BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox body back half, triangulated 4 link.

2 posters

Go down

Fox body back half, triangulated 4 link. Empty Fox body back half, triangulated 4 link.

Post  fordguy69 April 21st 2016, 9:31 pm

Doing a back half on a 1987 Mustang GT for a old school pro street deal.  Planning for the frame rails to be 24" on center. so that car will be able to fit 14x32 or thereabouts.  I have been looking at doing a triangulated four link so it won't need a panhard, watts or diagonal.  This is a street deal, no racing.

I think the only way to get enough angle on the uppers with these narrow rails is to do like the 4wd dudes do and place the inside upper mounting point on the upper bars on the very top of the 9" housing right next to one another and splay them out to the frame rails.  I think that would give me enough angle and make the upper bars long enough.  Like this: http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/4LK-OPT1.html

Looking at the Morrison tri 4's and others they all seem to place the upper bars down on the axle tubes along the axle shaft axis.  

So what problems would I encounter mounting them up higher?  

Any input chassis guys?

Last edited by fordguy69 on April 21st 2016, 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added info.)

fordguy69

Back to top Go down

Fox body back half, triangulated 4 link. Empty Re: Fox body back half, triangulated 4 link.

Post  DILLIGASDAVE April 22nd 2016, 3:31 am

Putting the top housing 4-link mounts/brackets on the very top of the housing will mean the frame/floor over the rear housing will probably have to be installed higher in the car/off the ground to clear the mounts during suspension travel.

And mounting them that close together might cause a little more body-roll to happen.

Also since the top-rear mounts/brackets will be higher than normal, the top-front chassis mounts/bracket's height placement will probably also need to be moved/adjusted some to hit the same number of usable I/C points as before.

DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down