BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alcohol injection

3 posters

Go down

Alcohol injection Empty Alcohol injection

Post  Chopperchip July 29th 2016, 7:33 pm

So I'm really interested in running alcohol. Little nervous though because I never have, bust seems pretty cut and dry as long as the guidelines are followed. So a couple questions. Anything specific with internals anyone has suggestions on? Pistons and rings, gaskets, etc. Anything I should consider before ordering my internal parts? I see a lot of folks dont necessarily run a vacuum pump, which do to my budget is a plus. In time I will invest into a vacuum pump, but it's all about budget.compression? I'm running the TFS power port 290's and have not invested in cam shaft yet. I believe they are 74cc heads. I can post specs if needed.running trick flow track best 4150 style intake. Have not set my mind on bottom end yet. Either a strong built 466 or stroker. As said, am on a budget, but really like what I'm reading about the benefits of alcohol. Thank you. Chipper..... sorry just realized I started new thread. Still learning forums... please bare with me....

Chopperchip

Back to top Go down

Alcohol injection Empty Re: Alcohol injection

Post  bbf-falcon July 30th 2016, 12:28 am

IMO,a vacumn pump should be used w/alky for the simple reason of removing moisture after cool down.VP's have other good uses in a race engine also.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 July 30th 2016, 6:51 am

bbf-falcon wrote:IMO,a vacumn pump should be used w/alky for the simple reason of removing moisture after cool down.VP's have other good uses in a race engine also.

X2. The alky runs cool and will make moisture quickly so if some friends come over and want to hear it run make sure you bring it up to temp before shutting it down or you will have milky oil they are a little more maintenance with alky I run a gas primer system with mine I start mine on that helps keep the moisture out
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Chopperchip July 30th 2016, 3:48 pm

69F100 wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:IMO,a vacumn pump should be used w/alky for the simple reason of removing moisture after cool down.VP's have other good uses in a race engine also.

X2. The alky runs cool and will make moisture quickly so if some friends come over and want to hear it run make sure you bring it up to temp before shutting it down or you will have milky oil they are a little more maintenance with alky I run a gas primer system with mine I start mine on that helps keep the moisture out

You use the primer system. You use a seperate mini fuel cell for race gas? I seen one guy just uses alcohol of a small port in his regular fuel cell

Chopperchip

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 July 31st 2016, 1:21 pm

Yes I have a 1 qt fuel cell I use 93 octane pump gas. I have the primer plus system from Ron's
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down