Other Ford 460 site ...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  rmcomprandy on Sat 23 Jul - 0:33

Unless I am temporarily on some strange computer somewhere, I will never go visiting that site again.
They have passed an infection to my laptop for the last time ... this is twice to much. Once could be an aberration but, twice in one year is just bad management of the site and who/what is going on there. Evil or Very Mad

rmcomprandy

Posts : 4980
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

View user profile http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  billandlori on Sat 23 Jul - 0:49

There sure is some strange bugs going around lately....

Bill
avatar
billandlori

Posts : 2081
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 48
Location : Stratford, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  richter69 on Sat 23 Jul - 1:01

Aint been there in years
avatar
richter69

Posts : 13645
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 47
Location : In the winners circle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  DILLIGASDAVE on Sat 23 Jul - 3:24

I read the horror stories over there about how hard it was for some to update their required new passwords after the data hack. For grins I decided to see how much of a cluster fuuk it actually was to update my password. I clicked "forgot password", got the email, got in & zip-zip it was done in no time. I guess how the site works from day to day over there is either feast or famine. Razz
avatar
DILLIGASDAVE

Posts : 2173
Join date : 2009-08-08
Location : Texas. pronounced "texASS"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  billandlori on Sat 23 Jul - 8:52

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:I read the horror stories over there about how hard it was for some to update their required new passwords after the data hack. For grins I decided to see how much of a cluster fuuk it actually was to update my password. I clicked "forgot password", got the email, got in & zip-zip it was done in no time. I guess how the site works from day to day over there is either feast or famine. Razz

Worked like that for me also, I think I get on there about twice a year lol!! Not much sense in going through the exercise I suppose...

Bill
avatar
billandlori

Posts : 2081
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 48
Location : Stratford, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  cool40 on Sat 23 Jul - 10:19

I look at what's for sale sometimes. Ain't logged in probably in a couple years. Laughing
avatar
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 7135
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 47
Location : on the 1/8 mile dyno

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  Wheelie58 on Mon 25 Jul - 18:49

Randy
Are you sure you didn't pick that infection in Kentucky?
:-)
Keith
avatar
Wheelie58

Posts : 1840
Join date : 2009-08-08
Location : Alpharetta, GA

View user profile http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  dfree383 on Mon 25 Jul - 21:33

Wheelie58 wrote:Randy
Are you sure you didn't pick that infection in Kentucky?
:-)
Keith

Was he hanging out with one of "Charlie's Angles" ????
avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 13968
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  Lem Evans on Tue 26 Jul - 19:02

If one thinks back 10 years and compare the old site is kind of sad. Then again, this joint aint what it used to be either Smile

It's the book facers and other stuff....it is what it is and 'the beat goes on'. cheers

Lem Evans

Posts : 7017
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  cool40 on Tue 26 Jul - 22:52

It's hopefully just a slow time of year but this place is awfully slow anymore. Someone needs to start a pissing match! Laughing
avatar
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 7135
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 47
Location : on the 1/8 mile dyno

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  Chopperchip on Tue 26 Jul - 23:34

I'm new to using forums. This is the first forum I've really started using. I don't care for the other 460 site. Excuse any if my mislocation posts. Still learning. Great forum though

Chopperchip

Posts : 63
Join date : 2016-02-26
Location : Equality,alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  gmsmkr on Wed 27 Jul - 0:01

Seems like it's the same bull shit on face book sites as the other 460 forum always that 1 person that knows everything and no body else is right... man I love this place
avatar
gmsmkr

Posts : 1364
Join date : 2014-06-22
Location : alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  supervel45 on Wed 27 Jul - 9:18

They are not trying to Re-Incarnate that place are they, LoL.

supervel45

Posts : 3067
Join date : 2013-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  HorsinAround on Wed 27 Jul - 15:16

dfree383 wrote:
Wheelie58 wrote:Randy
Are you sure you didn't pick that infection in Kentucky?
:-)
Keith

Was he hanging out with one of "Charlie's Angles" ????

And did she pull her teeth out for a smoother experience?
avatar
HorsinAround

Posts : 1045
Join date : 2009-08-06
Location : North Central Indiana

View user profile http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  bruno on Wed 27 Jul - 17:19

Lem Evans wrote:If one thinks back 10 years and compare the old site is kind of sad. Then again, this joint aint what it used to be either Smile

It's the book facers and other stuff....it is what it is and 'the beat goes on'. cheers

sounds like a good time to sell !!
avatar
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10539
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 45
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

View user profile http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  69F100 on Wed 27 Jul - 17:23

bruno wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:If one thinks back 10 years and compare the old site is kind of sad. Then again, this joint aint what it used to be either Smile

It's the book facers and other stuff....it is what it is and 'the beat goes on'. cheers

sounds like a good time to sell !!



Watch your mouth or your fingers don't make us have to go to Alabama affraid
avatar
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5102
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 51
Location : Irwinville Ga.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  QtrWarrior on Wed 27 Jul - 17:42

bruno wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:If one thinks back 10 years and compare the old site is kind of sad. Then again, this joint aint what it used to be either Smile

It's the book facers and other stuff....it is what it is and 'the beat goes on'. cheers

sounds like a good time to sell !!

Might as well, with all the lay-offs around here.. Rolling Eyes
avatar
QtrWarrior

Posts : 2544
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 59
Location : Bloomingdale, Ga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  99zx9r on Thu 28 Jul - 0:18

Just curious...other than maybe clicking on an infected link from a thread, how does one get a virus from visiting a forum? I don't post much, but visit both forums regularly and found both to have lots of good information.
avatar
99zx9r

Posts : 39
Join date : 2012-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  bruno on Thu 28 Jul - 11:36

69F100 wrote:
bruno wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:If one thinks back 10 years and compare the old site is kind of sad. Then again, this joint aint what it used to be either Smile

It's the book facers and other stuff....it is what it is and 'the beat goes on'. cheers

sounds like a good time to sell !!



Watch your mouth or your fingers don't make us have to go to Alabama affraid

Laughing
avatar
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10539
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 45
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

View user profile http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  jeffgfg on Thu 28 Jul - 17:13

99zx9r wrote:Just curious...other than maybe clicking on an infected link from a thread, how does one get a virus from visiting a forum?  I don't post much, but visit both forums regularly and found both to have lots of good information.    
What happened in this case is that when you logged on a page would appear that told you if you didn't call a certain number and give them money you wouldn't be able to move off that page. Before that they sent out new passwords because they got hacked. I tried several times to log in following their instructions all to no avail. Then when I tried contacting them through the link they provided, it came back as a bad address. Anyway after about a week and numerous attempts to get It straightened out I was finally able to get logged back in but now there isn't much on there anymore.

jeffgfg

Posts : 313
Join date : 2010-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  Doug Rahn on Thu 28 Jul - 20:06

I think this site usually has a history of slowing down during the spring and summer months because everyone is out doing their thing. Since I retired I have loads of time on my hands but I don’t spend a lot of that time on the computer unless I’m drawing something or maybe paying my bills, or it’s just too damn hot to do anything. I have spent a lot of time on the road with my brother delivering machine parts around the country to different power plants for my sister’s husband, plus that’s extra mad money for me.

When the cold weather returns, it will pick up again.
avatar
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 66
Location : Springfield, GA

View user profile http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  99zx9r on Thu 28 Jul - 20:53

jeffgfg wrote:
99zx9r wrote:Just curious...other than maybe clicking on an infected link from a thread, how does one get a virus from visiting a forum?  I don't post much, but visit both forums regularly and found both to have lots of good information.    
What happened in this case is that when you logged on a page would appear that told you if you didn't call a certain number and give them money you wouldn't be able to move off that page. Before that they sent out new passwords because they got hacked. I tried several times to log in following their instructions all to no avail. Then when I tried contacting them through the link they provided, it came back as a bad address. Anyway after about a week and numerous attempts to get It straightened out I was finally able to get logged back in but now there isn't much on there anymore.

I understand...makes sense now. I've seen those dialogue boxes on other non-automotive sites Embarassed but did the quick ctrl-alt-del and closed all pages via task manager before any harm was done.
avatar
99zx9r

Posts : 39
Join date : 2012-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  Lem Evans on Thu 28 Jul - 21:07

It's just a case that many people have moved on to other things or found out everything they needed to know.

Plus, there are no new human units coming in to replace them.

In ten years that shit hole YB will be waning ....or before.

Lem Evans

Posts : 7017
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  chuck on Sat 30 Jul - 0:52

Lem Evans wrote:If one thinks back 10 years and compare the old site is kind of sad. Then again, this joint aint what it used to be either Smile

It's the book facers and other stuff....it is what it is and 'the beat goes on'. cheers

I'm going to give you a "LIKE" that seems to make people feel good! Lol

chuck

Posts : 414
Join date : 2009-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Ford 460 site ...

Post  goinpostal on Sat 30 Jul - 13:27

rmcomprandy wrote:Unless I am temporarily on some strange computer somewhere, I will never go visiting that site again.
They have passed an infection to my laptop for the last time ... this is twice to much.  Once could be an aberration but, twice in one year is just bad management of the site and who/what is going on there. Evil or Very Mad

I had the same thing happen, it's coming from one of the ads. I'd upgraded to Windows 10 and hadn't installed any kind of ad blocker in my browsers yet. Once I did it stopped.

I just went over there again to look around. The post I'd made there about this was deleted. There had been several replies by people who had run in to the same thing last time I'd checked. I guess they don't want anyone talking about it.
avatar
goinpostal

Posts : 69
Join date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum