BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HAD A STRANGE THING HAPPEN LAST NIGHT ------

3 posters

Go down

HAD A STRANGE THING HAPPEN LAST NIGHT ------ Empty HAD A STRANGE THING HAPPEN LAST NIGHT ------

Post  Wayne Pearce August 2nd 2016, 2:37 pm

Hey, guy's - this has me scratching my head trying to figure out what happened.  I just did some major work on my cooling system, new radiator, new hoses, etc.  I left it running for about 10 minutes to get heat into it, and check for leaks, there were none.  Hopped in the car thinking I had just enough time to make it to a local cruise to show off my work, the car started to go - and then just crapped out!  I'm thinking WTF just happened, turned the key, and it acted like it was flooded, held the pedal to the floor, and it started up - tried to take off again, and the same thing happened!  Now I'm looking for answers, and I looked at the fuel pressure gauge on the dash, and it's pegged at 13 PSI (should be 6 PSI)!  I popped the hood to check the gauge on the pressure regulator, it was at 2 PSI (should be 6PSI)!  Even with the key, and pump off, it took the dash gauge nearly an hour to drop to zero.  I went to the garage this morning with the intention of tearing it all apart to find the problem, both gauges were at zero, started the engine up - and it ran like nothing ever happened - both gauges were reading 6 PSI like they should be.  Can anybody conger up any idea what the hell happened?  Thanks in advance.

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

HAD A STRANGE THING HAPPEN LAST NIGHT ------ Empty Re: HAD A STRANGE THING HAPPEN LAST NIGHT ------

Post  69F100 August 2nd 2016, 3:18 pm

Sounds like it might have vapor locked
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

HAD A STRANGE THING HAPPEN LAST NIGHT ------ Empty Re: HAD A STRANGE THING HAPPEN LAST NIGHT ------

Post  Wayne Pearce August 3rd 2016, 10:36 pm

I thought about vapor lock, but it's never happened with this combo in the past 6 years. The thing I can't understand is why the gauge at the regulator was reading 2 pounds, but at the dash, 13 pounds!

Wayne

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh August 3rd 2016, 11:04 pm

Wayne Pearce wrote:I thought about vapor lock, but it's never happened with this combo in the past 6 years.  The thing I can't understand is why the gauge at the regulator was reading 2 pounds, but at the dash, 13 pounds!

Wayne

X2 it sounds like it was vapor locked, or the fuel filter is clogged (more like vapor lock), If you have an Isolated gauge in the car the gauge is oil fed not fuel fed and pressure is pressure to the isolator, depending on the temp and bends in the line it could take a while for the air to bleed out of the line and release the pressure on the isolator.
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down