Going 1.58 gear

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Going 1.58 gear

Post  chuck on July 20th 2016, 11:50 pm

Getting a 1.58 installed next week. Looking for some opinions on rear gear, stock susp 1/8 mile racing.

chuck

Posts : 414
Join date : 2009-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going 1.58 gear

Post  richter69 on July 21st 2016, 10:11 am

What tire and rear gear now?
avatar
richter69

Posts : 13635
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 46
Location : In the winners circle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going 1.58 gear

Post  chuck on July 21st 2016, 9:48 pm

richter69 wrote:What tire and rear gear now?
28x10.5 3.89 gears.I talk to K Szabo he said the 3.89 would be close.

chuck

Posts : 414
Join date : 2009-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going 1.58 gear

Post  dr's wife racing on July 22nd 2016, 9:59 am

Depends on your power and NOS use. I have a 3.55 in mine right now
avatar
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 1612
Join date : 2009-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going 1.58 gear

Post  rmcomprandy on July 22nd 2016, 11:17 am

chuck wrote:Getting a 1.58 installed next week. Looking for some opinions on rear gear, stock susp 1/8 mile racing.

Get the multiplied starting line gear ratio right and the rest will fall into place.

What ratio did you have before and how did the vehicle leave...?

rmcomprandy

Posts : 4660
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

View user profile http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Going 1.58 gear

Post  chuck on July 22nd 2016, 12:52 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:Depends on your power and NOS use. I have a 3.55 in mine right now
What your best 60ft?

chuck

Posts : 414
Join date : 2009-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going 1.58 gear

Post  chuck on July 22nd 2016, 12:54 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
chuck wrote:Getting a 1.58 installed next week. Looking for some opinions on rear gear, stock susp 1/8 mile racing.

Get the multiplied starting line gear ratio right and the rest will fall into place.

What ratio did you have before and how did the vehicle leave...?
1.80 with 3.89 rear. Best 60 so far was1.19. We make 1050hp on motor, and 400 with a plate system.

chuck

Posts : 414
Join date : 2009-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going 1.58 gear

Post  whatbumper on July 22nd 2016, 1:06 pm

Make high gear happy.  I'd go with a 4.10 with slick. We run 4.30 with radial but we dont need the wheel speed the slick needs.

Your setup sounds close to our limited cars and we 60' 1.08-1.12 on radial with that formula.

whatbumper

Posts : 3020
Join date : 2009-11-11
Age : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going 1.58 gear

Post  noslo533 on July 22nd 2016, 2:44 pm

heres my combo.. 3100lb bbf makes around 900 on motor 350 hit 3.70 rear gear 4800 stall, 6000 on nos. best 60 .13 will go consistent 1.16 low 4.90s leaving at 40% for .5 with a fogger.. I tried 4.10 became a wheelie wagon, moved bars blew tires off, changed again wheelied down track. felt faster but never eted like the 3.70s, changed back right back to where we were.. goes thru at 6600 going 146 goijng to up the tune when the weather cools off. don't like racing in the heat...Good Luck

noslo533

Posts : 28
Join date : 2015-04-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going 1.58 gear

Post  rmcomprandy on July 22nd 2016, 2:56 pm

chuck wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:
chuck wrote:Getting a 1.58 installed next week. Looking for some opinions on rear gear, stock susp 1/8 mile racing.

Get the multiplied starting line gear ratio right and the rest will fall into place.

What ratio did you have before and how did the vehicle leave...?
1.80 with 3.89 rear. Best 60 so far was1.19. We make 1050hp on motor, and 400 with a plate system.

Judging by what you had...
a 4.10 to 4.30 would be about right.

rmcomprandy

Posts : 4660
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

View user profile http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Going 1.58 gear

Post  whatbumper on July 22nd 2016, 3:29 pm

noslo533 wrote:heres my combo.. 3100lb bbf makes around 900 on motor 350 hit 3.70 rear gear 4800 stall, 6000 on nos. best 60 .13 will go consistent 1.16 low  4.90s leaving at 40% for .5 with a fogger.. I tried 4.10 became a wheelie wagon, moved bars blew tires off, changed again wheelied down track. felt faster but never eted like the 3.70s, changed back right back to where we were.. goes thru at 6600 going 146 goijng to up the tune when the weather cools off. don't like racing in the heat...Good Luck

If you are really running 146 you have enough mph to be running high 70's.

whatbumper

Posts : 3020
Join date : 2009-11-11
Age : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going 1.58 gear

Post  noslo533 on July 22nd 2016, 3:37 pm

whatbumper wrote:
noslo533 wrote:heres my combo.. 3100lb bbf makes around 900 on motor 350 hit 3.70 rear gear 4800 stall, 6000 on nos. best 60 .13 will go consistent 1.16 low  4.90s leaving at 40% for .5 with a fogger.. I tried 4.10 became a wheelie wagon, moved bars blew tires off, changed again wheelied down track. felt faster but never eted like the 3.70s, changed back right back to where we were.. goes thru at 6600 going 146 goijng to up the tune when the weather cools off. don't like racing in the heat...Good Luck

If you are really running 146 you have enough mph to be running high 70's.

Your right I'm lying never done anything... I'm out.. SMDH

noslo533

Posts : 28
Join date : 2015-04-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going 1.58 gear

Post  whatbumper on July 22nd 2016, 5:33 pm

noslo533 wrote:
whatbumper wrote:
noslo533 wrote:heres my combo.. 3100lb bbf makes around 900 on motor 350 hit 3.70 rear gear 4800 stall, 6000 on nos. best 60 .13 will go consistent 1.16 low  4.90s leaving at 40% for .5 with a fogger.. I tried 4.10 became a wheelie wagon, moved bars blew tires off, changed again wheelied down track. felt faster but never eted like the 3.70s, changed back right back to where we were.. goes thru at 6600 going 146 goijng to up the tune when the weather cools off. don't like racing in the heat...Good Luck

If you are really running 146 you have enough mph to be running high 70's.

Your right I'm lying never done anything... I'm out.. SMDH

Not saying you're lying, don't get your undies in a wad.  Saying that you have a lot left in your front half and might want to fiddle with your setup.  With that MPH on that tire you should front half between a 3.10 and 3.13 if you're not then you're leaving a lot of et on the table.

whatbumper

Posts : 3020
Join date : 2009-11-11
Age : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going 1.58 gear

Post  DILLIGASDAVE on July 23rd 2016, 4:35 am

whatbumper wrote:...........Not saying you're lying, don't get your undies in a wad.........

Heh, damn internet misunderstandings.
avatar
DILLIGASDAVE

Posts : 2112
Join date : 2009-08-08
Location : Texas. pronounced "texASS"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going 1.58 gear

Post  Lem Evans on July 23rd 2016, 10:47 am

On March 9, 2016 noslo533 sent me a text. It is a picture of one of his time slips. It reads:

1.201
3.271
4.960
145.59

He said it was a 44/28 tune...whatever that is....and said the 60' was soft due to the run being during a street car tnt session.

Lem Evans

Posts : 6825
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Going 1.58 gear

Post  richter69 on July 23rd 2016, 12:05 pm

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:
whatbumper wrote:...........Not saying you're lying, don't get your undies in a wad.........

Heh, damn internet misunderstandings.
No doubt
avatar
richter69

Posts : 13635
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 46
Location : In the winners circle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going 1.58 gear

Post  cool40 on July 23rd 2016, 2:23 pm

Lem Evans wrote:On March 9, 2016 noslo533 sent me a text. It is a picture of one of his time slips. It reads:

1.201
3.271
4.960
145.59

He said it was a 44/28 tune...whatever that is....and said the 60' was soft due to the run being during a street car tnt session.
it would appear like whatbumper could be correct. study
avatar
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 6962
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 46
Location : on the 1/8 mile dyno

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going 1.58 gear

Post  Lem Evans on July 23rd 2016, 3:13 pm

cool40 wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:On March 9, 2016 noslo533 sent me a text. It is a picture of one of his time slips. It reads:

1.201
3.271
4.960
145.59

He said it was a 44/28 tune...whatever that is....and said the 60' was soft due to the run being during a street car tnt session.
it would appear like whatbumper could be correct. study

I never said he was wrong Smile

Per this post from March it seems noslo knows that there is et to be had from better short times.

http://www.429-460.com/t24256-finally-4s

Lem Evans

Posts : 6825
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Going 1.58 gear

Post  dr's wife racing on July 23rd 2016, 4:29 pm

Sorry lost track of post. Low 1.20 to mid teens. Mine is not fully sorted yet.
avatar
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 1612
Join date : 2009-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going 1.58 gear

Post  NoSlo5.0 on July 23rd 2016, 5:31 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
cool40 wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:On March 9, 2016 noslo533 sent me a text. It is a picture of one of his time slips. It reads:

1.201
3.271
4.960
145.59

He said it was a 44/28 tune...whatever that is....and said the 60' was soft due to the run being during a street car tnt session.
it would appear like whatbumper could be correct. study

I never said he was wrong Smile

Per this post from March it seems noslo knows that there is et to be had from better short times.

http://www.429-460.com/t24256-finally-4s

Its been quicker and faster with a lesser tune after I changed converters..but motor is coming out and we wont be able to see where it could go.. this wasn't a max effort type deal. Never hurt anything, except a plug strap once.. the guys I know running ultra are going to less gear and going quicker as they fine more power.. those guys run sb's.. With lems Help I'm building a max effort motor and were gonna see how fast she can now...

NoSlo5.0

Posts : 12
Join date : 2009-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going 1.58 gear

Post  chuck on July 25th 2016, 11:10 pm

I'll have some feed back in a couple weeks.

chuck

Posts : 414
Join date : 2009-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going 1.58 gear

Post  whatbumper on July 26th 2016, 2:10 am

Looking forward to hearing your results.  I'm really fond of that planet as we sell more than our fair share of them. We attempt to keep four on the shelf but that is not easy these days.

whatbumper

Posts : 3020
Join date : 2009-11-11
Age : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum