Fuel line/ hose type ?

Go down

Fuel line/ hose type ?

Post  whitefield on July 8th 2016, 1:45 pm

Ok guys got the one hot rod up and going and the fuel line ( stainless steel rubber liner) started leaking yesterday.

So now here is my question or questions. Fuel system is a returnable type fuel lines are ran on outside of vehicle.
Do I run Teflon lined stainless steel rapped braided fuel line or do I run rubber stainless steel rapped braided fuel line ?

Also what are you guys thoughts on a nylon braided rubber fuel line / hose? Ratting for this is 300 psi and 250 degrees.

Fuel to be used is gas.
I also never thought to much about it until this happened.

Thanks
whitefield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuel line/ hose type ?

Post  69F100 on July 8th 2016, 7:08 pm

whitefield wrote:Ok guys got the one hot rod up and going and the fuel line ( stainless steel rubber liner) started leaking yesterday.

So now here is my question or questions. Fuel system is a returnable type fuel lines are ran on outside of vehicle.
Do I run Teflon lined stainless steel rapped braided fuel line or do I run rubber stainless steel rapped braided fuel line ?

Also what are you guys thoughts on a nylon braided rubber fuel line / hose? Ratting for this is 300 psi and 250 degrees.

Fuel to be used is gas.
I also never thought to much about it until this happened.

Thanks

If you going to run pump gas I would use nylon the pump gas now days eats rubber lines up.
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DFI429 on July 9th 2016, 4:12 am

The teflon-lined stuff is impermiable (and the best, but expensive), and will last virtually forever.  Rubber will fail, eventually, and especially with any fuel of a alcohol-based additive
DFI429

View user profile http://home.comcast.net/~dfi429/

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield on July 20th 2016, 4:33 pm

How many of you guys run this style fuel line/ hose ?
Also would you be comfortable running it underneath the full length of vehicle?

http://www.russellperformance.com/mc/hose/proclassic.shtml

Never used it before and was also wondering for those who do or have used it. What you guys thought about it and if you felt safe running it? Thanks Whitey.
whitefield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper on July 20th 2016, 7:53 pm

I would rather use traditional stainless braided line everywhere in the car. That's what we put on all our card and customers cars.

whatbumper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield on July 21st 2016, 10:44 pm

I am going to the speed shop in the morning to exchange the fuel hose for the steel braided hose. Thanks for the input .
whitefield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE on July 22nd 2016, 5:50 am

Under the car the S/S braided stuff will hold up to a lot more external wear/abuse than the nylon braided stuff.
DILLIGASDAVE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Pearce on September 4th 2016, 11:05 am

How old is the leaking fuel line? I found from my own experience that it needs to be replaced every three to five years. Before ethanol fuels, my fuel lines on my Model A street rod (460 cu. in) lasted five years before I started experiencing fuel leaks, but I'm now getting fuel line failures after three years using 93 octane pump gas with ethanol. I tried 91 octane ethanol free pump gas, and my 545 doesn't like it!

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Wayne Pearce

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum