BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Converter...Best Guess :shock:

3 posters

Go down

Random Converter...Best Guess :shock: Empty Random Converter...Best Guess :shock:

Post  FalconEh May 27th 2016, 11:52 pm

Here I am trying to cut a corner for the budget, sbf street car conversion to bbf, no validated weight number as of yet, it has never been scaled only a best guess. Next add a bbf and no true measure of hp only a best guess, finally add the juice and only... yes a best guess. Do I slap it together and flywheel dyno it, scale it and fill in the blanks, or slap it together and install a known good converter and chassis dyno and scale it, or slap it together with a good known converter hit the track make a few passes and make...wait for it ...my best guess at the converter. I usually have more info, and dyno time is limited and expensive in these parts, and I just want it to be in the zone, not going for the #1 plate so to speak. (hillbilly icon)
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Random Converter...Best Guess :shock: Empty Re: Random Converter...Best Guess :shock:

Post  ultimatelenny May 28th 2016, 9:40 am

If it is at least a 9" converter, I would go with option 2. Install it and get to the track and get some data. Are there any stampings on the converter?
ultimatelenny
ultimatelenny

http://www.ultimateconverter.com

Back to top Go down

Random Converter...Best Guess :shock: Empty Re: Random Converter...Best Guess :shock:

Post  FalconEh May 28th 2016, 12:37 pm

ultimatelenny wrote:If it is at least a 9" converter, I would go with option 2. Install it and get to the track and get some data. Are there any stampings on the converter?

Thank you Lenny,
I have two 10" 3500 and one 8" 5500 2 are rebuilt, all are TCS converters for C6, as for the stampings the 8" is 588 the non rebuilt 10" is 2998 and the rebuilt 10" is currently in the car behind the small block.
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  ultimatelenny May 28th 2016, 1:08 pm

Start with the fresh 10"
ultimatelenny
ultimatelenny

http://www.ultimateconverter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 May 28th 2016, 3:54 pm

Slap the 10" in and hit the track. If you don't like it go from there. Cool

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh May 28th 2016, 8:13 pm

ultimatelenny wrote:Start with the fresh 10"

Ten-Four Thanks!
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down