need it it turns oil pump only) F.I. Motor Empty Re: Who makes a stub distributor (need it it turns oil pump only) F.I. Motor

Post  windsor March 15th 2016, 11:34 pm

Just the drive - http://www.pricemotorsport.com/html/body_oil_pump_drives.html

As a cam sync - http://www.pricemotorsport.com/html/body_camshaft_synchronizer.html
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Who makes a stub distributor (need it it turns oil pump only) F.I. Motor Empty Re: Who makes a stub distributor (need it it turns oil pump only) F.I. Motor

Post  gt350hr March 16th 2016, 10:23 am

Use one for a 351W and change the gear.

gt350hr

Back to top Go down

Post  Trentrent March 17th 2016, 11:57 am

Thank you.

Trentrent

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 17th 2016, 11:00 pm

We like using the one with a cam sync or just cut up an MSD billet distributor that you can buy online used for dirt cheap and build a cap for it and use an msd magnetic cam sync that you put into the cam gear. Easy stuff.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 March 20th 2016, 12:33 am

X2,on the Bill Price part. Bill is a good guy.
I am investigating a KFM offering for my belt drive distributor guys who run a wet sump. About a month away.
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf March 25th 2016, 12:16 am

I used the Price Motorsports one. If you have gone to all the trouble of 8 coils you might as well get a cam sensor. I could be wrong but I thought you need cam and crank sensor for individual cylinder timing control with the Holley unit.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down