Scored a 390 GT Carburetor Yesterday

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scored a 390 GT Carburetor Yesterday

Post  supervel45 on May 3rd 2016, 5:24 am

If Anybody Needs one for a correct restoration let me know.

supervel45

Posts : 3047
Join date : 2013-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scored a 390 GT Carburetor Yesterday

Post  supervel45 on May 3rd 2016, 5:44 am

I believe this Carburetor is also a correct replace/model for a 289 HiPo.

supervel45

Posts : 3047
Join date : 2013-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scored a 390 GT Carburetor Yesterday

Post  bbf-falcon on May 8th 2016, 1:32 am

The 390 gt carb was 4150 and the 289 hipo was 4100 series. but both were 600 cfm if my memory serves me correctly.

bbf-falcon

Posts : 8992
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Jackson, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scored a 390 GT Carburetor Yesterday

Post  supervel45 on May 8th 2016, 11:47 am

bbf-falcon wrote:The 390 gt carb was 4150 and the 289 hipo was 4100 series. but both were 600 cfm if my memory serves me correctly.

I'm not positive on the 289 HiPo deal either, someone referenced it as such but, I think you are likely correct. I am sure on the 1966-67 ( Date Code 692 ) GT 390 Automatic part as I checked it myself from reliable sources. It's not rare like a 428 Shelby or 428 PI Carb. but, would make a nice runner for someone who did not want to spend a fortune and wants a 600cfm with dual metering blocks and catheral center hung bowls. It came with 3310 3310-1 or so metering blocks and a 750 base plate which I am using on something else like a 3310 or 3310-1, so if anyone has the correct metering blocks let me know. I think I found a base plate that can be made correct with a Ford throttle shaft or Arm?

supervel45

Posts : 3047
Join date : 2013-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scored a 390 GT Carburetor Yesterday

Post  gt350hr on May 9th 2016, 6:49 pm

supervel45 wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:The 390 gt carb was 4150 and the 289 hipo was 4100 series. but both were 600 cfm if my memory serves me correctly.

I'm not positive on the 289 HiPo deal either, someone referenced it as such but, I think you are likely correct. I am sure on the 1966-67 ( Date Code 692 ) GT 390 Automatic part as I checked it myself from reliable sources. It's not rare like a 428 Shelby or 428  PI Carb. but, would make a nice runner for someone who did not want to spend a fortune and wants a 600cfm with dual metering blocks and catheral  center hung bowls. It came with 3310 3310-1 or so metering blocks and a 750 base plate which I am using on something else like a 3310 or 3310-1, so if anyone has the correct metering blocks let me know. I think I found a base plate that can be made correct with a Ford throttle shaft or Arm?

I have some of the stuff you need. You may want to look at epay listings before putting time and effort into it so you don't invest more than it's worth. 289 HiPos used a 4100 Autolite for all three years. The only exception was the Shelbys which used the 715. It was common "back then" to put the 390 GT carb on 289s as it "looked cool" compared to the ugly 4100.

gt350hr

Posts : 402
Join date : 2014-08-20
Location : Anaheim , CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scored a 390 GT Carburetor Yesterday

Post  supervel45 on May 10th 2016, 2:38 am

gt350hr wrote:
supervel45 wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:The 390 gt carb was 4150 and the 289 hipo was 4100 series. but both were 600 cfm if my memory serves me correctly.

I'm not positive on the 289 HiPo deal either, someone referenced it as such but, I think you are likely correct. I am sure on the 1966-67 ( Date Code 692 ) GT 390 Automatic part as I checked it myself from reliable sources. It's not rare like a 428 Shelby or 428  PI Carb. but, would make a nice runner for someone who did not want to spend a fortune and wants a 600cfm with dual metering blocks and catheral  center hung bowls. It came with 3310 3310-1 or so metering blocks and a 750 base plate which I am using on something else like a 3310 or 3310-1, so if anyone has the correct metering blocks let me know. I think I found a base plate that can be made correct with a Ford throttle shaft or Arm?

    I have some of the stuff you need. You may want to look at epay listings before putting time and effort into it so you don't invest more than it's worth. 289 HiPos used a 4100 Autolite for all three years. The only exception was the Shelbys which used the 715. It was common "back then" to put the 390 GT carb on 289s as it "looked cool" compared to the ugly 4100.

I hear what you are saying as they only fetch about 2 Bills all correct. I just listed the main body and vacuum pod as they bring decent money by themselves. I can use the other parts for other builds and it all works out good, needed some float bowls any way, and really need some 750-780 Vacuum secondary base plates bad. Lost two already to damage in shipping. Thanks for you offer and I could use a purge vent lever for another carb. if you have one, also need the spring for it but, I have the hold down and screw.

supervel45

Posts : 3047
Join date : 2013-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum