BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D0VE head and compression q's

4 posters

Go down

D0VE head and compression q's Empty D0VE head and compression q's

Post  Chopperchip March 24th 2016, 8:25 pm

Well, it's come time to start piecing a motor together. Found a 3y crank, it's coming. Going .030 over, need to find some good rods. This motor is for my dragster which I'm going tonbrackrt race until I build money up to build a big cube motor. I'm going to use d0ve heads. I'd like to run 11+ compression with these heads. Is that feasable? And what pistons can make that happen? And do I use stock size valves or run bigger on those heads, and if I do go bigger, what size? I'm not spraying the motor. Im just building a consistent runner for a light weight vehicle. Should weigh around 1750 with me in when I'm done. Also, what number rods should I be looking for? I'm looking forward to this project. I posted pics in the dragster forum under 225 suncoast dragster. Also running a glide with a 411 rear. 33" tall slick. Thank you for all the input you all have already given me here. I will post pictures weekly of the build. Spending this weekend pulling body panels off And going through the chassis front to back. Will post

Chopperchip

Back to top Go down

D0VE head and compression q's Empty Re: D0VE head and compression q's

Post  supervel45 March 25th 2016, 12:43 am

Chopperchip wrote:Well, it's come time to start piecing a motor together. Found a 3y crank, it's coming. Going .030 over, need to find some good rods. This motor is for my dragster which I'm going tonbrackrt race until I build money up to build a big cube motor. I'm going to use d0ve heads. I'd like to run 11+ compression with these heads. Is that feasable? And what pistons can make that happen? And do I use stock size valves or run bigger on those heads, and if I do go bigger, what size? I'm not spraying the motor. Im just building a consistent runner for a light weight vehicle. Should weigh around 1750 with me in when I'm done. Also, what number rods should I be looking for? I'm looking forward to this project. I posted pics in the dragster forum under 225 suncoast dragster. Also running a glide with a 411 rear. 33" tall slick. Thank you for all the input you all have already given me here. I will post pictures weekly of the build. Spending this weekend pulling body panels off And going through the chassis front to back. Will post
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=wallace%20racing%20compression%20calculator
You can run your compression numbers here. Stock DOVES are around 72cc's. Flattop piston valve reliefs are about 6cc's, be sure and follow the instructions on dish and popup pistons as it is backwards from what it seems. If you deck the block to around 0 and shave the heads some with flattops you can be around 12/1 compression if you want. The 2.25" or slightly smaller intake valves are used in DOVES all the time with 1.71 to 1.76 exhaust but be carefull on sizing because clipping may be an isssue, at least it was on the old A429CJ heads. If it is nothing to radical a lot of people run Scat or Eagle and some even get by with well prepped stock rods usually with a bolt upgrade. Sounds like a nice budget build by the way.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 27th 2016, 6:46 am

If you are buying new pistons why not put some good domes on them to get the comp. up in the 14.1 range for the most power. That way you can run big cj valves. Clipping with the valves weren't a problem w/Doves,just some batches of early A429's to my knowledge.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr March 27th 2016, 12:11 pm

Most the DOVE heads I have run across was in at 75cc range

Some good stock truck rods with arp bolt upgrade will go along way even with heavy trw pistons with a good solid flat tappet cam and around 13-14 comp range it will be a good runner in a pipe rack
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down