BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess I'll see if this pile of shit will run tomorrow....

+17
dirt_worker
DILLIGASDAVE
jones
yellowhorse7
rmcomprandy
patfromjersey
Frank Merkl
61coon
Moodyblues
bird of prey
maverick
AZFairlane
cool40
richter69
FalconEh
bruno
Mustang-junky
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Guess I'll see if this pile of shit will run tomorrow.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess I'll see if this pile of shit will run tomorrow....

Post  cool40 August 26th 2016, 10:58 pm

Update...... bom
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Guess I'll see if this pile of shit will run tomorrow.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess I'll see if this pile of shit will run tomorrow....

Post  Frank Merkl August 27th 2016, 3:46 am

You aren't trying hard enough!!! put your toes over the edge !!! live on the wild side!!!!
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno August 27th 2016, 12:39 pm

Come on Fabio !!!

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 27th 2016, 1:34 pm

Converter is way too loose, Lenny is sending
Me another stator will see what that does.... If its not enough will go to a 10" unit
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 August 27th 2016, 1:44 pm

That means it's making plenty of power! cheers
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jones September 5th 2016, 4:18 pm

Sweet man! congrats!

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 September 11th 2016, 2:06 pm

Update...... Suspect
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 11th 2016, 7:14 pm

Took it yesterday, just goes into tire smoke when you turn the button loose now.... Converter is tighter but not enough i feel..... Im gonna throw a progressive on it and take it to a heads up race next sat.... See if i can get some decent data for Lenny.

Lots of races coming up the next two months I wear the bolts out on it till i get it somewhat happy.

https://youtu.be/y1e_DxeTP5k
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 September 11th 2016, 10:45 pm

It doesn't sound like its rpm'd out. I guess you already have some of them $uper trick high horsepower shocks on the back?
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 11th 2016, 11:06 pm

7400 at the stripe, mph aint where it needs to be, converter never gets ahold of it real good.

Yes good shocks
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE September 12th 2016, 2:16 am

richter69 wrote:..........just goes into tire smoke when you turn the button loose now.........https://youtu.be/y1e_DxeTP5k

Guess the 1.80 gear gave it back a whole lot more smack at the hit than the 1.58 gear did.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  dirt_worker September 12th 2016, 7:24 am

Kinda off subject... noticed you never physically shifted it. Ive got an rpm activated shiftnoid on mine and when it blows the tires off if almost always makes the shift into high gear and due to my pedaling it is unnoticeable to almost everyone.

Just wondering if thats what happened here?
dirt_worker
dirt_worker

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 12th 2016, 8:02 am

Shifter set at 7500, by the time i catch it it goes to about 7550 and makes the gear change
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dirt_worker September 13th 2016, 12:29 am

richter69 wrote:Shifter set at 7500, by the time i catch it it goes to about 7550 and makes the gear change

It sounded like when you got back after it it was already in high gear. Was that the case?

Just curious. Im rethinking my setup because for me the run is junk if its in high gear for 1300ft. Thinking about setting the shift up on a timer rather than rpm to at least give me a chance at winning if it knocks the tires off.
dirt_worker
dirt_worker

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE September 13th 2016, 2:39 am

richter69 wrote:.... Im gonna throw a progressive on it............

What about using a timing ramp during the 1st 20-40ft instead of the progressive?
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 13th 2016, 6:30 pm

Delete.

Sorry for the hijack, Jon.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 26th 2016, 5:12 pm

New 10" converter in, progressive installed, rear shocks come to find out one was leaking and the comp valving was screwed up in the other... Borrowed some Santhuffs.... Will take it next sat, its PSRA so the track wont be an issue
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 September 26th 2016, 8:03 pm

Keep it off the roof cheers
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues September 27th 2016, 10:08 am

richter69 wrote:New 10" converter in, progressive installed, rear shocks come to find out one was leaking and the comp valving was screwed up in the other... Borrowed some Santhuffs.... Will take it next sat, its PSRA so the track wont be an issue

Get that baby hauling. I talked to Derek from the street outlaws in Hunstville saturday night and he made a decent pass. Any chance those guys will let you do some racing with them?
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 September 27th 2016, 2:06 pm

Moodyblues wrote:
richter69 wrote:New 10" converter in, progressive installed, rear shocks come to find out one was leaking and the comp valving was screwed up in the other... Borrowed some Santhuffs.... Will take it next sat, its PSRA so the track wont be an issue

Get that baby hauling.   I talked to Derek from the street outlaws in Hunstville saturday night and he made a decent pass.  Any chance those guys will let you do some racing with them?
I don't think they won't any of the hErO....
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 October 2nd 2016, 12:45 am

Bump for a good update........ cyclops
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 2nd 2016, 4:18 pm

Took off work and went to a track rental fri, made some progress.
Went back yesterday to the heads up night deal and ran 5.0 index class, broke out first pass dumping it early..... Im having to use a progressive one the first kit to even get it to move out of its own tracks......

Went back up to make a hit on both guns but it knocked the tires off when the 2 stage came on .80 in the run and had to peddle it, legged it out back just to get a decent read on the plugs.

All in all was a good night, i still have some work to do w the shocks, timing, and power managmenet. It's already quicker and faster on one progressed stage than it was on the old combo w both on at the hit....

We have our buick vs ford race in two weeks ill theow some ballast in the truck and come out swinging for the fence. Converter is dead on now, its comin around I just gotga get her to handle all the dick at once and it will scoot.......

Go pro from the last run, tire shake jacked the camera up, they may need to repaint tbe wall I think i burned it all off lol

https://youtu.be/XIcSr8JZYSQ

https://youtu.be/h_r3eM0tgYI
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 October 2nd 2016, 4:39 pm

Cool looks like a fire starter....
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans October 2nd 2016, 4:40 pm

How did the plugs look, okay?

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 2nd 2016, 9:06 pm

Plugs looked great, prob throw a little more timing at it in fact
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next