BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tubes no Tubes

+3
cool40
maverick
Tore
7 posters

Go down

Tubes no Tubes Empty Tubes no Tubes

Post  Tore July 4th 2016, 12:36 pm

How many of your guys run without tubes??? DO you notice the sidewall breaking down any quicker without the tubes??

Pros and cons???

Thanks Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Tubes no Tubes Empty Re: Tubes no Tubes

Post  maverick July 4th 2016, 2:44 pm

If your car is heavy, tubes may be a big help in both hook and tire survival. I don't use them but my heap isn't very heavy, either.

Without tubes your slicks will probably leak down some. Not a big deal at the track but storing the car will probably mean frequently adding air or keeping the car off the ground. Coating the inside of the tire with dish soap before mounting will help minimize air loss.

Fwiw, Hoosiers seem to hold air the best...but I wouldn't choose a tire just for that reason.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 July 4th 2016, 9:59 pm

I will never run without tubes again. I've did all the soap tricks and glue on the screws etc....and they always leaked down! The older they get the faster they leak! My experience is with M/T and good year though Cool
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick July 4th 2016, 10:16 pm

The 32x16 Hoosiers currently on my car are absolutely the best I've seen at holding air. I race the car with 7.5 psi in the slicks. The car sat in the garage for over 2 months and still had 7 psi in 'em....no soap, no sealer, no tubes. Shocked
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 July 4th 2016, 10:28 pm

maverick wrote:The 32x16 Hoosiers currently on my car are absolutely the best I've seen at holding air.  I race the car with 7.5 psi in the slicks. The car sat in the garage for over 2 months and still had 7 psi in 'em....no soap, no sealer, no tubes. Shocked
I've always heard they were far better at holding air than the others. I may try some if I ever have any trouble with the M/T but they sure do a good job,with tubes! Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick July 5th 2016, 11:44 am

cool40 wrote:
maverick wrote:The 32x16 Hoosiers currently on my car are absolutely the best I've seen at holding air.  I race the car with 7.5 psi in the slicks. The car sat in the garage for over 2 months and still had 7 psi in 'em....no soap, no sealer, no tubes. Shocked
I've always heard they were far better at holding air than the others. I may try some if I ever have any trouble with the M/T but they sure do a good job,with tubes! Laughing

Don't go fixin' stuff that works! Wink
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt July 5th 2016, 12:15 pm

No tubes, and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I have a set of soaped M/T's that hold air better than most peoples trailer tires.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDave65 July 6th 2016, 1:06 am

I ran tubes until I had a valve stem ripped out of one in the 3rd round of a race about 20 years ago. Never ran them since!
BigDave65
BigDave65

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon July 30th 2016, 12:35 am

I've ran tubes and ran w/o .Ive always had good luck w/dish soap in the ones w/o.The new Toyo's I have on Tweety now don't have tubes or dish soap .Best slick I have ever owned.w/o leaks

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore July 30th 2016, 9:25 am

Well I bought tubes and new tires will see how it works.

Tks Guys Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh July 30th 2016, 11:30 am

Tubes, with wheels screwed and a generous helping of talc powder, it seems most of the tube failures I was witness to didn't do one or the other.
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down